Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello All

chatman

Hello fellas, not been on here for a while :huh: :huh: my other love has been taking up my time, much to say I now have two mountain bikes now (a hard tail and a full suspension), and still not a Brooks Saddle on either of them :lol:

The RAV just had it's MOT on Thursday and passed no problems :toast: it's now nudging past 146k and still starts first thing and runs all day... use it every day for work and at weekends ferrying my bikes to races.....

Sept 1st it will be 10 Years old :toot: :toot:

post-22297-0-16261100-1312659455_thumb.j

Chatters....backwardly welcome...!!!

Was it not you that I joined in procuring a chrome tailpipe trim for the exhaust tip? How did yours go...? Same as mine....busted to ruggery, as they say in Spoonerised Land...?

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Chatters.

I need to talk to you about this bike thing. If you keep riding them you are going to get fit instead of getting old, fat and dangerously unhealthy like the rest of us and then you are going to feel left out. I can see my bike in the garage rafters but have long since blocked it in with all sorts of clutter. Its a bit posher than yours as its a lime green and pink Townsend (circa 1980 - the one on from the 3 speed sturmey archer gearbox and has all them lever things to help you drop on the cross bar just frequently enough to not trust it) and made out of proper iron for extra momentum and stability. The main thing is to own a bike but not actually ride it so you can get on with the aging process and give your heart the rest it deserves.

However, nice to see the RAV is doing well.

Good to hear from you buddy!

Welcome back my friend, I was only thinking the other day "it,s a long time since Chatman was on TOC" nice to see your keeping active!!!!!

That Rav of yours is still a good looker

Regards Clare :thumbsup:

Chatters.

I need to talk to you about this bike thing. If you keep riding them you are going to get fit instead of getting old, fat and dangerously unhealthy like the rest of us and then you are going to feel left out. I can see my bike in the garage rafters but have long since blocked it in with all sorts of clutter. Its a bit posher than yours as its a lime green and pink Townsend (circa 1980 - the one on from the 3 speed sturmey archer gearbox and has all them lever things to help you drop on the cross bar just frequently enough to not trust it) and made out of proper iron for extra momentum and stability. The main thing is to own a bike but not actually ride it so you can get on with the aging process and give your heart the rest it deserves.

However, nice to see the RAV is doing well.

Good to hear from you buddy!

Sturmey Archer 3 speed ??? Whatever is that :drool: :drool:

Heyup Chatters,

Good to see you posting.

Always a treat to see an honest hardworking RAV like yours.

This biking malarkey is far to dangerous though (and probably keeping you off TOC). Maybe consider taking up something like BASE jumping as a safer alternative.

If you keep riding them you are going to get fit instead of getting old, fat and dangerously unhealthy like the rest of us

Ah, the great smell of bitumen as Anchs slaps us all across the face with an extra wide brush full ;) :D :rolleyes:

Hello fellas, not been on here for a while :huh: :huh:

Sorry Chatters, I hadn't noticed you missing :unsure: But welcome back anyway :shutit: Stew

 thanks for the welcome back.. Unfortunately I will still keep biking, hey I'm even beating riders half my age.. Another race on Sunday morning... Nice track and again good finish.. Out of the seven mates who start before me I passed 5 of them in the time we had 

Sorry Anchs but the bike is made of a different metal they used for yours, mine probably weighs as much as your back wheel 

Yep the Rav is good and only neede the front pads and disks doing before the mot. Got the first set done at 51k and this lot at 146k, !Removed! brilliant I say 

Still can't fault it, only a small graze from a stupid tractor diver, bub that's q different story and the ins men are on the case 

Yep I also have the rear chrome tail pipe and it's still looking lik new, giv it a wipe after each clean with wd40 seems to keep the shine and rust away... Saves my bike wheels getting soot in the gears...

Hey also Anchs the new bike has 30 speed gearing... Bit more than yours..and also has air adjustable shocks front and back... Gotta keep the spine in one piece now I'm knocking on a bit 

Seems like some of you are to young to remember the famous ubiquitous sturmey archer.

A novel piece of engineering of its time

I believe that there is still someone working at the sadly diminished company of Raleigh who used to be in the SA shop when they owned that brand.

Also I wish I had a bob for ever bike still in use with that gearing!

Back on topic,nice to see you back Mr Chatman :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Del

Seems like some of you are to young to remember the famous ubiquitous sturmey archer.

A novel piece of engineering of its time

I believe that there is still someone working at the sadly diminished company of Raleigh who used to be in the SA shop when they owned that brand.

Also I wish I had a bob for ever bike still in use with that gearing!

Back on topic,nice to see you back Mr Chatman :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Del

The wifes bike, 3 speed sturmey archer, brooks saddle, rod brakes :yes: NOW THATS A PROPER BIKE :toast: Stew

chrisbike057.jpg

Aye and if you could ride upt cobbled street without gettin and pushin tha' wot made a summat. 30 gears- pah.

The word "Hovis" springs to mind!!!!!

:yahoo:

Dus ter mean ovis,lass?

Them wer't days, as like,and non o thee fancy spreads on't bread!

Doorstoppers wer a gud sanwich,not a wedge shaped thingibob :yahoo:

Del

:yahoo:

Dus ter mean ovis,lass?

Them wer't days, as like,and non o thee fancy spreads on't bread!

Doorstoppers wer a gud sanwich,not a wedge shaped thingibob :yahoo:

Del

Yorkshire man suffering from haemeroids goes into local chemists and asks if they have any arse cream, owner says "aye lad does tha want a cornetto or a mivvi"

same bloke goes into shop asking for turps, owner says "does tha want cassette turps or video turps?"

Yorkshire man done good goes into jewellers and asks can you mek a gold statue O me dog! jeweller says "does tha want it eighteen karat, Nay says the customer, chewin a bone would be better :shutit: Stew

The wifes bike, 3 speed sturmey archer, brooks saddle, rod brakes :yes: NOW THATS A PROPER BIKE :toast: Stew

chrisbike057.jpg

If I took this down some of the courses I do, I would not be able to walk or talk coherently for years :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Hence the term "Boneshaker".

Regards Clare

Hi Chatman......

If i remember rightly my old Raleigh Grifter had 3 sturmey archer gears with handgrip twists to change gear,....aaaa they were the days.

When i were a lad...(still havn't grown up yet :lol: :lol: )

My rav's just nudged 102'000 miles ( still a pup by your's miles),with SCV'S done earlier in the year.

Another bike....looks superb.....i was considering doing that cycle to work thing ,but i live 10 miles from work..with a 7.30 am start,then a 9 hr day on my feet,then the same 10 miles home again :unsure: ...thats too much.

A nice pleasurable drive to work in the Rav4 is much more civilised :lol:

Glad to hear all is well

Now here's a PROPER bike, same as one I had in the seventies, Team Raleigh Europa thumbsup.gif

My link

I would not be able to walk or talk coherently for years :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

So No change there then Chatters :lol: Stew

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links