Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Isle Of Skye

CharlieFarlie

On impulse Me and the Wife have decided to book a B&B and take off for a couple of days to the Isle of Skye... I need a few days R&R After the unhelpful remarks about My fine and dandy new trousers !!!

Anyone been ????

Wee Charlie.

On impulse Me and the Wife have decided to book a B&B and take off for a couple of days to the Isle of Skye... I need a few days R&R After the unhelpful remarks about My fine and dandy new trousers !!!

Anyone been ????

Wee Charlie.

Take your waterproofs!

Beautiful and atmospheric island but when it rains it comes horizontally :!Removed!:

Only for a day trip from Fort William in the 90's. Cracking drive I recall and isn't the bridge free now unlike then?

Only for a day trip from Fort William in the 90's. Cracking drive I recall and isn't the bridge free now unlike then?

Yes Mate thr bridge is now free...

Dave it dont rain in Scotland ...............................

Blimey did I just say that ............... :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Wee Charlie.

"Dave it dont rain in Scotland"

Ha...ha..ha! :yahoo:

Today it was raining all day.

Have a nice journey to Skye.

Don't leave your raincoat at home! :yahoo:

Jozsef

Anyone been ????

Wee Charlie.

Watch out furra MIDGES Charlie, they'll eat ye alive! portree's a nice place and round by Dunvagan the scenery's nice , if u can see anythin' through the mist! Enjoy it and hope it disney :censor: RAIN. :thumbsup:

i have been, last year. but just for a few minutes. it was :censor: heavy raining. more than on emerald island. so no hiking there. good advice: dont count with camping :wacko:

i have been, last year. but just for a few minutes. it was :censor: heavy raining. more than on emerald island. so no hiking there. good advice: dont count with camping :wacko:

You lot really know how to cheer a bloke up !!!!........................ :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

You lot really know how to cheer a bloke up !!!!........................ :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Be very careful on said island, Charlie, as prostitution is rife, albeit very easy to identify the culprits, as they all wear the same colour of coats, and shout at you as you pass them by, presumably trying to drum up business.

Still, without them, it would be a very bland place with just green fields and no other breaks to the scenery. But please bear in mind how easy it is to get a bad name.....you speak to one of these prostitutes after a few whiskies, like what I did, and......well I am still protesting my innocence.

Big Kev :eek: (....sheepeyes...?)

Fantastic roads, the drive from up there via Fort Wiliam is spectacular - I only wish we had taken my Honda rather than the X-Trail at the time............................however, the rain was so bad and lying on the road so much that we were skipping around every where even fully loaded up with all of our camping gear and with a roof box on. I ended up stopping and sticking the X-Trail in 4WD. Lovely place though - check out the distileries :thumbsup:

This 'll cheer you up Charlie - the forecast for Skye at the weekend is better than the Isle of Wight :thumbsup:

Did a coach tour in Scotland with the wife few years back.although Skye was not on the retinue,the coach driver said as we were near the bridge to the island he would take us for a quick visit so we could be say we had been there.it was a quick visit,over the bridge and around the roundabout and back over the bridge again to the mainland.

we sang Donald where's your trousers,as we had just come down from Skye,although we hardly noticed.

Did a coach tour in Scotland with the wife few years back.although Skye was not on the retinue,the coach driver said as we were near the bridge to the island he would take us for a quick visit so we could be say we had been there.it was a quick visit,over the bridge and around the roundabout and back over the bridge again to the mainland.

we sang Donald where's your trousers,as we had just come down from Skye,although we hardly noticed.

We did a Lap of Skye in our 4.1 Rav in 1996, great roads, stunning views, no speed cameras (THEN) everything on the island seems to be owned by Mc Leod of Mc Cleod :unsure: some very attractive sheep (take your wellies) :baaa: Stew

P.S. the Skye boat song!! the part where it says "carry the lad who's born to be king" for years the wife thought this was.."larry the lamb was born to be king" (genuine) :rolleyes:

EERRRRRRR ..........................................It rained ............ :rolleyes:

Anyone been ????

Wee Charlie.

Yup, cruised thru there last May. Arrived via the bridge, left via Armadale-Mallaig ferry in a howling gale :sick:

It didn't rain. It pithed down. Couldn't see the Cuilins for cloud. Just the right weather for the wild moorland scenery. We felt very much at home. Wouldn't look right in sunshine.

Recommendations: Get to Carbost at about 13.30 as Talisker start their tour of the distillery at about 13.45. Hebbridean Hotel at Broadford. Looked online like a coach tour hotel but is a lot smaller. Sensible price. Bland room but stonking view. Better food than we expected and belting brekkers.

The worse the weather the more dramatic the photos to be taken and soon the freezing weather will have killed of the midgies. Since when did we penetrate north of the border for a sun tan?

Better recommendation? Go to Islay instead. Friendlier welcome, better weather (well, less bad), gentler scenery but still heap plenty moor and far far better hooch houses to tour and sample.

Mike D

Heading off,with the wife to the Brecon Beacons/Black Mountains,of Wales on Sunday.Pulling the caravan with trusty T180.Hopefully get there before the bad weather hits,forecasts said that there is a Amber Alert for high winds & rain for Wales Sun/Mon.Just the same as going to the Isle Of Skye,eh! Wee Charlie?

BJK

Heading off,with the wife to the Brecon Beacons/Black Mountains,of Wales on Sunday.Pulling the caravan with trusty T180.Hopefully get there before the bad weather hits,forecasts said that there is a Amber Alert for high winds & rain for Wales Sun/Mon.Just the same as going to the Isle Of Skye,eh! Wee Charlie?

BJK

I spent many a day over the Blackies on a Honda Trail bike !! a big XR 650 that was a bit of a hanfull when up near the Sugar Loaf !! Stunning location !! Enjoy !!

Wee Charlie.

Oh and a special one for Big Kev.... I believe You know this one Kev ?????????????????

IsleofSkyeSeptember2011036.jpg

We did a Lap of Skye in our 4.1 Rav in 1996, great roads, stunning views, no speed cameras (THEN) everything on the island seems to be owned by Mc Leod of Mc Cleod :unsure: some very attractive sheep (take your wellies) :baaa: Stew

P.S. the Skye boat song!! the part where it says "carry the lad who's born to be king" for years the wife thought this was.."larry the lamb was born to be king" (genuine) :rolleyes:

That realy gave me a chuckle.

Well Charlie,the scenery looks just as impressive reflected in your paintwork,as it does in real life.Also surely that is the sun shining,where is the rain?

BJK

Well Charlie,the scenery looks just as impressive reflected in your paintwork,as it does in real life.Also surely that is the sun shining,where is the rain?

BJK

It rained on day 1 which was the day We went up. Well sunshine and showers so not so bad !!

We went up to Fort William over Glencoe and took the A820 to Malaig (Recommended !!!) and took the ferry to the Isle. Day 2 was mostly clear but the forecast for the following days was dreadful so We came home.. We only went for 2 0r 3 days anyway..

As said above by others . Unless You are into walking (Im not) there is very little to do. But Wow what scenery !.....

Wee Charlie.

Great piccys Charlie with wonderful sceenary,love the waterfall one.

Best bit of road i've seen in ages,had it all just been relaid??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links