Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C A E 2011

GIDDLEPIN

First of all a HUGE thanks goes to Michelle & Ian for hosting as well as helping to organise this years event held at their lovely home. An event which has to be the best so far and will take some beating. Their none stop hospitality, the availability of endless tea/coffee/pop etc, facilities that spoiled us rotten (the hot tub was my favourite....so was the swimming pool.....and the pool table......)! The food was ok.......................nah, it was bloody fantastic!!! We certainly appreciated the Saturday evening buffet prepared and superbly presented by Michelle & Ian (with all the fantastic assistants)

Thanks must also go to both Toyota Owners Club and Roadster Owners Club for their support and contributions: the evening buffet, as well as the Treasure Hunt trophy - were greatly appreciated by us all.

My personal thanks have to go to EVERYONE attending who came from far and near, the old familiar faces and the those who were new to club meets, you all made this weekend the success it has been, making the time and effort put in to organising the event very worthwhile indeed.

To those that couldn't make it for various reasons, I hope you can attend any future meets that will be planned....

Now for a few pictures:

CAE2011Eospictures013.jpg

CAE2011Eospictures026.jpg

CAE2011Eospictures030.jpg

CAE2011Eospictures261.jpg

All my other pictures are here CLICKY

As also put on ROC

Ian & Michelle - Thank you so much for letting us have use of your amazing home. It was very generous and trusting of you, I hope that everything was left as it should have been.

Les & Anne - As always with everything you arrange you have the midas touch, everything ran to plan, everyone got on and I have to say this is up there with JAE06 as being my favourite ever meet!

MR2ROC - Thank you for making a small group of non-mr2r owners feel very welcome (I was driving the black celica). All clubs should be as welcoming and fun as you guys...................where is the party next month

TOC Lot - You are all super sexy and I would love to lick your face :P Just kidding, cracking bunch of people. Just a few personal thank yous:

Dawsey, thanks for bringing back my whiplash with your 2, that thing is brutal!!!

Mo, thanks for being my drinking partner bro, sorry about the underhand tactics :P

Fizz, wiff waff/pool/90s cheese we had it all

Gaz, for letting me be big spoon

And the rest of you, for just being there

Well, as Les has already said : IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!

Thanks goes to Les who I know worked so tirelessy to arrange everything for this meeting and for carrying on right through the whole weekend organising and running around endlessly.

My gratitude to Ian and Michelle (and Nic too) for giving us the opportunity to use their fabulous home, it has been the best CAE ever!!!

Also it was so nice to meet all the old familiar faces and to get tk know so many new people.

Location was.... mediocre

People... tolerable

Food... meh

Who am I kidding?! Awesome meet!

Don't think anything could have been improved (except maybe my pool skills!)

Can't wait for the next meet!

thumbsup.gif

Just to reiterate what i posted over in ROC.

Awesome Venue

Awesome Hosts

Awesome Organisation

Awesome People

One of the best weekends ive had in a long while connected to a car club. :)

If im still here for the next years one im deffo coming!

Les/Anne - As ever a pleasure and we shouldnt leave it so long for the next time we meet.

Hou - Cheers for the games... we need to get a wiff waff table! (also for the taxi service)

Gaz - Funny times with funny people about us.. lol

Mo - Cheers for letting me take your beloved custard MR2 tubby for the weekend

Dawsey - *****... still grinning from the drive you let me have! Awesome machinary.. i even told Mo when i jumped back into his car that im probably not going to use boost for the rest of the day as it would be a waste of fuel! hahahaha!

Cheers

Fizz

p.s) Les im guessing its going to take some time for you to load all your pics.. lol

as already said, what an awesome meet. the Best CAE to date (not that any of the previous have been anything other than superb)

thanks to les and anne for their impeccable organisation and time

ian, michelle and nick for their amaizing hospitality, opening their home to 50 odd car owners is brave.

and all that were there to make it a special meet.

cant wait for the next one now.

What a great weekend meet that was!

Thanks to Les and Anne for organising the meet and the treasure hunt and to Ian and Michelle for letting us share your beautiful home and providing such great and friendly hospitality all weekend!

This meet must go down as one of the best ever with so many happy memories and friendly people...........Thank you all for being there!

Wow!....The input from club members who couldn't make this is really....................Unsurprising :rolleyes:

Wow!....The input from club members who couldn't make this is really....................Unsurprising :rolleyes:

Les.... I'm sorry mate but I do not understand why you would expect any input from member who did not attend. If they were not part of the event why would they be part of this thread :huh:

Well unfortunately I didnt make this due to it being my dad's birthday that weekend... but looks like you guys had a blast and the weather was good. I really look forward to hopefully joining you on a different meet in the future... miss you guys! :)

Keep the whites on your nose and the reds on your tail! ;)

Les.... I'm sorry mate but I do not understand why you would expect any input from member who did not attend. If they were not part of the event why would they be part of this thread :huh:

Sorry Steve I should read paragraph 3 more often. ;)

I foolishly thought that if there was ANY reaction to what a Toyota Owners Club meet (Yes it was a Toc meet) can be like, there might be some enthusiasm from members wanting to partake in something similar and give encouragement to organisers of any future events but sadly this is not so.......as expected. :rolleyes:

Was a great weekend, well done Les for organsising, wow even some of the TOC members spoke to me :) xx

I foolishly thought that if there was ANY reaction to what a Toyota Owners Club meet (Yes it was a Toc meet) can be like, there might be some enthusiasm from members wanting to partake in something similar and give encouragement to organisers of any future events but sadly this is not so.......as expected. :rolleyes:

Les.... I know that I am only one person on here but if there was an event that did not involve tents or camping then I would really like to attend in the future if circumstance will allow. I am very disappointed about JAE this year but hold hope for next :thumbsup:

For very personal reasons which I will not post on here I could not attend this or any other meet this year.If things change then I would like to meet up with you guys next year perhaps.

I am glad you all had a nice time and thank you for sharing this with us :)

Steve.. this is in no way aimed at you personally, so please don't read it as such.

Input from members who did not attend.... would be nice to get opinions on whether or not it would be worthwhile organising the event fot TOC members next year.

Reaction to what a TOC meet is like... so far we have absolutely nothing worth bothering about, except for a couple of posts. In days gone by this thread would be on page 4 by now with people ooohing and ahhhing and saying what a fantasticx time they had or saying they wish they could have went.

The only thing the members of TOC have on meets is apathy, 100% apathy, no-one can be bothered organise a meet, if they do.. no-one can be bothered to attend. This club used to be full of friendly people who you could meet up with regularly, now... for me anyway.. it's full of faceless usernames with no interest in anything meets related, it's no wonder Les has said this was the last event he will organise for TOC.

People will think I'm a hypocrite for posting this as I didn't attend this event and they would be right, but a 682 mile round trip and only one day off at the weekend makes my excuse reasonably understanding, there are people on here who couldn't care less about it even if it was 20 miles away. In my defence I will say I done a 568 mile round trip for a BBQ (which I was late for, but still got fed and some liquid refreshments... oh!, and I only got 4 hours notice that I could attend)

I have recently wondered why I even bother coming here anymore, or why I am indeed still a moderator (think that hat should be passed to someone else) I have lost interest in this forum because I hardly know anyone on it (see above.. faceless usernames) and thats because the members on it have no interest in meets, they won't even post their opinion on a few photo's or a video for god's sake... it's time the members here debated whether or not they actually need a meets section anymore.. because it's surely the least used section here?

Well said Davey!!! I have resigned and will miss to old times. Made some amazing friends from here and thats something to take with me :)

Davy.... I cannot dispute anything you say as you are correct :yes:

I would like TOC to be a lot more sociable and would like to attend more meets.... I put forward an idea or two to Steve (admin) but as yet I have not received any feedback from him so can only thing he did not like my ideas.... oh well I did try :huh: