Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Rav Is Which?

Paulus17

I know there as been plenty said about this recently,but been a newbie to this model i am confused,doesn't take much to be honest :D

Reason for this post is that my sister in law as seen and been in our Rav and she likes it that much that she wants to get one now,she as alrady been to look at a couple.

I was trying to explain to her about the RFTs and she asked which models these were on to which i wasn't really sure.

Are they fitted on all the later models after 2004-5,are they summat to avoid if possible due to the expense after a puncture etc??

Edit-: forgot to say that she will be after a later model than our 2002.

I know there as been plenty said about this recently,but been a newbie to this model i am confused,doesn't take much to be honest :D

Reason for this post is that my sister in law as seen and been in our Rav and she likes it that much that she wants to get one now,she as alrady been to look at a couple.

I was trying to explain to her about the RFTs and she asked which models these were on to which i wasn't really sure.

Are they fitted on all the later models after 2004-5,are they summat to avoid if possible due to the expense after a puncture etc??

Edit-: forgot to say that she will be after a later model than our 2002.

As far as I am aware Paul, the runflat system was only fitted to T180 and SR180 4.3 model RAVs from 2006 up to the facelift in 2009. They have since been dropped completely on subsequent revisions of the RAV.

Deffinitely not on 4.2 models pre 2006. As to avoiding them, it depends on what she wants - if she thinks there is a high probability that she may need to drive 40 miles on a flat tyre at some point then they would be useful. Replacement/repair seems to be expensive and fraught with well documented potential problems.

As far as I'm aware the RFTs are all 18 inch wheels so that should give You a guide ??

Wee Charlie.

Thanks Davrav,Clare, and Charlie :thumbsup:

I think you'll also find that fun-flats have an RFT logo with entwined circles stamped on the sidewall of the tyre itself.

I think you'll also find that fun-flats have an RFT logo with entwined circles stamped on the sidewall of the tyre itself.

Yup, looks like this:

LOGO

Thanks Jim and Davrav,i will pass all the info on :thumbsup:

She might decide to go with the RFTs if she feels it's worthwhile??

That cant be correct as our 2008 xtr hs the fancy compresser, repair kit stuff in the boot. It doesnt have run flats fitted (bought it earlier this year that way) but according to the manual its supposed to.

You have the repair kit, and 17" tyres as I do on the XTR, so no RFT, you wouldn't have the repair kit if you had RFT's. the RFT's are only fitted to the T/SR 180's. the manual is general across the range.

Gus

Sorry Redross, just reread my post, it sounds gobbledy !Removed! :crybaby:

but hopefully you understood it's meaning :wacko:

Gus

Yeah i understood it cheers. Was wondering why it didnt have run flats - just thought the previous owner was a cheapskate or something. :lol:

Ive had a few experiences with BMW run flats (BMW 330) whereby the alarm would go off either due to some kind of malfunction, or simply if the tyre pressue had reduced slightly. A right pain in the @ss. ps this wasnt just the one 330, but a few.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links