Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best And Worse Things About Your Rav?

Uncle_P

What is your favortite and least favorite thing about your Rav4?

My favorite is the sweet 2 litre petrol engine under the bonnet, bottom of the class goes to the slightly girly sounding horn..

Any other opinions?

My favorite thing is the super-sweet 269hp V6 under the hood. My least favorite was the fact that it didn't automatically lock the doors like my old car. But I fixed that with an electronic module. And I also replaced the girly beep-beep horns with a pair of proper sounding horns.

I think toyota must have brought the squeeky horns they fit as a cheap joblot, as it seems they are fitted to all there models.its usual to have better horns/pairs on higher spec cars.have any of the models got decent hornd as standard?

BEST THING : It looks lovely when it's washed and cleaned.

WORST THING : Ah'm just a wee guy and can't reach the roof, so it never gets cleaned, and the dirt runs off the roof on to the cleaned bits of the car, so the car is never clean for long, as it rains quite often in Scotlandshire.

Big Kev :lol:

WORST THING : Ah'm just a wee guy and can't reach the roof, so it never gets cleaned, and the dirt runs off the roof on to the cleaned bits of the car, so the car is never clean for long, as it rains quite often in Scotlandshire.

Same for Me .. I cant reach the roof either ..... :rolleyes:

Wee Charlie.

Same for Me .. I cant reach the roof either ..... :rolleyes:

Wee Charlie.

Listen not to this fibber, folks....one of the few people I know who can look through a Rav sunroof.....from the OUTSIDE....that's why he's so keen on sunroofs....wee party trick.

Kev V.C. (Vertically Challenged...)

Best : Drives well in all conditions esp snow

Worst: Side opening rear door meaning that if someone parks close to you, you can't get it open and you need a detachable towbar.

Underpowered on long motorway inclines -if you put your foot down and watch the mpg indicator ......

Ah'm just a wee guy and can't reach the roof, so it never gets cleaned

Get yerself a wee stool standy-on-y-thingy. The neighbours will laugh at you behind your back when you use it and and call you a Big Wussy Kev, but it's got to be worth it :yes:

Worst Thing: Well, going by active posting members on here, the fact that RAVs would appear to attract a lot of Scottish (or living in Scotland) owners :P

Best Thing: Well, the good natured banter and expert friendly advice on this forum, certainly enhances its ownership. Compared with other forums, I think it is one of the more civilised places on the net. Now, in the words of Vince from BBC3's mongrels, "**** off and **** you *****ers" (:P again).

OK try again:

Worst Thing: I prefer the rear door without the spare wheel, but nowhere to nicely stow out of the way something like a space saver spare is not good. A split tailgate might be more practical than the full door.

Best Thing: It will pull like a train when asked and is sure footed in bad weather, but considering its size and transmission type, fuel consumption ain't bad.

Worst: Side opening rear door meaning that if someone parks close to you, you can't get it open and you need a detachable towbar.

Underpowered on long motorway inclines -if you put your foot down and watch the mpg indicator ......

Mate Why detachable towbar ???

Kev, the sollution for cleaning Rav4 roof for all you short rrr'ses, well the one that worked for me anyway -

Fit roof rails, stand at the rear wheel, grab the roof rail with one hand, put a foot on top of the rear tyre and haul yourself up putting both feet on rear tyre.

This will allow you access to clean 80% of roof with a little bit of stretching (doing it from both sides obviously) The area at the windscreen end can then

be done with feet back on ground.

Mate Why detachable towbar ???

For the mark 2 with tyres of a certain size, you either have a fixed towbar which is too low for anything other than a bike carrier or a small trailer, or a detachable. Believe me this was throughly resreached with lots of tow bar vendors. Never again will I have a car that needs a detachable because once in place you can open the door about 3 inches. Next time I'm having a rear tailgate that opens upwards.

Kev, the sollution for cleaning Rav4 roof for all you short rrr'ses, well the one that worked for me anyway -

Fit roof rails, stand at the rear wheel, grab the roof rail with one hand, put a foot on top of the rear tyre and haul yourself up putting both feet on rear tyre.

This will allow you access to clean 80% of roof with a little bit of stretching (doing it from both sides obviously) The area at the windscreen end can then

be done with feet back on ground.

Already been down the shcm way of the wee Woolworth's steppy stool thing, Dave....ye do feel a dod daft, but them rails are expensive and NOISY bloomin' things. Now got the "contract" to wash neighbour across road's Porsche Cayenne "S" McBeastie now two weeks old......and ah thought the Rav was quite big....?

Big Kev :eek:

Now got the "contract" to wash neighbour across road's Porsche Cayenne "S" McBeastie now two weeks old......and ah thought the Rav was quite big....?

Big Kev :eek:

Why can't the neighbour wash his own porch? :unsure:

Big Kev & Wee Charlie - I know that this is off topic but just exactly how tall/short are you? eek.gif

I am by no means the tallest man in the world and at 5ft 4 I managed to clean the roof of our X-Trail for 2.5 years with no side steps - just open the doors and stand on the sills doing the roof 1st.

On the RAV, same situation until I got the side steps fitted at Kingo's place and now I just stand on those & no need to open the doors although I cannot reach the rear of the roof around the ariel by just standing on the side steps/runners. This is why when washing the RAV, as above, I start with the roof and have the rear door open so you can actually stand up in the boot which makes cleaning the roof a doddle yahoo.gif

Best things about the RAV: I love the looks, the motor - especially the chipped version, the all round drive, I actually really like the way the rear door opens and as shcm says great people & knowledge on this forum thumbsup.gif

Worst things about the RAV: The RFT, I have had a puncture, bought a spare wheel which I carry on long journeys but typically carry it behind the drivers seat when I have our dogs in the boot. It is a PITA as when visiting my parents or the outlaws I end up moving the spare from the rear of the car to the boot & back again when we go out & about.

The RAV looks better without the spare wheel on the rear door but a space saver in the floor of the boot would be ideal and a good compromise.

Now got the "contract" to wash neighbour across road's Porsche Cayenne "S" McBeastie now two weeks old......and ah thought the Rav was quite big....?

Why can't the neighbour wash his own porch? :unsure:

I thought it might be a contract not to be "sneezed at", but I'm not sure it quite works like that :unsure:

Big Kev & Wee Charlie - I know that this is off topic but just exactly how tall/short are you? eek.gif

I am by no means the tallest man in the world and at 5ft 4 I managed to clean the roof of our X-Trail for 2.5 years with no side steps - just open the doors and stand on the sills doing the roof 1st.

On the RAV, same situation until I got the side steps fitted at Kingo's place and now I just stand on those & no need to open the doors although I cannot reach the rear of the roof around the ariel by just standing on the side steps/runners. This is why when washing the RAV, as above, I start with the roof and have the rear door open so you can actually stand up in the boot which makes cleaning the roof a doddle yahoo.gif

Best things about the RAV: I love the looks, the motor - especially the chipped version, the all round drive, I actually really like the way the rear door opens and as shcm says great people & knowledge on this forum thumbsup.gif

Worst things about the RAV: The RFT, I have had a puncture, bought a spare wheel which I carry on long journeys but typically carry it behind the drivers seat when I have our dogs in the boot. It is a PITA as when visiting my parents or the outlaws I end up moving the spare from the rear of the car to the boot & back again when we go out & about.

The RAV looks better without the spare wheel on the rear door but a space saver in the floor of the boot would be ideal and a good compromise.

Big Kev is a Giant of a Man !! 6.4 at least !! Me... Im only Wee ....

Wee Charlie.

Wee Charlie.

tongue.gif

Wee Charlie.

What a shot of light, BM.....CHARLIE IS ABOUT 6 FOOT 12, more tatoos than Edinburgh Castle, and built like a well constructed toilet.(A brick outhouse...) I am 5 foot 8, and at 17.5 stone minus ma gallbladder last Thursday, ah will not even attempt to stand on my side steps !!!! As for standing in the boot, I would need the Wooleez steps to get up there to scratch the back bumper anyways....???

Checky Chubber Kev :yahoo:

I should explain ......... Up here in Scotlandshire a Bloke is either or usually addressed by His size.. IE Wee Bluemonster or Big Kev..

All the Guys down the Gym and at Our Martial arts club at which I am an Instructor call Me Wee Charlie ..... So Im confusedtimificaton ... Cor blimey I'm starting to talk like them !!...................... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have been called Wee man on many occasions during the 3 years that I lived in Scotlandshire which is a fair comment laugh.gif

I have been called Wee man on many occasions during the 3 years that I lived in Scotlandshire which is a fair comment laugh.gif

What part of Scotlandshire do You stay ( Did You see that Kev ? I said Stay not live ) I stay in Burntisland.. And which part of Englandshire do You originate from ??...

Wee Charlie.

I should explain ......... Up here in Scotlandshire a Bloke is either or usually addressed by His size.. IE Wee Bluemonster or Big Kev..

All the Guys down the Gym and at Our Martial arts club at which I am an Instructor call Me Wee Charlie ..... So Im confusedtimificaton ... Cor blimey I'm starting to talk like them !!...................... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

....FORGOT TO MENTION THAT BIT.... HE ALSO HAS A SNAKE BELT IN KARAOKE....

:lol:

What part of Scotlandshire do You stay ( Did You see that Kev ? I said Stay not live ) I stay in Burntisland.. And which part of Englandshire do You originate from ??...

Wee Charlie.

I spent 18 months on the Outer Hebridies, living on Benbecula and 18 months living in Troon and frequented many boozers in Glasgie many times as well as exploring the local area - Ayr, Kilmarnock, etc.. Also, did a Billy Connolly style world tour of Scotland in 2009 where we trecked pretty much right around the coast starting in Glasgie and ending up in Edinburgh so have seen a fair bit of the land with the sideways rain biggrin.gif

Bests: good looks, snow capabilities, non RFTs(!) good power with decent economy.

Worsts: need I answer that?? Ok then... Puddleability (new word)

Bests: good looks, snow capabilities, non RFTs(!) good power with decent economy.

Worsts: need I answer that?? Ok then... Puddleability (new word)

Puddlification, actually.....

Teacher Kev :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links