• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • First Name:Lorna
  • Gender*:Female
  • Toyota Model: Yaris TR
  • Year: 2012

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

You could try those PIAA silicone wipers next :D

I don't think so Cyker. I only use the wipers from Toyota, no aftermarket ones for my car ;)

#13 ~Jai~

~Jai~

• Registered Member
  • 16 posts
  • First Name:Jamie
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Auris
  • Year: 2010

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

IMO Rain X is a very poor product and I would never use it again. The stuff just doesn't last long enough on the screen.

If you're after a product that does a far superior job, I can't recommend GTechniq G1 highly enough! This stuff is fantastic and one application can last anything between 9-12 months.

#14 Gary Maxreflect

Gary Maxreflect

AUTHORISED TRADER

• Authorised Trader
  • 17 posts
  • First Name:gary
  • Toyota Model: mr2
  • Year: 1996

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hi all, an old trick believe it or not is newspaper print to clean the screen, that may get the Rain X off. something that works in a similar way is Autoglym Car Glass Polish, it doesnt leave a residue but gets the glass so clean the water beads and washes straight off at about 50mph. Or if you want to try a different product try Arexons Rain Off click here.

And i'm not joking about old newspaper, it works :)

#15 Ricey155

Ricey155

• Registered Member
  • 13 posts
  • Toyota Model: Hilux Surf 1991

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

Never had any issues with rain x myself and it seems to work nicely double application normally last a month or so

work it in hard after its dried your good to go

#16 GiJoe90

GiJoe90

Guru Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Toyota Model: MR2 MkII GT T-Bar Turbo Rev 3 - RIP Mo-Fo

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

Rain X is fantastic stuff, I've used it for many years with no problems. You shouldn't really have to use wipers in heavy rain if you're travelling 60+mph.

Best way to buff it off with some paper towels to get it to work as it should.

Give your wiper blades a wipe with the cloth you use to apply the Rain X and you won't have any trouble with judder, unless the wipers need replacing. :thumbsup:

#17 teamSPB

teamSPB

• Registered Member
  • 4 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Previa/Focus RS

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:36 AM

Another vote for Rain-x here...my last application was around 4-5months ago and the water is still beading nicely to this day!

I have heard of mixed reviews where it doesnt last long...mine seems to last a good while every application as do friends who I know that use it...

G-techniq is BRILLIANT also...but for the money...its questional for the average Joe...

My process of cleaning the glass is; Normal household glass cleaner (some blue stuff in unbranded bottles...this is only if I have time), Megs Glass cleaner spray, Rain-x and then Autoglym glass polish....the last wiper change on the car was about 2 years ago...maybe 3 years back!!

teamSPB

#18 Gaff

Gaff

• Registered Member
  • 12 posts
  • Toyota Model: Previa

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

I bought something called AquaPel. 1 application lasted roughly 6 months. Bought a 4 pack from Costco for £18. Good reviews. Fantastic when it's pouring it down. I suppose this is 3 times the price, but should last 2 years with the 4 applicators. Just an alternative.

#19 fastbob72

fastbob72

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Toyota Model: Avensis 5dr vermont 1.8 vvti
  • Year: 2002

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

I used to use Rain-X all the time but I've not seen it for sale in ages.

It wasn't spray on I used to use but came in a bottle.

I'd make sure the windscreen was cleaned and spotless first before applying it.I'd pour a generous amount on a cloth and rub it in well then buff it off thoroughly with a microfibre cloth.

Then I'd apply a second coat.

At town speeds heavy rain would bead and run off though I'd prob use intermitant wipe to help clear it but at 60 + mph the rain ran off instantly and I never need wipers.

In fact,at those speeds my wipers would drag n squeal as the glass was pretty dry,like I said by 60 mph I never needed wipers.

It lasted several months,it just depends on how much you drive,in what conditions,how often you washed the car etc.

I thought Rain-X was well worth the cost and time to apply it properly :)

#20 fastbob72

fastbob72

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Toyota Model: Avensis 5dr vermont 1.8 vvti
  • Year: 2002

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

I used to use Rain-X all the time but I've not seen it for sale in ages.

It wasn't spray on I used to use but came in a bottle.

I'd make sure the windscreen was cleaned and spotless first before applying it.I'd pour a generous amount on a cloth and rub it in well then buff it off thoroughly with a microfibre cloth.

Then I'd apply a second coat.

At town speeds heavy rain would bead and run off though I'd prob use intermitant wipe to help clear it but at 60 + mph the rain ran off instantly and I never need wipers.

In fact,at those speeds my wipers would drag n squeal as the glass was pretty dry,like I said by 60 mph I never needed wipers.

It lasted several months,it just depends on how much you drive,in what conditions,how often you washed the car etc.

I thought Rain-X was well worth the cost and time to apply it properly :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users