Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My '00 Facelift Corolla Sr Vvti

Steven252

Had a week off from work, been relaxing most of the time but did some odds on the car.

Managed to get the right leds for the 6 CD changer, so set about changing these. Absolute pig of a job to do! So from this;

4564a9f8.jpg

To this (theres no CDs in it at time of photo but these are matching red and white for the selected disc)

cb9d00a7.jpg

Also the car was due its first MOT in my possession. It had a fresh 13months ticket when i bought it on the 27th august last year. So im very close to a year of ownership :D

87465ca2.jpg

7a4d1385.jpg

Anyway stuck it in a month early expecting to have to little bits here and there. Much to my suprise it passed with absoltely NO advisorys and even the MOT tester could not believe the condition the car was in for the millage its covered. Emissions were 0.013 out of the 0.300 so the engines still running damn healthy too :o

One thing that has stumped me is that there is a slight/faint knock from somewhere on the front when going over very bumpy road. I thought it was the arb link or top mounts but the MOT guys said that there is absolutely no play in anything underneath from what he can feel or see. So im going to have to let it develope more so i can find out what it is.

As a treat to the car for passing the MOT ive just spent £400 on cleaning products from theultimatefinish.co.uk for her as ive now used up the last of my gear i bought nearly 7years ago. I buy everything in a bulk form so it lasts a while lol, ill post up pictures when it turns up ;)

Next plan is to get her sat on the TTE rims (all 5 need rubber @£330) and get her sat on a set of 30mm lowering springs for the time being. Then wait for the engine to go bang :rolleyes: oh and im going to have a pop at retrimming the MR2 seats myself as the materials £30 so why not :)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

• EXS

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some of the cleaning products i ordered,

Snow foamed

8593fef4.jpg

Took some photos at ogmore beach, really nice place

f0709f9f.jpg

921a0b75.jpg

Took loads but there the best 2 :) really enjoyin the car atm :)

beautiful car :)

but Steven... the time has come for the 17" TTE`s... no exuses :D preferably in rallye white ;)

IT´S TIME..... :)

beautiful car :)

but Steven... the time has come for the 17" TTE`s... no exuses :D preferably in rallye white ;)

IT´S TIME..... :)

Your so right! Was thinking that taking the photos!

Its been time for them since ive had them :rolleyes: i need to get 5 new tyres which i shall be doing at the end of this month on pay day along with a set of 40mm lowering springs :D

The TTE wheels are going to stay there original colour :( there worth more that way when i come to sell... I will be painting the 15s in white as a "winter" wheel tho ;)

Looking good, how was the snow clean ? Also white wheels are a pain in the bl###y ****, but do look nice :)

Looking good, how was the snow clean ? Also white wheels are a pain in the bl###y ****, but do look nice :)

The Snow Foam is a brilliant bit of kit, for these photos all i did wash apply the Snow Foam, leave for five minutes and then jet wash it off. The car was 99% clean and it even got most of the brake dust off :o its also great fun applying it and everyone in my street was looking at me like "what the hell are you doing" :D plus it smells of lush cherry! ;)

Ive ordered loads for this car;

Dodo juice wookie fist,

Dodo juice microfibre wheel mit,

Dod juice microfibre drying towel,

Dodo juice finger wax applicators,

Dodo juice banana armour wax,

Dodo juice hard wax,

Dodo juice spin doctor pro rotory machine polisher,

3m polish set and polishing pads (for the machine)

Poorboys black hole glaze,

Poorboys ex1 sealant,

Poorboys wheel sealant,

Two clear 20ltr buckets with stone guards,

Autosol g101 APC,

Autosol tardis,

Bilberry wheel cleaner,

Cherry Snow Foam,

Snow foam lance,

Autoglym tyre dressing,

Autoglym plastic conditioner,

And loads of little things like foam applicator pads, wheel brushes, microfibre buffing towels etc etc....

That little lot has cost me an absolute fortune, well i counted up to £400 and proceeded to spend more and not count it :lol:

Shell be ULTRA clean when im finished with it :D

Re the wheels: I would love to paint the 17" TTE alloys white as i absolutely love red cars with white wheels, but ill devalue them in the process. Plus they are in such good condition that they really dont warrent a respray yet either :(

Yeah you don't want to ruin the wheels, keep them OEM :-)

Plus that's a lot of stuff you have bought :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well had a bit of a sh*t weekend. Went to meet a girl from work (;)) and with in 20mins of picking her up the passanger side wind deflector fell off when she opened the window. Would have been alright if i wasnt doing motorway speeds and if it hadnt fallen into the path of a artic lorry who smashed it to a million pieces :lol: so ive had to remove the drivers one. I prob wont replace these as they wernt a brilliant fit TBH and i kind of like them off the car now.

Next up was i pulled into a parking zone and completely missjudged the drop and raise of the pulling zone so preceeded to smash the front bumper on the floor at about 30mph. Needless to say no matter how well i had built the bumper, it was always going to smash itself and crack so well.....

B8B1356C-45E9-4D8C-BD19-0E757076B8EA-1108-0000016058E2CD80.jpg

8A0665CF-6B49-4240-9C79-24F7127B8DAC-1108-000001606491A28E.jpg

F846A771-C614-4C8E-AFD6-48F9C926191E-1108-000001606B35C347.jpg

Its not actually that bad but its a good job im not on any sort of lowering springs too! Im at the point that im at witts end with cars in general ATM.No matter how hard you try to keep something nice, something or someone always wants to have a pop at it. Fed up.com!

Even with this car doing 400miles a tank (40mpg) easily, im doing a tank in about 4/5 days atm which is costing me £300+ a month. Chopping the car in for a more modern diesel that im not bothered about it getting bashed or dinged is starting to eat away at my "petrol head" enthusiasm....

That's a bugger isn't it, !Removed! shame the bumper got cracked.

Maybe get a diesel for the week, and keep the Corolla for a Sunday treat ?

Think the cars telling me that it wants only oem parts fitted now as they were the only two non genuine parts fitted :rolleyes:

Thinking of doing exactly that and then going all out on the corolla. I have to move soon so am hoping to find a place with a better garage to allow me to do that first though ;)

Think the cars telling me that it wants only oem parts fitted now as they were the only two non genuine parts fitted :rolleyes:

Thinking of doing exactly that and then going all out on the corolla. I have to move soon so am hoping to find a place with a better garage to allow me to do that first though ;)

Damn the wind! Im thinking to do just that aswell with my rolla...i do crazy miles and I hate using it for them crazy miles!

Im not so bothered about putting the miles on mine as its at 157k now (:o) its more of the price of petrol atm. I can afford the juice, but can i justify spending over £300 a month on gogo juice? Not really.

Currently looking at buying a stand alone garage in my local area. Have found one for a reasonable price (£5k) and its a decent size with metered electric so think im going to snap it up. Going to get a dirty nasty hatefull diesel for running about in and start the 4wd comversion ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Buy a corolla StarVan..xD

But with the 2.0 d4d engine...

That way you can have n economical diesel car that looks prety just like your SR...xD

In UK you must buy it for less than half we pay here in Portugal...

The SR has a fair few differences to the lower spec models and non of which have a sunroof, which is a must have for me ;) if i did get another E11 corolla it would be a white one.

If i were to buy a D4D it would be a E12 SR as well, there a really good looking car.

Petrols £1.40 per litre here ATM, what is it over there?

We have road TAX on our cars here too dont forget (my SRs £220 a year.... WTF!)

I said the E11 D4D because it's the same as the SR in design... xD

But the E12 D4D SR is really beautifull.

In a car club I'm in here in Portugal there's a member with a E12 TTE and it's really a nice car!

Why do you call them SR there? We call them TTE here.

In Portugal Petrol is at 1.79€ if I'm not wrong and diesel at 1.55€ per litre. Really expensive.

Here in Portugal we only have to pay for the assurance, inspection and the car tax by year.

It's more expensive to have a car there. The assurance and the tax is more expensive there than here.

I only pay 34€ per year for the road tax. But my father has a 1.8 petrol laguna and he pays 180€ per year for the tax.

Mate, I sent you a PM about the grill.

Cheers

See petrol compared to £ to € ratio works out the same. Diesels alot more expensive here :o

Toyota never called any of there cars TTE world wide. TTE was a "tunning brand" that supplied aftermarket oem parts so no car was a TTE edition. The SR was called a G6 in other european countrys, i guess toyota here called it the SR at the time as that was there highest spec line at the time. Plus the prefacelift G6 was a 1.3, the G6R being a limmited 1.6 so it made sense to call this model the SR.

The SR has alot of differences to other corolla models. It has a different firewall for the 2 point strut brace and the arches are flared more. It also sports a very different interior with red dials. It also has different spring rates, a 25mm front anti roll bar and a 18mm levin BZR rear anti roll bar. It also had disc brakes at the rear. Plus lots of little difference in spec compared to the other models in the range.

Im still desperate to get my hands on a genuine TTE front lip for my car, if i get one the corolla most definately will NOT leave my possession ;)

How much is the diesel over there?!

Yes I know, but when refering to the SR version of the E12 we call it TTE because it comes with the full TTE pack.

The E11 we call it G6 for the 1.3 or 1.4vvti and G6R for the 1.6.

Yup... Lots of differences. But It had to be different... It's the top model soo... ;)

Steven, don't sell the corolla... It's the most awsome corolla I've seen so far and it wold be a shame if you invested so much on it and then sell it...

But of course if it's a necesity then there's no other option. But if you get an E12 It's also a damn good car... Afterall it's a Toyota... ;)

Went to toyota to pick up some parts today and they had 3 of these beauties in, a white one, black and blue. the white one was the nicest there but i would like to see a red one ;)

72F33EB0-CEDA-49AA-B74C-87B4BB5B5768-5680-00000973259645C8.jpg

Spent ages talking to the sales guy about it as i absolutely love them. I couldnt afford one now but well see what sort of price they are in 3 years time ;)

The interior pannels were always abit rattly over rough roads and there was an annoying squeek coming from the drivers door card that i couldnt put up with any longer.

So i poped to my local BMW dealer, yes you read right... And bought 50 of these bad boys to solve the problem ;)

E3CC86AE-0DDE-492C-9998-AA0794F6DEE3-5797-0000098FC81F1F90.jpg

7B389842-DE41-4ABE-B74B-766CA6B7B330-5797-000009904E23BB4D.jpg

There standard BMW foam backed trim clips ;) all the expensive cars like bmw/mercs/audis use them as they stop the interior pannels moving and squeeking against the metal pannels there held up against. I think i paid about £25 for all 40. So pulled the whole interior out and replaced everyone with one of these.

Cars as quite as a mouse now. No more annoying rattles or squeeks to annoy me anymore :D

Other than that now the cars getting some 1zz parts;

inlet manifold,

throttlebody,

Fuel rail,

And injectors to bump up the power alittle bit. Should be here next week.

Then new tyres for the 17s i have and a set of cheepo 40mm lowing springs and im done with it untill it blows up :roll:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the time had come....

All four firestones on the 15s were getting to about 2mm so i had to replace the lot.

As i didnt fancy spending £100 a tyre for the 17s i did abit of searching and ended up buying some tyres that are branded autogaurd. Never heard of these but the reviews on the internet werent all that bad so i thought why not. I picked up the four in 215/45/17 size for £197 fitted :)

Anyway, went to fit them to the car and the fronts went on straight away fine, the rears... Well... They touched the lower suspension cup... Fitted a 5mm spacer and they just cleared but obviously theyve pushed the wheels out further. With me, a friend and 4 15s in the boot it was catching the arch over bigish bumps, with the 15s out of the car i have to hit a big drop or bump at speed to get it to catch. So thats having people in the back gone out of the window :rolleyes:

Anyway, excuse the pictures it was raining and cold :lol:

0B8A3433-580D-4C98-80AD-DBE2FC1D8FE6-804-00000136F023B595.jpg

4F7E4C90-7DD3-4E19-86BC-DF81E41FEDF2-804-00000136FE925C82.jpg

6F25DC44-AD16-402C-9AD5-8BD0D64C9A7E-804-000001370C7737DF.jpg

D03BF034-B6D3-4A3F-B8F4-AB0B00041D43-804-000001371F7E5A00.jpg

B0D86315-552C-4536-AEFD-5E44F370EE23-804-0000013724D12003.jpg

D74071EE-7C82-4A28-BB7D-44A6DE0DB3D5-804-000001372A5F1230.jpg

B49B300F-E176-4A19-A2B1-A42D2F92EA1C-804-000001371329C268.jpg

034AE670-9288-4FCC-A9AE-E938B393891C-804-000001371968AA80.jpg

:D

Looking mighty as always :D

I really like those wheels.. well done.

Looking mighty as always :D

I really like those wheels.. well done.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

There so easy to keep clean compared to the 15s... Which were a nightmare :lol:

Slam it slam it slam it!!

Id love too, but im getting AWFULLY tempted by a E12 compressor.....

... Fitted a 5mm spacer and they just cleared but obviously theyve pushed the wheels out further. With me, a friend and 4 15s in the boot it was catching the arch over bigish bumps, with the 15s out of the car i have to hit a big drop or bump at speed to get it to catch. So thats having people in the back gone out of the window :rolleyes:

Steve, I had the same problem with my rear Rays rims scrapping the Cusco coilovers. I managed to get 3mm spacers from Co-ordSport who supplied me with the rims and suspension. They did the trick for me - might work for you.

John