Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What To Go For

pal1

Hi

Sold my old 03 d4d today and am now looking for a newer diesel. From your vast experience what is the best year to go for, I was thinking 07/08 with a 12 grand budget. Is there any particular time when they got better ?

mike

Is there any particular time when they got better ?

Yeah, not long after I bought mine in july 2008..........

Mate a 12K budget is only going to get You into a fairly high mile car if You want a Diesel on 07/08 plate.. A Forum Member just sold an 07 Petrol on the Bay for 11400 and petrol are nowhere near as sought after as Diesels.

You dont say what Your needs are ? IE Do You want toys ?? How many miles a Year do You do ?? Do You want a highly specced car with leather and sat nav or will a base model do ??

Wee Charlie.

Hi Charlie

I have always bought my cars from the Car Auctions, and have always done OK as long as you are careful. Been looking at what you can get over the past few months ( I have been going twice a week) and have seen quite a few rav's. You can certainly pick up a low is milage 07 d4d for 8-10k, and I have seen a few 08's go for not much more.

Times are tough out there, and there are some great bargain if you have the cash.

My problem is knowing when anything important changed around the 07/08/09 period that I should look out for. I'm not to bothered about 'full spec'

mike

Hi Charlie

I have always bought my cars from the Car Auctions, and have always done OK as long as you are careful. Been looking at what you can get over the past few months ( I have been going twice a week) and have seen quite a few rav's. You can certainly pick up a low is milage 07 d4d for 8-10k, and I have seen a few 08's go for not much more.

Times are tough out there, and there are some great bargain if you have the cash.

My problem is knowing when anything important changed around the 07/08/09 period that I should look out for. I'm not to bothered about 'full spec'

mike

Mate,

There are serious bargains to be had if you're willing to take your time and find the right car... i watched the various sites for 5 weeks then came across a cracking 07 XT5 (top of range except the T180) with 44k miles for £12k. This was from a Honda dealer who basically didn't want it as it wasn't a Honda and wanted a quick sale! I also got a 3 month warranty! The car is near on immaculate and I love it! :yahoo:

So, Yes... work out what you want and what your budget it and watch.... i kept an eye on toyota.co.uk which shows all the Toyota approved cars in the UK as well as all the other usual suspect... Be willing to travel too. I bought mine without having seen it cos i knew what i wanted. the dealer agreed that if i arrived and something was amiss i could walk away and get my deposit back too.. I also got them to throw in a detachable tow bar!!! RESULT!

Weblers

When I bought my 57 last year I was told there were a few "issues" resolved early part of 2007. So a late 07 or to be safe 57 plate is worth sticking out for. My xtr 2.2 d4d has AC, sunroof, leather etc but no spare! Still, I had a puncture the other day and the repair kit worked fine, no issues.

Hi Rav

Thanks for that, I like the look of the 'no tyre on the back door' model, but many would rather have one. I think its going to be a case of what turns up at the time, and if it ticks most of the boxes, go for it.

mike

Hi Rav

Thanks for that, I like the look of the 'no tyre on the back door' model, but many would rather have one. I think its going to be a case of what turns up at the time, and if it ticks most of the boxes, go for it.

mike

LOL You have just answered the OPs question then Mate ....

Wee Charlie.