Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Seat Protectors

Lorna2

Hi

I'm looking for a car seat protector for the back seat of a Yaris that won't slide off as soon as my dog sits on it. I got one in argos but it slides off and had another one years ago with elastic all round the edge of it but it scooted off. Its just to keep leaves, grass and dirt from the ground that my dog picks up on his walks, off the seat. I'm very fussy about a clean car. Looked on the Halfords website and they have a few but they're the same as the one I already have and have bad reviews of sliding off. Has anyone already bought one and modified it so it stays on?

He wears a harness so isn't jumping about and is only a small dog

My mate had that problem too (His dog is huuuge tho'; 's taller than me if it stands on its hind legs! :eek::lol:) with his crappy Halfords elastic seat cover, but he got his girlfriend to help him sow some velcro strips to it that thread round the sides and over the top between the parcel shelf gap, and stuck some stickyback ones on the plastic back part of his rear seats to attach them.

The adhesive wasn't up to it, but I nabbed some 3M Command Strips from work for (I love these things; Incredible adhesion but can be removed easily when you need to!) and as far as I know it's still working :)

I can't remember with the Mk2 Yaris, but the Mk1 Yaris has a fabric-back rear seat back; If the Mk2 is the same might just be able to use the hook-part of velcro and stick it directly to the fabric back...?

You could buy a rubber boot liner and cut it to size. Rubber tends not to slip like plastic. I bought a boot liner - pimpled so it does not slide from Aldi 6 months ago - one of their special offers.. About £6..

Thanks for the good tips!

I would nearly have got a rubber boot liner to see if it would work or tried to velcro the useless cover from argos to the back of the seat/parcel shelf.

But I have modified the useless cover and it now works! :yahoo: I cut a hole in the bottom of each side of the seat protector, then tied cord through the holes and round the bars that are on the bottom of the seat. I'd like to have used black cord instead - might get that some time. I pushed the headrests down on the seat protector and wrapped the 2 pieces of elastic that came with the cover, round the 2 plastic handles at the top of the seat for sliding/folding.

Hopefully it can be seen in the pictures if I've managed to attach them properly - its my first time to post any photos on here. You'll see Bobby enjoying himself stretched out on 'his' seat! :clap:

post-110718-0-69344300-1312399730_thumb.

post-110718-0-94366900-1312398232_thumb.

I brought a rear seat cover for from Lidl on Monday just to protect the seats from our dog,this is before these posts started.got around today to fitting it today.

its held on with snap type clips and the straps fit around the headrest anchorage.you can also fit them at the same time to the front headrests or allow to the front of the cover to rest on the floor.

its not what i call a tailored fit in the wifes hyundai micrs but its a not bad at all,so i picked up another one today for my auris.the material is nice and thick,not elastic.and at £5.99 well worth it

there is a zip down the middle of the seat part so you carry a rear seat passanger without removing the whole cover.but thats very easy should need to with the snap cips.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links