Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driver Awareness Courses

Steve

Has anyone been on the driving awareness course? Was the driving awareness course beneficial or a waste of time?

Nope.... but I would if it was instead of points!

I can't imagine me getting on too well at one though.... I can forsee massive amounts of politically correctness... and for some reason civil servants in high vis jackets...

apparently they give you a right lecture LOL

My mate attended one instead of getting points on your licence

The instructor was very good, showed a lot of graphic pictures of injuries caused by poor driving. One of the questions was "What would you do if somebody was tailgating you on a single carriageway road" Some half scroat piped up, "I would stamped on the brakes, get out and punch the tw*t..................The instructor reminded such scroat that if the instructor so wished, he could refer said scroat to the courts for further points AND fine and costs if he thought he was not taking it seriously :eek: When they were shown some graphics of seriously injured people, the scroat went a tad pale :sick:

Kingo :thumbsup:

My son went on one instead of taking the points. Said he doubts that it will make any difference.

"What would you do if somebody was tailgating you on a single carriageway road"

I loved having a car that popped 3 foot flames out the back.......

I know of a driving instructor who had to go on one because he was stopped by the Police for not wearing his seat belt! My partner who is a Road Saftey Officer was out with the local Police when he was pulled over on a road side check! :blink:

The awareness campaigns to drive against those who are driving while driving have been present in the past 20 years. The efforts of group include MADD and SADD along with Indiana State Police Program which have been pulled over to make people realize and think that getting on the wheel while driving is very much dangerous.

What would you do if somebody was tailgating you on a single carriageway road"

If you were in one of James Bond's cars you could just pick a switch at random...just not the one in the gearstick :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links