Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

X5

pal1

Hi all

Ok, if your bored how about helping me out with a decision. Just done the head gasket and cam belt on my 03 d4d and its running great now. So I'm thinking 'get rid' while the going is good and fancy an X5, anyone had one ? how do they compare with the Rav ? I know they are very good on juice, well, the diesel one's are, and they have a good boot. What do you think.

mike

Hi all

Ok, if your bored how about helping me out with a decision. Just done the head gasket and cam belt on my 03 d4d and its running great now. So I'm thinking 'get rid' while the going is good and fancy an X5, anyone had one ? how do they compare with the Rav ? I know they are very good on juice, well, the diesel one's are, and they have a good boot. What do you think.

mike

Rubbish when the snow starts to become an issue...............

What X5 as in BMW ????????????????

Wee Charlie.

O dear, don't you like them ?? Thought they would be good in snow.

O dear, don't you like them ?? Thought they would be good in snow.

Wide, low profile tyres act like skis.

The RAV took me places last winter that very few other vehicles had been.

The X5 makes an excellent motorway cruiser If you want the high driving position but they are expensive and have a huge footprint when compared to the RAV [Which I believe has a smaller parking footprint than a Focus :unsure:]

I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be driving one down the Cornish lanes I was negotiating last week.

It all depends what your needs are.

If I was living in an area with mainly A roads and motorways I would quite likely go back to a BMW myself but the roads I mostly use are pretty rough and I was replacing suspension parts too regularly and at too high a cost on my last 5 Series Touring.

The RAV is a surprisingly good cruiser too. Having spent seven hours driving home from Cornwall last Friday at speeds anything from 80ish to dead slow and stop, I was pleasantly surprised at how un-fatigued I felt at the end of the journey.

Hi Dave

I think (deep down) I would probably rather have another Rav, get another set of wheels and tyres and have some nice low profile summer ones, and a set of winter tyres for my heating business work over winter on the tops here in Huddersfield. Although it never let me down last winter.

mike

Hi Dave

I think (deep down) I would probably rather have another Rav, get another set of wheels and tyres and have some nice low profile summer ones, and a set of winter tyres for my heating business work over winter on the tops here in Huddersfield. Although it never let me down last winter.

mike

Seems like a good move to me Mike.

You can pick up sets of wheels at a reasonable price. I was lucky enough to find a virtually brand new set of genuine 17" wheels and tyres with 8mm tread for less than the cost of four new tyres earlier in the year.

I had an X5 3.0 Diesel for a short while when they first came out.. Very nice car and a decent motorway tool But the fuel consumption was very high.. Well high if You count 25MPG on the motorway at 75 on cruise.. Sub 20 round town.. A comfy car all right but Errrr they Errrr Well have a certain image problem these days ....

I run up and down the motorway in My Rav and find it brilliant car for this purpose.. Comfy and quiet and very good MPG when again sat at 75 to 80 on cruise control...

I did not have My X5 in any snowy conditions but I am told the are one of the worst of the 4WD cars due to as Davrav says the F1 wide/style tyres

Nice car. Bad/wrong image these days and not a capable 4WD vehicle unless You are prepared to run a spare/different set of wheels.

Wee Charlie.

Occassionally drive 3.0d x5's at work. They are great overall, however the mpg sucks and in the snow they r very dissappointing.

Hi Dave

mike

Seems like a good move to me Mike.

You can pick up sets of wheels at a reasonable price. I was lucky enough to find a virtually brand new set of genuine 17" wheels and tyres with 8mm tread for less than the cost of four new tyres earlier in the year.

Where did you get your wheels from??

Bit late with this, the BMW X3 (note X3) was very good in the snow,although the snow we get on the IOM is no where near as bad as you get in Huddersfield. When I had the T180 I lived in Halifax( not a million miles away) and that was superb in the Pennine winters.

The BMW X5 is possibly the car of choice on the IOM and last winter which was bad with snow over here, I must admit I did see quite a few that had given up the ghost and been left at the side of the roads, I would think a lot of that was purely down to those massive alloys they have on them ( good for looks but useless in snow).

I,d stick with the Rav (old or new) they are the D******ks in snow,and of course the AWD Urbancruiser!!!!!!!

Regards Clare

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links