Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lazy Self Cancelling Indicator On Left Side ?

CharlieFarlie

Chamois.................... But I'm far to Young to remember those things sitting at the side of the road with steam bellowing out of them.................. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chamois.................... But I'm far to Young to remember those things sitting at the side of the road with steam bellowing out of them.................. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Been there,had a Husky,got thro' more water than petrol but it was fun!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Breakdowns didn't seem to matter so much then,maybe it was only to be expected considering the old bangers we used to drive :unsure::unsure:

Old time Del

Your not wrong.

My wife rang me once to say there was smoke coming from the front of the car. I told her it couldn't be so she argued until I pointed out where the petrol tank was and then had explain the long long heater matrix pipes that frequently burst cos they were so old.

However we digress from indicators. I also remember the little lamp on the end of the stalk. I was veeerrrry yound so couldn't work out how people would know which way dad was turning from a little light inside the car. Not a million miles from my find a lantern and hang it outside of the window idea. :rolleyes::lol:

Your not wrong.

My wife rang me once to say there was smoke coming from the front of the car. I told her it couldn't be so she argued until I pointed out where the petrol tank was and then had explain the long long heater matrix pipes that frequently burst cos they were so old.

However we digress from indicators. I also remember the little lamp on the end of the stalk. I was veeerrrry yound so couldn't work out how people would know which way dad was turning from a little light inside the car. Not a million miles from my find a lantern and hang it outside of the window idea. :rolleyes::lol:

You couldn't go wrong with one of these:

B4A63D52-6145-47F4-BAD8-83D5B6CF9042.jpg

Worris it Dave ??????????????

That, YOUNG Charlie, is a dash mounted good solid bakelite indicator switch as fitted to motors 'when I were a lad' :rolleyes:

Turn it to the left for left indicator etc. Red tel tale light flashed in your face till you turned it off :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That, YOUNG Charlie, is a dash mounted good solid bakelite indicator switch as fitted to motors 'when I were a lad' :rolleyes:

Turn it to the left for left indicator etc. Red tel tale light flashed in your face till you turned it off :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Coooorrrrr You old Guys have all the answers !! So should I bolt one of these to the dash on the Rav ??

Wee Charlie..

Coooorrrrr You old Guys have all the answers !! So should I bolt one of these to the dash on the Rav ??

Wee Charlie..

Would make a nice ornament - you could dispense with the furry dice :thumbsup:

He's never seen a Routemaster bus Dave!!!

Nor yet a Moggie Minor :unsure:

Those were the days of true interchangability :thumbsup:

Another option is to adapt my break light idea of yesteryear and tie a child to each side of the car. Throw open the relevent door and said child can scream blue murder to warn other users. With training they might even learn to shout the correct direction. Don't forget to paint them yellow though or other motorists will think something is wrong.

Or.............

Get a bodywork engineer to knock your Rav into a white van shape, respray it white and don't botherv with indicators. Works for white van drivers!!!.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links