Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox Out

pal1

Hi

Anyone done their DMF themselves ? My 03 D4D is slipping a bit but only from cold, clutch is smooth and no noise, so I suspect the drive plate. This was changed 2 years ago along with the DMF, but garage won't help as they tell me its out of guarantee, they also say it might be a leaking oil seal that has got onto the clutch but obviously won't know till the box is out. I suppose they could be right there.

Can I do this on my drive ?

mike

Hi

Anyone done their DMF themselves ? My 03 D4D is slipping a bit but only from cold, clutch is smooth and no noise, so I suspect the drive plate. This was changed 2 years ago along with the DMF, but garage won't help as they tell me its out of guarantee, they also say it might be a leaking oil seal that has got onto the clutch but obviously won't know till the box is out. I suppose they could be right there.

mike

A member [the name of whom I've forgotten] has done just that so it can be done. It's a tricky job without a pit and parts are very heavy..........

Hi

mike

i helped indie friend change dmf/fairly diff job?lot of stripping down and heavy.i replace with solid conversion and is 1st class .good luck with job .BRIAN

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links