I have been looking at the SR but it seems the transmission is CVT

From the website.... :Automatic, Multidrive S:

Wee Charlie.

No Charlie, it has a rather nice 6 speed auto :thumbsup:

I have been looking at the SR but it seems the transmission is CVT

From the website.... :Automatic, Multidrive S:

Wee Charlie.

No Charlie, it has a rather nice 6 speed auto :thumbsup:

Thanks ! The configurator is a bit complicated for some one of My limited puter skills !! But I have managed to work out that to spec a car near to the one I have but with am Auto box and Without a sunroof would cost well north of 30K ...

Wee Charlie.

Can't take it with you buddy :rolleyes:

I know but I cant pay for the shopping at Tesco by taking the Checkout Person to the window and pointing out A shiny new SR with toys though .... Anyway I aint planning on going for a while yet !!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

• 1 month later...

Charlie,Not sure what you are referring to, but if I get what I think you mean, then, they are all "AD" engines.Generally:2AD-FHV = T1802AD-FTV = "Standard" 2.2 DieselI believe the major difference is the FHV compression ratio is slightly lower and with a slightly higher turbo boost pressure, but I'm sure somebody like Anchs will correct me if I'm wrong :thumbsup:There are other differences too....I think things like water cooled turbo, etc....blah,blah............The T180 (FHV) tends to have the DPF, but I believe that can be fitted to the FTV is some markets, so it is not a definitive difference.My 150 is still an "AD" (2AD-FTV) engine, but it's got the piezo injectors the T180 had originally, but not the DPF, (thankfully!)

Charlie,Not sure what you are referring to, but if I get what I think you mean, then, they are all "AD" engines.Generally:2AD-FHV = T1802AD-FTV = "Standard" 2.2 DieselI believe the major difference is the FHV compression ratio is slightly lower and with a slightly higher turbo boost pressure, but I'm sure somebody like Anchs will correct me if I'm wrong :thumbsup:There are other differences too....I think things like water cooled turbo, etc....blah,blah............The T180 (FHV) tends to have the DPF, but I believe that can be fitted to the FTV is some markets, so it is not a definitive difference.My 150 is still an "AD" (2AD-FTV) engine, but it's got the piezo injectors the T180 had originally, but not the DPF, (thankfully!)

how do i find out which engine i have? avensis t180 yr 2007?

Same as shcm's post - you have the 2AD-FHV engine.

yeah thanks for that,how do i find out which injectors it has,which are the best to have?

roger

yeah thanks for that,how do i find out which injectors it has,which are the best to have?

roger