Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Control Locking Key Problem

Lucie

Does the key have a Battery life as im having trouble unlocking via pressing the button on the key.i have to get it at a certain angle where before u could do it from basically anywhere. No issues locking it. have a spare key.havnt tried it yet so i guess that will tell me whether its just the key.could someone advise as to what the issue may be

Tried my spare key and it works fine.so i guess its an issue with the other key.any idea what it is

I'd start by changing the Battery in the key to see whether that solves the problem.

Yeah i had a search through the board and saw that it takes a watch Battery.so will pop down on monday.see if they can get into it as the screw is tiny

Changed the battery and its working fine

a week after changing the Battery with no issues. its going funny again. the problems not as bad as before i changed the Battery but im having to stand nearer to the car in the right position where as for the last week its worked as normal and its with both locking and unlocking now where before locking was fine.

DId you use a cheap Battery Lucie or splash out on a more expensive one? I once got a pack of cheap ones that only lasted a short time or in some cases not at all.

DId you use a cheap battery Lucie or splash out on a more expensive one? I once got a pack of cheap ones that only lasted a short time or in some cases not at all.

not sure what type it was.just went into my local jewellers and got a watch Battery put in.is there a certain model Battery i should get

Sounds like it should be ok, but you never know. I would buy a Duracell or Energiser and fit that. See how it is in a couple more weeks after you have done that

Didnt know duracell etc did watch batteries.its strange cause its working ok again now.so abit confused as to what it can be.interference in the atmosphere?

They certainly do :thumbsup:

http://www.energizer.eu/uk/en/site/watch-batteries.html

Interestingly, Duracell list batts for car key fobs as a seperate item to watch batteries, not sure if that's just marketing rubbish or not though!

http://www.duracell.co.uk/en-GB/series/security-batteries.jspx

Remotes work by radio .. IF there are other devices on same frequency, it will not work..

(a device used by car thieves to prevent cars locking)

Well known problems in some areas..

My key fob hasn't been working for AGGGGEEEESSSS! I can unlock the car remotely but not lock it for some reason. I've changed the Battery and have tried everything I could possibly think of. Everywhere I ring for a replacement quote all say its a dealership job only and Mr. T wants £130 for the pleasure!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links