Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Abs Vsc Light T180

wardude

hey dudes

A few month ago while driving, the car beeped and Check ABS, Check VSC light came on. Switched engine off, retsrted and all was fine. that is until today. 3 times I have had this come on and each time it has gone off after restarting. It hasnt come on again as yet. Any ideas???

Hang on, just did a search and found it may be a sticking egr valve???? Why should this bring up ABS light though? I have just done a long constant drive of 70-80mph for almost 5 hrs. It was at this point it came on. Does it sound likely to be the EGR??

hey dudes

A few month ago while driving, the car beeped and Check ABS, Check VSC light came on. Switched engine off, retsrted and all was fine. that is until today. 3 times I have had this come on and each time it has gone off after restarting. It hasnt come on again as yet. Any ideas???

Hang on, just did a search and found it may be a sticking egr valve???? Why should this bring up ABS light though? I have just done a long constant drive of 70-80mph for almost 5 hrs. It was at this point it came on. Does it sound likely to be the EGR??

Sounds like you may be in for a new engine if other recent similar reports are anything to go by..................

Shaun,

My dashboard has been lit up like a Christmas tree a number of times this week due to a my chip kit throwing a wobbler and is still suffering from hesitation between 1500-2000 rpm.

I suspect is the EGR valve is to blame for the hesitation & I was going to inspect the condition of mine last weekend if the weather had been any good but after a week of frustration with the motor going in to limp mode several times I have not bothered.

Got it booked back in to Mr.T for Monday and am hoping that it can be sorted and that it does not require a new engine.

Hope you get yours sorted mate thumbsup.gif

Ill check the egr valve. Mine had new piston rings and head gasket etc etc 2 years ago. It aint using a drop of oil or anti freeze etc so i doubt ill be getting a new engine. It runs sweet as a nut, pleanty power, 40 mpg

Ill check the egr valve. Mine had new piston rings and head gasket etc etc 2 years ago. It aint using a drop of oil or anti freeze etc so i doubt ill be getting a new engine. It runs sweet as a nut, pleanty power, 40 mpg

I've had 2 new engines on my T-180! :!Removed!:

Oh bugger. Well I hope mine is just a dirty egr valve. like i said its running sweet as a nut and aint using a drop of oil

Oh bugger. Well I hope mine is just a dirty egr valve. like i said its running sweet as a nut and aint using a drop of oil

Hope its just the EGR to mate. Bang in the BG244 in the fuel tank :thumbsup:

I put some in about 3k miles ago (4 month). Actually, I changed jobs 2 months back and instead of a 30 mile drive to work I now only drive 5 miles. Maybe this is part of the problem

I put some in about 3k miles ago (4 month). Actually, I changed jobs 2 months back and instead of a 30 mile drive to work I now only drive 5 miles. Maybe this is part of the problem

That could have a lot to do with it. Give it an Italian tune up to help free the EGR :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links