Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My '00 Facelift Corolla Sr Vvti

Steven252

Top man :thumbsup:

Ive just figured who you are from your side picture. Yes your G6 was absolutely mint and it was the car that inspired me into looking for a G6 or G6R as i had a banged up 1.3 sportif at the time. Though i couldnt find one at the right price/condition that wasnt 300 miles + away and i fell upon this! Personally i prefer the facelift headlights so it was kind of a win win situation for me :)

Im gutted to hear what happened to it though :( i seem to have this problem with previous cars. as soon as i get something nice somebody decides i shouldnt have it and damages it beond repair. So im praying that this one has more luck to it!!

Re the fk splitter, i didnt buy it from them, i got it from type r kits but its the same design but maybe a different mould. At first it looked like it was an inch too short either side, but it was more me being a !Removed! and not giving it enough perswasion to fit :rolleyes: its perfect to be fair!

How you finding the yaris to the G6? Theyre lovely little cars but abit too small for what i needed :)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

• EXS

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you liked it! I dread to think where it is now :'(

The E11's seem to be great cars - and you can make them look awesome too, shame they don't have as big a following as civics though because it would make part finding a bit easier! Still, thats why they are unique I guess.

I have to admit I have fallen for the Yaris - it's obviously faster, few more mod cons and abit newer - but there are a few things I miss about the G6 - 6th gear being one! I also LOVED the dials it had.

The Yaris feels very reminiscent of the G6 though through things like the gear change and bits of trim - you can tell it's a Toyota! :) all in all a worthy successor I think. Boot is alot smaller though haha.

It was such a shame when the G6 bought it though - just had a full service, new brakes, new caliper, coolant change, 4 new tyres and £200 spent on a rear bumper respray - and to add insult to injury the genuine Toyota exhaust trim I ordered for it arrived the following morning :'(

Still - we all move on eh! I'll be following this SR beast!

Great update!

My drivers door card is doing just the same, good to see that your efforts seem to have worked.

Thought about the rear wiper myself, but I actually use it a surprising amount, so will be keeping mine, for the time being anyway.

The door cards so much better now, im not affraid to run the hoover over it in fear of pulling the whole thing up and looks to me like its been a success as its bonded VERY well :)

Re the wiper, on the 10-11 cars ive owned ive never used one. I dont see the point of them at all, you dont need to see where youve come from :P and as the rear windows will be tinted dark black soon theres not much use for it as i wont be able to see out of it neway :rolleyes:

Finally my rear splitters on route and should be here by monday/tuesday. Then i can get the dremel out and start the fun bit :D

Another little update as the postie finially had the remaining items i had ordered from japan.

600ddcd2.jpg

Mmmmm jap writing. These are 100w yellow 9005's for the main beam and 100w yellow h3's for the fog lights, too match the existing 100w yellow 9006's i had fitted last week ;) Couldnt wait to fit them....

1c39ff42.jpg

ea68ec35.jpg

My iPhone hardly pictures how yellow these really are, they are really bright and a fantastic golden colour. Im in two mind wether to replace the dipped 9006's with HID's as there isnt much difference between the two in all honesty (HID's are alittle brighter but cant afford the expense of replacing the ballasts due to the mains flash problem) although im tempted to try some 3000k HID bulbs as they are ultra yellow :D

for the eagle eye'd viewers reading, yes the offside/passenger fog light is cracked :( not sure when this happened but i didnt notice it when i bought the car and haven't notice until about a week or so ago. so may have been there already. anyway its not turned into a pond as off yet so i wont replace it immediately, but it will get done at the same time as the bodykit goes on.

Anyway shes looking very JDM now :drool: a few more bulbs to order to complete the look (led side, led reverse ;) and led rear number plate) its very near 100 pounds ive spent on bulbs alone :rolleyes:

Cant wait to see what it looks like in the dark :D

Looks good!

Been toying with tinting my front fogs yellow, but still unsure myself.

Good work on sourcing the bulbs.

Reluctant in going down the JDM route with mine, as tempting as it is, as they were never available in Japan. Keep up the good work on yours, enjoying the updates :thumbsup:

Ye it was something i had thought about but ive never done anything JDM before an i think the little 'rolla will pull it off. Not going massive JDM just little subtal things ;)

I did the yellow tint on my previous gold 306 gti-6 and it looks good but needed to be redone alot as it chips and cracks from stones easily. Yours will look LUSH with it as ive seen another green SR with it done and the green/yellow matches so well ;)

Any pics or links to this other Green SR?

yes, id saved them from the irish? forum i had seen it on whilst searching for ideas via google images.

921a9674.jpg

and incidentally the one in the background of this one, is the one thats inspired me to get the front splitter and the same skirts ;)

3a1a4504.jpg

green and yellow works so well!

so i had a little time to waste before my night shift tonight, god i hate working nights and days..... tho the moneys too good to say no too!

anyway seams like tibs and i were on the same wavelength and as he posted up a how too i didn't bother taking many pictures. i should have got one to show the state of it before but you can make out how bad it was in previous engine bay shots anyway.

anywhooo, i removed it from the car.

6dc54ea5.jpg

can see all 12 years of manky build up from here

3d4f26e6.jpg

all clean :)

3028ed45.jpg

and back in the car with some lovely smelling screen wash ;)

98668525.jpg

so much better. all thats left to do in the engine bay now is to remove and repaint the drivers engine mount and the front rad slam panel fixings in satin black and thats the engine bay finished. i have an open cone filter that i *may* fit someday but in all honesty i kind of like the oem feel it currently has :)

Yet another update.

Finally the rear splitters turned up to tie in the rear end (once i sort the side skirts out - ill come back to that in a minute) i got this for a grand some of 30.99 including postage from eBay. not the only bargain ive had recently for the car, but im waiting for the other item to turn up before posting that ;)

Internet respect points to be given to the first person who correctly guesses what its from ;)

dd02487e.jpg

4568d761.jpg

189c2500.jpg

it fits the car lovely for something thats off another car, however its 3 inches to short to reach around and clip in, so once i got time ill cut it down the middle and add the extra bit to make it fit perfect :thumbsup:

anyway heres it is attached to the car so i could get an idea of fit.

51a21819.jpg

76130384.jpg

82a43e92.jpg

shame its black and not a bright colour as its hard to make it out in the photo's but it fits and suits the rear bumper REALY well, so chuffed isnt the word!

now the side skirts.......... what a ball ache. they do not fit at all and ive resorted to choping them up, heres some pics.

they started like this.

1c3cc977.jpg

cut out the supports as they were in the way

5ca80869.jpg

6e73d2b1.jpg

still miles off, so chopped the rear part off completely

96beddb3.jpg

and its still miles out. i stopped there as the heavens opened and im working outside as unfortunately i only have a single garage to work out of and the car doesnt actually fit in it :rolleyes: its going to take A LOT of work to get these even to fit right. so anyone considering fitting E10 side skirts to an E11..... DONT BOTHER :crybaby: i will get there, even if they end up in a million pieces, because the good thing with fibre glass is that it can all be remade ;) but at the moment there a 90 pound bag of fibre glass bits of no use to no one :unsure:

comments welcome :)

Nice update there, I like the rear lower lip, will look very nice when sprayed up and fitted :thumbsup:

Honda Civic Type R off the top of my bonce....?

You sir are spot on :thumbsup:

Nice update there, I like the rear lower lip, will look very nice when sprayed up and fitted :thumbsup:

Thanks mate :thumbsup: i cant wait to make it fit properally and in paint. I also cant wait for my new purchase to come through either as its the only thing missing bodywise.

Had a quote for the body work at a very good bodyshop in the local area. They want £200 to remove the rear quarter dent on its own, and £1000 to respray the whole car including the bodykit. If i bring the car stripped itll be cheeper. So im deciding wether one i want the dent removed (its realy annoying me) or wether to paint the kit myself (be alot cheeper) or just think "sod it" and have the whole car done?

had another play with the rear splitter yesterday, whilst the sun was out. so i got the rotary tool out and cut it in half, which allowed me to fit it. excuse the "pinky" ness of the car, its the low sun and a dodgy iPhone camera, its perfectly red in real life :lol:

5719d9e4.jpg

i put the front splitter on and quickly realised from that pic that the rear splitters way to big and dwarfs the front one, plus they dont follow the same body lines as each other, so a big no no. :rolleyes:

so i grabbed a pair of verniers and measured the pair and found the type r spitters 5cm bigger than the front one. so after some quick measuring and deciding where to cut i chopped the civic one down to size, ill let the pics do the talking.

2a623d4f.jpg

f75287f7.jpg

714a20f0.jpg

5e9896df.jpg

1ea1ecea.jpg

1c26a7d3.jpg

placed onto the car

184cf432.jpg

d6711116.jpg

bab8963f.jpg

1e41e4d9.jpg

baeffcee.jpg

now i had to tape the other side on as it wasn't fitting as well as the exhaust side. i quickly figured it was the towing eye thats stopping it, so ill remove that when i join the two together, to get it fitting "flush". i cant see me ever towing another car with the kit on anyway as it'll simply pull it apart, therefore it can go in the garage with the rear wiper motor :lol:

1d0ffed4.jpg

eb4164fe.jpg

5189a469.jpg

9f972f0c.jpg

the fit is so MUCH better now, and really flows with the rear of the car. you can see from the pic the size of the gap i need to "fill in" at the middle, i wouldn't have thought there was such a big size difference between the civic and corolla, if anything i would have put money on the civic being bigger!

the top part of the civics splitter (the shark fin) will be moulded back onto it once i got the measurements of exactly how i want it and when the side skirts are ready to be bonded together. i want to make this add on kit to flow with the car and fit correctly, so it does not look like its been ripped off another car and simply glued on. if it isn't right, it ain't going on it. simple. i was looking at getting a "full" day on it today, however winters setting into sunny wales so i doubt ill be able to progress much in the next couple of months. i will potter about with it in the garage though, in between showers :lol:

Also my new flip key fob through this morning so i quickly popped to the local key cutters and had the replacement cut. all thats required is to undo the one screw on the back of the original key, remove the transponder and buttons (luckily the E11's is in one unit) place into the new key fob Shell and screw together, after twisting the spring once. its a little bit fiddly but nothing major. such a nice upgrade to the standard key, its a little bulky but can no longer dig into my leg at work. the first time around i found the internals to be slightly lose in the holder - allowing the buttons to push back, so one small cut out of cardboard on the back of it (to push the buttons out) and refit and its perfect now.

35cfe49b.jpg

4b9dc627.jpg

the ONLY problem with them is it can be a !Removed! nightmare to get it out of the ignition barrel, as the toyotas system requires you to push it in the remove the keys (mind you the standard key can be like this :lol:) as the key base is now wider and flat there isn't as much room as with the standard corolla key. so if it isnt perfectly flat as its twisted back as well as applying a little pressure to the fob into the barrel it locks and wont come out. once you know how to position it, its the same as removing the standard key. however i personally like this as it means it would be A LOT harder for a person who shouldn't be removing the keys from getting them ;)

comments welcome as always :)

Honda Civic Type R off the top of my bonce....?

You sir are spot on :thumbsup:

Thanks mate :thumbsup: i cant wait to make it fit properally and in paint. I also cant wait for my new purchase to come through either as its the only thing missing bodywise.

Had a quote for the body work at a very good bodyshop in the local area. They want £200 to remove the rear quarter dent on its own, and £1000 to respray the whole car including the bodykit. If i bring the car stripped itll be cheeper. So im deciding wether one i want the dent removed (its realy annoying me) or wether to paint the kit myself (be alot cheeper) or just think "sod it" and have the whole car done?

I have been quoted around £1500 for a full job on mine.

hes said that it would be roughly 800 if i bring the car down in bits on a trailer.

i'd have to remove the bumpers, lights, bonnet, wings, doors, tailgate, mirrors and all little bits of trim/badges for this price. he'd refit the doors bonnet and tailgate to line it up properly but leave the rest for me to refit.

this is with a body shop that has a VERY good reputation around here. im still debating it ATM as its in good nick anyway and i dunno how long it would stay "mint" as its parked in a supermarket all day :crybaby:

I've been quoted around £1k to have mine done, with a few little extras, so I guess thats about right ?

I think what your trying to do is really good, brave man cutting up panels to mod, the end result will be epic though :thumbsup:

This maybe an optical illusion (and not an excuse to post my car in your thread lol) but my rear oem lip seems bigger ?

Rearlow.jpg

i'd believe it to be just that paul, as funnily enough looking through my photos i have one thats taken from a simular angle (how weird is that! and yet again it looks pink :rolleyes:)

103e46e1.jpg

it maybe because your running TTE (?) springs it apears to be wider as the cars lower. however i definitely need to find my self a set of TTE shotguns to fill that lovely type R exhaust gap :thumbsup: have you thought about some factory mud flaps like mine has?

thanks for the kind words, makes me want to push on further with it :thumbsup:

the rest of my bulbs turned up this morning, these consisted of cree LED 501's for the sidelights and rear number plate, and 12 led rear reverse lights. the car on the outside is now a lot more modern (still fancy my HID's again tho!) in the night :) (at an expense of nearly 100 pounds :lol:)

some pics of the new ones

6bd1e112.jpg

af05eb1c.jpg

sides and fogs installed

c6a39a66.jpg

they still show through the ridiculously yellow 100w dipped bulbs

be83dc21.jpg

cree numberplate bulbs

f299a6b6.jpg

LED reverse lights didnt fit at all and were advertised for this car funnily enough. i had to sand a good 1-2mm of the edges of the bulbs to get them to fit into the holes! i also discovered that the drivers tail lamp has become a mobile aquarium, filling the whole fog light section in water, so another thing ill replace soon.

b37011bf.jpg

these are amazing and really light up where you want to go when reversing

0136ad17.jpg

b526d60d.jpg

then i had a knock on the door from mr TNT man, at about 6 at night. i really didnt think this was coming!! im am soooo pleased with this little find and i got it for a bargain price of 48 pounds (68 with postage) via eBay and im smitten. the idea originally was to get the pakfeifer rear wing that EX has from denmark, i possibly still might, however i couldnt say no to a original, genuine bit of TTE history.

c963ab94.jpg

7676a197.jpg

bc5b244e.jpg

e66c8ca1.jpg

i have to say, it looks a DAMN sight better in real life than online pictures ive seen with cars fitted with them show. so glad its in my ownership now :D i cant wait to get it painted and on the car :yahoo: i now have everything bodywork wise bar some little finishing touches, i need to pull my finger out and get it finished.

i got board yesterday so me and my mate prepped the front splitter and got it in filler primer. it still needs to be wet and dried before i paint it to get a perfectly flat finish. ive ordered 5 rattle cans of 3e5 paint to get me started.

5d6644c8.jpg

can anyone find out what colour primer 3e5 cars are painted in from the factory so i can have a "little" bit of a hope getting it to match? would you know tibs from your dealer days?

comments welcome as always :)

another little update

after recieving my TTE spoiler i fitted it just to check that it fitted correctly. as per toyotas build quality the panel gaps are perfect!

7cb93c6f.jpg

92ab6dfc.jpg

9d745321.jpg

so i set about spraying it. after a quick sand i decided in my ultimate wisdom that id spray it without primering it as it was already white...... it didn't go to plan! there was paint reactions everywhere and the paint filled the tte stamp completely (so you wouldnt know it was one :rolleyes:)

so i had to take quick action and remove it with a wire brush before it set for good :crybaby:

07e130d5.jpg

it had also reacted around the original TTE gel sticker, so once it had set i set about removing this with a heat gun and a stanley blade.

f4a6d785.jpg

it suffered a little bit of damage to the chrome when removing the original double sided tape - it seems over the years the chrome had become at one with the residue. i noticed this before a major bit was damaged and used some chrome "backing" vinyl to repair the effected area. as you can see from the photo, its a perfect repair :thumbsup:

so next up was to re sand the whole spoiler again and to do the job properly, like i should have in the first place :rolleyes:

be97a187.jpg

ready to prime

56f8f152.jpg

and in primer

7a6915cc.jpg

b36b3a9e.jpg

thats as far as i got with it as i run out of white primer and tack cloths, so i'm waiting for mr postman to deliver some more. i also painted the rear wiper bung

cba30800.jpg

51eefb69.jpg

its SO much better now than the tacky chrome it was! the paint match is also as damn good too.

the rest of the body kits coming along nicely, unfortunately i haven't been taking photos to show as i've been doing a bit "here and there" when i can. the rear splitters ready to fit to the car, as soon as its my week of work ill fibreglass it into the bumper and spray it up :)

comments welcome

Yeah nice update, looking very good so far :thumbsup:

I will pass on your tips to my local body shop when they do mine.

Your car is really coming together now.

What a scoop picking up that TTE spoiler for such a good price - well done mate!

Thanks mate!

Yes i couldnt believe it myself when it finished at £48 i had the max bid set 3x's that :rolleyes: there was a point where i thought the seller wasnt going to send it as they werent replying to my messages and it didnt arrive untill two weeks after the payment was made. So glad i spotted it now! Looks amazing in real life!

Yeah nice update, looking very good so far :thumbsup:

I will pass on your tips to my local body shop when they do mine.

Your car is really coming together now.

Thanks paul, im getting there slowly :)

im finding it hard to find the time to do it atm, and i really cant justify bodyshop prices so its taking a little longer than they would to get a "perfect" finish.

In regards to the original TTE gel sticker, if i could do it again knowing what i do from my one, i would do it this way.

Heat it up being careful not to burn it, then use a stanley blade from the top left corner, OR bottom right corner (as the are no chrome sections there) and slowly peal it using both heat and the stanley blade to scrape/cut the adesive ONTO the Badge itself rather than leave it on the paint. Be very carefull not to damage the edges of the Badge as its very soft. DO NOT attempt to remove this then from the Badge once its off as it will remove the chrome backing with it. Ive placed very thin super sticky double sided tape ontop of the original stuff for when i reinstall it

hope this helps and yours comes off completely intact. Mines 99% perfect after i repaired it now

The TTE Badge is a very strange one. As you say, it's like it's got gel in it - really weird! Mine has a bit of a shadow across it now but never mind, it still looks the biz.

Funny how many rolla bits/cars end up in Ireland!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links