Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Engine Number

mickandjanet

I recently purchased from my Local Toyota dealer a 2008 1.6 TR Auris,08 Reg, on receiving the Log Book from DVLA checked the details to make sure all the details were correct all was ok untill I came to the engine number, on the Log Book it states that the engine number is,3ZZUO-----,(I have ommitted the last 5 numbers for security) the number stamped on the engine block is,1ZR-FEO----- (as stated in the Auris Spec) with the 5 omitted numbers being the same as on the log book,I queried this with the dealer who contacted Toyota who say by E-Mail that this is the computer code for the 1zr engine and is therefor correct on the log book, I have my doubts, a number is a number, if pulled by Police or have an insurance claim the details are different. anyone else have this discrepency or not even noticed and are Toyota correct.

Sounds a bit strange, never heard of a 3ZZ-UO engine. The Corolla used to be 3ZZ-FE.

I would contact Toyota yourself and find out what they say.

You could also try putting your Vin in this and see what it comes out as http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

Thanks for your reply JIG, I put the Vin number in and it confirms that it is a 1ZR-FE ENGINE, so why the 3ZZU engine on the log book is still a mystery. Before I contact Mr T it may be helpful if any other T O C Member with the same Auris that I have (2008 1.6 TR) would be so kind as to look at their Log Book (V5C FORM ITEM P5 ENGINE NUMBER) and post their findings on this topic.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply JIG, I put the Vin number in and it confirms that it is a 1ZR-FE ENGINE, so why the 3ZZU engine on the log book is still a mystery. Before I contact Mr T it may be helpful if any other T O C Member with the same Auris that I have (2008 1.6 TR) would be so kind as to look at their Log Book (V5C FORM ITEM P5 ENGINE NUMBER) and post their findings on this topic.

Thanks

Hi, my car is a 1.6 SR 2010, the numbers for mine are.

On the order form its 3ZZ-U

On the Invoice 3ZZ-U

Reg document 1ZR U

On the engine 1ZR U

The 1ZR-FAE is the 1.6 engine type.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Thanks

Hi, my car is a 1.6 SR 2010, the numbers for mine are.

On the order form its 3ZZ-U

On the Invoice 3ZZ-U

Reg document 1ZR U

On the engine 1ZR U

The 1ZR-FAE is the 1.6 engine type.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Thanks for the info, now awaiting reply from Mr T

Thanks for all the replies, have now received written confirmation from Mr T UK with regards to the engine number and post a summary below.

My Auris(Registration Number ------- is an Auris TR2 5DR 1.6M with the engine number "UO-----". The prefix OF "3ZZ" is an internal code for the

1.6 VVT-i Petrol/1ZR engine and the details are therefore correct on the V5 and in line with our details which shows that this car having the 3ZZ code engine.

So my engine type is classified as a 3ZZ 1.6 VVT-i Petrol / 1ZR, Engine Number UO----- (last 5 numbers not shown for security)

Thanks

Michael

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links