Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Is In ...........

CharlieFarlie

Well the car went in today to get the new engine fitted.. I decided to get the clutch changed even though it felt absolutely fine !!

It just seems a missed opportunity while the engine is out and the labour is free. I don't suppose for a minute that I will recoup the cost of the parts (£280)

Charlie.

Not wishing to sound a prat, but is it Kuga time already?

Regards Clare

PS mean,t in the best possible taste!!!!!!

Regards Clare

Its either that or a Range Rover Evoque................

Wot? This one? :rolleyes: Good MPG I suppose

Mike D

Regards Clare

WHAT :angry: :angry: they are rubbish in anything but dry weather.. Couple of colleagues here have them but only 2wd, one has MASSIVE 19" wheels fitted and is useless in the snow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I carry my tow rope in winter to help pull them out of the works carpark :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Excellent post Chatman. I cannot for the life in me understand why people buy a "4x4" looking car ( QQ, Juke, Kuga,even Rav4) that are 2wd and expect them to be good in snow. They obviously go for the bigger stance and 4x4 look but at the end of the day, they are an absolute waste of space.

My Toyota dealer on island has a 2010 Rav 4 XTR 2wd never been ouy of showroom and he cannot sell it for love nor money,beautiful Rav but a complete waste of money, plus the fact that it ( from what I am led to believe) does no more MPG than the AWD version.

Sorry about the rant but some things I just can,t understand the logic behind!!!!!

Regards Clare

Picked the car up from the dealers this afternoon .. They did an outstanding job and fitted a new clutch at the same time with only the bill for parts falling to Me.. They even did a very good discount on those parts !! Car is much quieter than before and runs just as You would expect.. I've only driven it through heavy traffic so in honesty cant say whether or not pulls any harder or not !!. Water pump EGR and I think the injectors have also been changed as they look brand new.... So a very big Thank You to Westlands Toyota Worcester for Doing a great job being totally professional throughout and for lending Me a car as well ....

Toyota and Westlands Worcester have offered a standard that I have never seen in 32 Years in business and 37 Years as a driver.....

Then keep it Charlie!!!

Don for the next six weeks I cant be changing cars anyway as Im up and down from Scotlandshire ( Blimey that Big Kev has something to answer for I keep saying Scotlandshire without meaning too !!) To the Midlands so cant do anything till things settle down ....

What I will say is that it will be with reluctance I give up the superb back up that seems to come with Toyota ownership...

Wee Charlie.

Then keep it Charlie!!!

Quite! :yes:

So then Charlie - Ford, yeah OK the parts are relatively cheap (or at least they used to be), so fair enough......but mention Land Rover? Have you seen the latest expected faults per vehicle chart? Or any one of them for that matter? Think about LR long and hard, would be my advice :yes:

Im up and down from Scotlandshire.

Well, that should be more than enough to give an indication if it is a robust fix, I would think. :thumbsup:

Then keep it Charlie!!!

Quite! :yes:

So then Charlie - Ford, yeah OK the parts are relatively cheap (or at least they used to be), so fair enough......but mention Land Rover? Have you seen the latest expected faults per vehicle chart? Or any one of them for that matter? Think about LR long and hard, would be my advice :yes:

Im up and down from Scotlandshire.

Well, that should be more than enough to give an indication if it is a robust fix, I would think. :thumbsup:

Appreciate Your point but Jaguar Land Rover have come on in leaps and bounds over the last three Years ,, Its Easy to knock just about any make of car.. Some will swear by a brand . Others will hate them .......... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think Im going to find a HUGE pile of sand and bury Me head in it ........................

Like Ive said I cant even begin to think about a change of car at this time.. The super service given by Toyota and Westlands has gone a good way to bringing Me around !! We shall see ... My one problem is that My Wife is struggling with the manual transmission in the Rav.. The XF of course is an Auto but She will not drive it as She claims its to big... I think she knows I will moan like a gud un when She scuffs the 20 inch wheels ... I must admit I am tempted to buy Her a wee automatic of some description and just keep the Rav and the Jag.. Dont know honestly !! But I have a few weeks to decide.. I do like the Rav but I cant help the way I feel about the car.. I am just impossibly fussy when it comes to My cars .....

Wee Charlie.

You give mo no choice Charlie.....................

http://landroverhell.com/

Wonder when someone wil do a simuler site for toyota head gaskets/consumption (oil and fuel)

In local paper this morning jaguar land rover sales up up by 12% this year.sales to Russia and China up by 48%.

must be doing something right.

You give mo no choice Charlie.....................

http://landroverhell.com/

Wonder when someone wil do a simuler site for toyota head gaskets/consumption (oil and fuel)

In local paper this morning jaguar land rover sales up up by 12% this year.sales to Russia and China up by 48%.

must be doing something right.

You're on it ! ;)

Isn't that the point of that site, though? Toyota is replacing more-or-less whole engines; while LR doesn't want to know? :unsure:

BTW, I've nothing against LR, some of their products are very nice. No wonder they are selling well.

Guess I was one of the lucky ones. Prior to my Toyota days, I had a couple of Nedflanders which never broke down.The second one was a 2.5 V6 auto, greedy b^stard

but great to drive. And ....................... (ducks for cover) IMHO the current Nedflander is better looking than a 4.3 Rav, but then I always preferred the styling of my 4.2 over my 4.3.

Regards Clare

Review of the Evoque from a different viewpoint here: http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2011/08/11/128294/VIDEO-First-Drive-Land-Rover-Evoque.htm

Like Dave M, I too would still go for the Freelander as a vehicle of function rather than fashion but then I too am 4.2 fan in preference to the 4.3. Horses for courses, innit!

Mike D

Regards Clare

Review of the Evoque from a different viewpoint here: http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2011/08/11/128294/VIDEO-First-Drive-Land-Rover-Evoque.htm

Like Dave M, I too would still go for the Freelander as a vehicle of function rather than fashion but then I too am 4.2 fan in preference to the 4.3. Horses for courses, innit!

Mike D

Well yes function is a major part of the car.. But the primary function is a car that is comfortable. Offering good ride and economy plus in Our case it will definitely be an automatic...

Secondary function or functions ..... Well the ability to tow the Ski up a wet slipway... A certain amount of 4WD ability just in case We get another winter like the last two !!

I do not want or need a car that can climb mountains... I will not be towing anything weighing more than 3/4 of a ton at the most..

So the Evoque has it pretty much covered as it seems to be a class leader in the size of vehicle that it is....

Wee Charlie.

Having now covered a couple of hundred miles I can now say that the car now pulls like an absolute train !! It wasn't slow before not by any means but wow how different it is to the old engine ! Its just so quiet and smooth and pulls with ease just as if it wants to go !!

I at first thought the clutch (New) was not clearing the gears as well as before. And was going to ask the Dealer if there was any adjustment.. But somehow its settled down and now feels just fine !! I always assumed that a new clutch needed on running in or bedding in ??? Either way it feels spot on so all is well !!!

Wee Charlie.