Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Don't Believe It!

Paulus17

Thanks Del :thumbsup:

We use one of those cheap 12v tyre inflaters that we bought from Aldi i think it was a few years ago to inflate the tyres in emergencies,and it does work pretty good,though the gauge is way out hence the pen type that i use.

Anyway folks looks like problems solved.We finally found a tyre place that could look at the tyres while we waited and it was leaking valves after all :unsure:

I know i said i checked which i did but that was while they were still on the car,which the bloke just told us doesn't always show,it's best to get the wheel off.

He also said that we were about the 20th car to come back to em,he thought we had the tyres fitted with them,and he wasn't going to charge us,but me been honest :thumbsup: told him what had happened and he just charged me a tenner,he even balnced the wheels again.

Apparently there are a bad batch of valves going about causing the leak problem he reckons so they could be all over the country???

I did go and buy a better gauge also as i do like to keep an eye on tyre pressures,and the first one the bloke in the shop picked up and recommended was the pen type??

So thanks all for helping out with this :thumbsup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paulus17

• CharlieFarlie

• firemac

• crofter

We use one of those cheap 12v tyre inflaters that we bought from Aldi i think it was a few years ago to inflate the tyres in emergencies,and it does work pretty good,though the gauge is way out hence the pen type that i use.

Anyway folks looks like problems solved.We finally found a tyre place that could look at the tyres while we waited and it was leaking valves after all :unsure:

I know i said i checked which i did but that was while they were still on the car,which the bloke just told us doesn't always show,it's best to get the wheel off.

He also said that we were about the 20th car to come back to em,he thought we had the tyres fitted with them,and he wasn't going to charge us,but me been honest :thumbsup: told him what had happened and he just charged me a tenner,he even balnced the wheels again.

Apparently there are a bad batch of valves going about causing the leak problem he reckons so they could be all over the country???

I did go and buy a better gauge also as i do like to keep an eye on tyre pressures,and the first one the bloke in the shop picked up and recommended was the pen type??

Glad you got it sorted, fella.

Nice that you found a genuine tyre depot. You should keep them in mind for the future.

Glad you got it sorted, fella.

Nice that you found a genuine tyre depot. You should keep them in mind for the future.

Cheers Jim :thumbsup:

This wasn't our first second or third choice tyre depot,all the ones we wanted were either too busy or we couldn't get to for roadworks.

The place we ended up at was just pure luck as we went to our only local spares shop round here now and just asked the chap in there if he knew of any decent fitters near by,and ended up where we did.Just hope all is sorted now ourselves :yahoo:

I rather like the look of your Garage Charlie. I suspect I could play in there for quite long periods!!!

I rather like the look of your Garage Charlie. I suspect I could play in there for quite long periods!!!

Thats My old garage Mate. My new one is not quite so large as I don't have quite as many bikes and kit now !! My new one is kitted out nicely though and is dominated by the !Removed! great Jet Ski that takes up a bit to much room. Its all plastered and painted out and fitted out like an operating theatre (My Neighbours words !) I have a puter and decent sound system and those big mats on the floor.. But its where I go to play .......

Wee Charlie.

Yes nice workshop indeed Charlie :thumbsup:

First time i've saw that piccy after AM mentioned it i went back and had another look,it wasn't showing when i first read the post!!!!

Anyway tyre pressures again.

After getting the valves replaced yesterday the fitter said he had put 32lb in each tyre.

Now i've just gone down to check with my new gauge and it was showing 44lb in both,cold :eek:

So i went and got the pen gauge i've been using and that was saying 37lb in each :eek: :eek:

So thats three diffeent gauges with three completely different readings :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have checked the fronts and there is a 5lb difference between the two gauges i have:help:

Lol! The compressor I have is from Lidl! I know that when it says 45psi, it is actually more like 31 and it moves about 10psi between being turned on and off!!!

Needless to say, I also have a digital gauge that seems to work well although I am now questioning it's reliability as it only cost £8 from halfrauds and that seems very cheap from what I have read in this thread.

It makes me wonder just how accurate and reliable the pumps at the petrol stations are. The automated ones with a digital display especially.

Lol! The compressor I have is from Lidl! I know that when it says 45psi, it is actually more like 31 and it moves about 10psi between being turned on and off!!!

Needless to say, I also have a digital gauge that seems to work well although I am now questioning it's reliability as it only cost £8 from halfrauds and that seems very cheap from what I have read in this thread.

It makes me wonder just how accurate and reliable the pumps at the petrol stations are. The automated ones with a digital display especially.

The only garage/filling station,and there don't seem any around here,pressure guage I trusted was the ones mounted on the wall and so was not mistreated like I have seen the end of the hose type when some people have finished with them

I think some people think they are built like things made for down in the coal mines!!

Anyone who have seen things made for the coal industry will know what I mean,for those who haven't they are not so much bullet proof as bomb proof.!!

Del

Must say I have wondered about digital ones.

The only garage/filling station,and there don't seem any around here,pressure guage I trusted was the ones mounted on the wall and so was not mistreated like I have seen the end of the hose type when some people have finished with them

I think some people think they are built like things made for down in the coal mines!!

Anyone who have seen things made for the coal industry will know what I mean,for those who haven't they are not so much bullet proof as bomb proof.!!

Del

Must say I have wondered about digital ones.

I've been using one of these Halfords digital motorcycle gauges for a few years now & it's been fine - works on bike & cars. It's been best buy in a few car & bike mags over the years. Certainly robust and easier to use than most.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_567941_langId_-1_categoryId_165648

Not sure I would post a piccy of such a well stocked garage on the www. All the scumbags need then is to work out where it is and presto!

They can come to mine and see what they can nick. If they can find what they are looking for they are doing better than me.

I can find things as long as I don't try any smart @rsd organising, then 2 later I'm screwed :unsure:

Not sure I would post a piccy of such a well stocked garage on the www. All the scumbags need then is to work out where it is and presto!

They can come to mine and see what they can nick. If they can find what they are looking for they are doing better than me.

I can find things as long as I don't try any smart @rsd organising, then 2 later I'm screwed :unsure:

Fair enough point AM,i have edited me post so the request isn't there :thumbsup:

Its just that i do go on a few woodwork forums and showing ones shop is,well seems to be part n parcel of it all,so long as you don't show any obvious signs of where abouts you are of course.

I've been playing with the gauges but i am still geting a big difference so they have gotta be out,so how do you know if you are getting accurate-ish pressure readings with what ever gauge you use??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links