Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quiet Ennit ?

CharlieFarlie

I had a messy run-in with Toyota recently (really bad customer relations from Miguel & his minions)

But at the end of the day I had to look at all the upsides with our various Toyotas over the years and concluded that I couldn't blame the whole company for the actions of one moron (even if he is UK MD).

Miguel is history firemac, gone to Toyota Europe, :rolleyes: the man in charge for the last 18 months or so is Jon Williams

Kingo :thumbsup:

I had a messy run-in with Toyota recently (really bad customer relations from Miguel & his minions)

But at the end of the day I had to look at all the upsides with our various Toyotas over the years and concluded that I couldn't blame the whole company for the actions of one moron (even if he is UK MD).

Miguel is history firemac, gone to Toyota Europe, :rolleyes: the man in charge for the last 18 months or so is Jon Williams

....and he sits in a big office playing his guitar.... :lol:

I was out and about today, went and looked at the new VW Tiguan (skinny spare in the boot) with an option of a panoramic sunroof (just for Wee Charlie), then went next door and looked at the Hyundai IX35 full alloy spare in the boot with again an option of a panoramic sunroof.

Gus

Well Cmon Gus tell Us more ???? I'm reasonably sure I'm going to go for an Evoque in about a Years time. At the moment they are only available if the Buyer is prepared to pay a premium of around 4K and I can assure You I aint !!

Tell You what is now a very good looking car with 4WD ability and a very reasonable price tag with reasonable looks ... Kia Sportage ....

But I really do now like My Rav again !! I thought it was good before but since getting the engine changed the car is just faster quieter more responsive and better on fuel !! I did the trip from the Midlands back up to Scotland on £53 of diesel the trip of 360 miles usually takes just over 60 quid !! I always brim the car and fill up at the Shell garage right next to the Forth Bridge...

I had the clutch changed along with the engine and the bite point is very much lower than before which has emensly pleased and helped My wife who is disabled with changing gear and using the clutch..

One other small point. When We got the car back I was finding the selecting of gears just that bit more difficult ( Something the Rav is renown for especially first to second gear ) So I PMd Anchorman Who gave Me a few tips on what to mention when taking the car back to the dealers..... Back it went and after half a hours twiddling and adjustment the car now changes gear like never before !!!! Even first to second when cold is a revelation !! Honest I would never have believed it !

So thanks to Don (Anchorman) And Westlands Toyota Worcester for a fantastic job !!!

Wee Charlie.

Wee Charlie.

The IX35 looked well thought out and was impressive but as the wife said the metalwork felt thin and that it would show any ding from car doors, I prefered the New Tiguan - the dealer only got the new version Friday, I would agree with Clare's comment very golf like inside, but that seems to be standard across the entire range now. My descision at the mo looks like it will be between the Mitsubishi and the Toyota, I like the Outlander and ASX, but will try and hang on until the new Rav is revealed in 2013 before I make my mind up.

I dont like to be hasty in making my mind up :-)

Gus

cute pup

Yeah, cute Stew (Bobby, not you!), very cute. :yes::thumbsup:

Drive (and possibly steering) to each corner. Wonder how he will handle in snow? :unsure: Emission levels?? ;).

He handles pretty well, good on cornering, expensive on fuel though, so far he has destroyed 2 plants, 3 lumps of coal, (coal effect fire) wifes slippers, table leg and numerous other items, training is going well, he goes in the garden for a Poo! then runs back into the kitchen for a pee! :unsure: Thanks for all comments and he really is a treasure although very very mischievious.. :thumbsup: Stew...OH! and in the 2 wks i have had him nubile young ladies keep pointing at me and saying "isn't HE gorgeous" does wonders for my EGO :yes:

In general all forums in TOC are rather quiet.... I am of the opinion that the mood is somewhat low and the membership feel TOC is not quite so worthy of their time :huh:

Y Fronts, Steve :thumbsup: ....still one of the better and best sources of info on wurr cars I have ever experienced....I would still be running about pricing runflat tyres if it wasn't for t'forum. Not long now and I can write a goodbye letter to Bridgestone, to which I am sure they will reply...oh look...a flying pig...!!!

Big NRFT Kev

Kev, I have a feeling I might regret this but, what's your beef with Bridgestone? I've had Duellers om both our RAV's and run various versions of the BT series on my Fireblade for years & they've been great.

I notice from your own list of Ravs,Jim,that you do not mention you have had any exposure to the Bridgestone Runflat System....? Nuff said...? Utterly superb tyres, quiet, great wearing....but in my honest opinion, they entered into a really dodgy arrangement with Toyota to HTP....Hump The Public. On the face of it, a totally superb, safe way of getting one/keeping one mobile, but the price fixing for repairs, replacements, and relevant machinery already well covered before methinks.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

That's right, Kev. My only experience to RFT's was GoodYears on my BMW and they were fine. But I appreciate that BS used a different approach to RFT's to the one adopted by GY. For what it's worth, I had a messy run-in with Toyota recently (really bad customer relations from Miguel & his minions)and very nearly scratched them completely from any future purchase decisions. But at the end of the day I had to look at all the upsides with our various Toyotas over the years and concluded that I couldn't blame the whole company for the actions of one moron (even if he is UK MD).

Gosh

he must do waitering at our local Italian Restaurant !

Just a quicky, if you think think this Section is quite ( livened up a lot since this post) you want to go no to the Urban cruiser section. Either everybody who has one is well pleased or nobody has any problems with them ( have I just opened the flood gates)

It,s nice to have a TOC section all to yourself!!!!!!

Regards Clare (the unoffical Urban cruiser Guru-I think not)

Last entry on the Kia Soul Forum was 28th!

Congrats on the new peggy webbers

You been spending your time on the M&S site again :rolleyes:

Since March!

Aye well its on probation and one bad experience in winter will see another Toyota. Maybe a RAV but probably an Urban Cruiser.

We'll see!

At last do I detect a fondness for a great little AWD Toyota. Just imagine 3foot of snow on the Derbyshire Peaks and one is trapped with no AWD to get one to work!!!!!!

You know it makes sense

Regards Clare

Clare,

How does your UC cope with uneven roads and potholes (I know, you don't have any on the IOM! :D)?

I suspect the one (UC not a pothole) I tried a couple of years back had the tyres up to silly pressures and I wish I'd checked at the time. It seemed to feel every bump in the road and I'm just wondering whether this is the norm? I'm sure it isn't? :unsure:

Anyway, there aren't that many UCs about (at least I don't see too many) and I guess only a small percentage of those owners will come looking for a forum. So the section is bound to be a little bit quiet. Still, it does make you an elite bunch :yes::thumbsup:

Oh dear, "Bunch" doesn't sound good. :no: So, what do you call a group of RAV or UC owners? :unsure:

Clare,

How does your UC cope with uneven roads and potholes (I know, you don't have any on the IOM! :D)?

I suspect the one (UC not a pothole) I tried a couple of years back had the tyres up to silly pressures and I wish I'd checked at the time. It seemed to feel every bump in the road and I'm just wondering whether this is the norm? I'm sure it isn't? :unsure:

Anyway, there aren't that many UCs about (at least I don't see too many) and I guess only a small percentage of those owners will come looking for a forum. So the section is bound to be a little bit quiet. Still, it does make you an elite bunch :yes::thumbsup:

Oh dear, "Bunch" doesn't sound good. :no: So, what do you call a group of RAV or UC owners? :unsure:

"So, what do you call a group of RAV or UC owners?" A ravvle perhaps....?

Ucers is sooo not right, and 2 wheel drive models could be little Ucers :D: :D: :D:

Shcm, I test drove the petrol version, (U/C) when it first came out,as it was the only version available over here.I hated it, not a good motor ( or was it me who had a bias towards the diesel version). My Dad got his from the UK and the first time I drove it I fell in love with it. The torque on it for a 1.4 ltr engine is superb,and it copes with potholes very well (try driving a Cooper S with runflats over potholes). As I have not had it thru a Winter yet I reserve judgement on how it copes in snow ( must admit my Dads did very well last Winter in the bit of snow we got over here).

Regards Clare

Could we be a group of iST,s ( Japanese version)