Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Pressure

mjh511

Bought T180 5 weeks ago - nice - after one week noticed near side rear tyre loosing pressure I put some air in and started to check it every day and noticed I was loosing 2 to 3 psi per day after two weeks took it to dealer ( with the special equipment!)and told them I had a slow puncture they checked it out and said there was no puncture (£53 thank you)and to cure whatever it is they suggested a new tyre £275 - I declined and left puzzled but was even more puzzled when checking the tyre I noticed I was no longer losing pressure - my tyre was OK! and has been for the last 3 weeks - strange.

Bought T180 5 weeks ago - nice - after one week noticed near side rear tyre loosing pressure I put some air in and started to check it every day and noticed I was loosing 2 to 3 psi per day after two weeks took it to dealer ( with the special equipment!)and told them I had a slow puncture they checked it out and said there was no puncture (£53 thank you)and to cure whatever it is they suggested a new tyre £275 - I declined and left puzzled but was even more puzzled when checking the tyre I noticed I was no longer losing pressure - my tyre was OK! and has been for the last 3 weeks - strange.

Welcome to the club mjh511 :thumbsup:

Did it go low enough to trigger the tyre pressure monitoring system?

Grit in the valve maybe? Did they take the tyre off and re-fit? Possibly badly seated. Still, if it's OK now just keep an eye on it.

Welcome t'club, Mike....one presumes they gave you a receipt for your £53.00...what was the charge for, and was this the dealer who sold you the car....?

Big Kev :unsure:

since i bought my t180, my ns rear tyre has gone down twice. No puncture and both times I inflated it back up and it stayed up for a good few months. (thats not emant to sound rude)

Yes it triggered the monotoring system which I suppose is good - I did get a reciept for the £53 and I imagine that was for the inspection carried out to confirm there was no puncture??? - the Toyota dealer I bought the car off has two sites in Leicester and I had to go to the other site to get the tyre checked out as the one I bought the car from does not have the 'special equipment' - speaking to the manager about it I was impressed as he seemed to take an interest and wanted to resolve the situation to my satisfaction.

Did'nt do my research on the car before I bought it so had no idea about the run flats debacle and now I have two brand new tyes on the front and two tyres on the back with about 4mm on - will eventually change them all over to normal tyes as £275 for one tyre is excessive.

The charge would be for the labour to take the tyre off and refit it. They may have applied sealant to the rim prior to fitting.Did they mention any corrosion on the inside of the wheel? This is common with the T180, so much so I have not long had my 4 replaced.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links