Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Few Questions About The 4.3

nickyboy

Is there a metal plate in the engine bay with chassis code, paint code etc? Can't find it.

Where is the throtte body so i can rev the engine from the engine bay?

I need to do the above as I think i have a worn engine/ gearbox mount (big thud when stalling etc?

Thanks as usual

Code plate i believe is by the front passenger door..

Good question about the throttle. i never did find where it was situated in my car!

Good question about the throttle. i never did find where it was situated in my car!

Fly by Wire ?????

Wee Charlie.

Fly by Wire ?????

Wee Charlie.

Ha. Its more the location of the throttle in the engine bay so you can mess with the throttle when looking under the bonnet!!

Fly by Wire ?????

Wee Charlie.

Ha. Its more the location of the throttle in the engine bay so you can mess with the throttle when looking under the bonnet!!

If its Fly by Wire as a lot of vehicles are now It may be housed in,, If this is the case the OP would just need to get a Mate to blip the throttle to see if it helps Him spot the problem ??

Fly by Wire ?????

Wee Charlie.

If its Fly by Wire as a lot of vehicles are now It may be housed in,, If this is the case the OP would just need to get a Mate to blip the throttle to see if it helps Him spot the problem ??

Aaaaaaahhhh! Man am I simple!!!

Quite right Charlie - fly by wire.

Now about that clunk. Because the engine has such a high output it will make a horrible clunk when it stalls. AS higher grade diesel has less chance of contributing to detonation, it isn't so harsh if stalled and reduces the risk of doing so.

As webbers says, the paint code is on the chassis plate inside the bottom of the passenger side door frame.

It's not just when stalling, if you release the clutch pedal quickly when moving off, the thud from the engine bay is quite loud.

It's not just when stalling, if you release the clutch pedal quickly when moving off, the thud from the engine bay is quite loud.

Loose or worn engine mounting...? Or heaven forbid....a knackered DMF, VERY UNUSUAL ON A 4.3 BUT NOT UNHEARD OF...?

Wild guesses...you need an hour's diagnostification, mate, at a trusted Mr.T.

bIG kEV :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links