Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking Ahead?

Paulus17

After reading some of the posts on here it seems that quite a few owners go to the main dealer for repairs etc??

Is there a reason for this or can any ordinary garage do repairs on the RAVS??

I do all my own servicing and maintenence. it's not to bad as long as you take your time. Massively cheaper than main dealers. You don't need to use the main dealer. I think the law has changed as well making it easier to get parts previousely only availble through the main dealer.

Whilst an Independent Garage will be cheaper than a Toyota Main Dealer the Dealer will know these cars inside out ! They will also be aware of any service bulletins and of any recall work or software updates that the car may need..

Depending on the age of Your car a Dealer history can be an asset if and when the time to trade in or sell comes around..

Sometimes a Dealer service can actually be cheaper than an Independent ....

Ask for a price for whatever needs doing as The Dealer will often negotiate in order to retain Your business ..

I am reasonably confident with the spanners but and used to do all the servicing on the Wife's 2004 Ford Focus. But the Rav is a fairly complex vehicle in many areas so I will take Our one to the Toyota Dealers and strike up a decent deal ... HTH

Wee Charlie.

Thanks Charlie :D

There is that to think about.

I think we have only ever been to a main dealer a couple of times,both Vauxhall and we weren't that impressed.

a Toyota Main Dealer the Dealer will know these cars inside out ! They will also be aware of any service bulletins and of any recall work or software updates that the car may need..

Don't count on that. It depends on the Main Dealer you happen to go to............

Some are excellent :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links