Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner With A Couple Of Questions (Pics Inside)

Joylove

Hi everyone, I'm new to here and Toyotas but not new to forums and mods. I just picked up this MY2000 Rav4.2 2.0 in black with CD navigation. I hope you like it!

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

1) I took it for a run and found that it needs the ICV cleaning desperately, is there a good DIY guide for disassembly of the air intake, TB and ICV? I found this thread and this thread which has some pics of a 4.1 and a 4.2 engine. ICV is part 22270.

throttlebody.jpg

Thbody04Rav4.jpg

2) I searched, but found nothing on this; seems there is a significant flat spot in the engine say from 2500-4000RPM, acceleration seems zingy around these ranges with the rev counter zipping round the dial as I give it more fuel, but it is not zingy in that centre rev range. I'm wondering if the VVTi is sluggish at changing profile and needs cleaning or a cam new position sensor? Perhaps the Lambda sensor?

3) Is the Toyota diagnostic software available and what is it called? I have an OBD2 reader, but I'd like a more advanced diagnostic level.

4) Found out after buying that the car has TMS200 CD nav, is a swap to TMS310 plug and play (excluding the FM TMC antenna?)

5) The speaker on the drivers side seems significantly quieter (but not muted or missing bass when the ear is placed beside it) than the rest. The balance and fader are centred. Is this normal, or is it common to have a damaged driver or audio amplifier? If driver, what size can I fit to replace it?

Cheers :)

It may sound daft but try a set of plugs first. They should be Iridium which are expensive but if somebody has fitted ordinary copper core it will run rough.

I can let you have the entire engine manual if you pm me with your email address. The file is 7.5Mb so I can't pin it.

It may sound daft but try a set of plugs first. They should be iridium which are expensive but if somebody has fitted ordinary copper core it will run rough.

I can let you have the entire engine manual if you pm me with your email address. The file is 7.5Mb so I can't pin it.

PM Sent. I found this graph which does show a flattening or even a small reversal in the torque curve for the 1AZ engine between 2500-4000RPM.

I'll give it a full set of fluids, filters and plugs and give it a spanking to relearn the ECU. Would be nice to reset the engine adaptations using software..

1AZ-FE-torque.jpg

Anyone know about questions 3 - 5?

1azfe.pdf

Looks a very nice car !! Not many hinges though .............. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looks a very nice car !! Not many hinges though .............. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Quiet, Bothy will be along with comments like that (admittedly correct ones) about the number of hinges.

Quiet, Bothy will be along with comments like that (admittedly correct ones) about the number of hinges.

There was a time when I was sane tha knows.. Till I came upon this forum and started reading the postifications of the Big Fella and other residents of that Scotlandshire ....... Bark... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I've just had the bonnet up before it got dark and it seems

6) I think I have a small snorkel piece missing from behind the headlamp to route air into the airbox. I'll see if I can find a part number.

Not forgotten you. The computer with my files on is still bust. I'll have to get my pet computer man out :thumbsup:

Not forgotten you. The computer with my files on is still bust. I'll have to get my pet computer man out
Thanks, don't feel under pressure please though :)

Got the TB apart. Do you know a pleace I can order genuine parts online mail order? My nearest dealer is a fair drive. I need a gasket for the TB.

EDIT: And should I have a piece of trim above the pedals as a kickpanel? I think it's missing but can't find it on toyoDIY.com

Not forgotten you. The computer with my files on is still bust. I'll have to get my pet computer man out

Got the TB apart. Do you know a pleace I can order genuine parts online mail order? My nearest dealer is a fair drive. I need a gasket for the TB.

EDIT: And should I have a piece of trim above the pedals as a kickpanel? I think it's missing but can't find it on toyoDIY.com

The usual answer for parts is a gentleman who goes by the name of Parts King aka Kingo. :clap:

there is also a discount for members.

Some people on here says he is so good that the parts are in the post before you order them. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Del

The usual answer for parts is a gentleman who goes by the name of Parts King aka Kingo. :clap:

there is also a discount for members.

Some people on here says he is so good that the parts are in the post before you order them. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Del

Slight exaggeration there, Del....no....not "THE PARTS ARE THERE BEFORE YOU ORDER THEM".....the "GENTLEMAN" bit...????

:yahoo:

Sigh. :bangin::blow:

Once again I must thank the most illustrious fountain of knowledge for extending my edificationmenting.I'll get to page 2 yet!!

Cheers O Mighty Teacher Kev.DCM.DCF. TOILET ROLL AND BAR. :lol:(just cleaned teeth,so, :D :D)

Apple on its way :P :D

Del

No panel over your feet. Thats normal :thumbsup:

Thanks mate :yes:

Hmmm hinges.... My favourite...