Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Safe Driving Can Save Gas Money

Huon.cloutier

With gasoline prices on the rise (again!), drivers can benefit greatly from a few tips on how to reduce gasoline expenses said the U.S. Department of Energy. According to this agency, reckless driving includes speeding and rapid acceleration and braking, and this can result in lowering your gas mileage by nearly 33 percent at highway speeds and by 5 percent in town.

Maintaining your car regularly can save you a lot of money on gasoline. Fixing any serious problems like a faulty oxygen sensor can result in nearly 40 percent improvement in mileage. Also, check if your tires are properly inflated and use proper grade oil.

Drivers should carefully plan their trips, and instead of going out on just one errand, they should handle multiple errands on one trip. Mass transit and carpooling are also better ways to save fuel.

Wow - things must be bad if the US dept of transportation is urging people to save petrol!

Going by the size and engine capacities of the cars they drive a saving of 40percent on one of their cars would power my Prius for 6 months!

:thumbsup:

Wow - things must be bad if the US dept of transportation is urging people to save petrol!

They best make the most of it, the country will be bankrupt by the end of the week :rolleyes:

They best make the most of it, the country will be bankrupt by the end of the week :rolleyes:

:wacko: - oh I don't know, the EU will bail them out - after all, if Greece can be bailed out......

I'm sure, if it were up to the UK, our sycophantic politicians would be falling over themselves to help our American cousins. Thankfully, the French and Germans aren't such an easy touch and would prefer to see EU taxpayers money stay in the EU - apart from little things like writing off 3rd world debts and tossing huge piles of dosh into little tin-pot dictatorships to help them suppress their populace of course...

With gasoline prices on the rise (again!), drivers can benefit greatly from a few tips on how to reduce gasoline expenses said the U.S. Department of Energy. According to this agency, reckless driving includes speeding and rapid acceleration and braking, and this can result in lowering your gas mileage by nearly 33 percent at highway speeds and by 5 percent in town.

Maintaining your car regularly can save you a lot of money on gasoline. Fixing any serious problems like a faulty oxygen sensor can result in nearly 40 percent improvement in mileage. Also, check if your tires are properly inflated and use proper grade oil.

Drivers should carefully plan their trips, and instead of going out on just one errand, they should handle multiple errands on one trip. Mass transit and carpooling are also better ways to save fuel.

What a revelation :rolleyes: .... If I have not read this I would never have known ;) :lol:

I thought China owned most of the US now? :lol:

I thought China owned most of the US now? :lol:

How can China own most of the US when the Arabs already own 'most' of it... lol! Ahhhhh... they sell them selves twice, double booking yanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links