Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My '00 Facelift Corolla Sr Vvti

Steven252

Anyone attempted a engine swop to the 2zz-ge

most people go for the blacktop swap

you will need quite alot of parts to do a succsesfull 2z swap, gearbox, axels, fuelpump, ecu, harness e.c.t.

an alternative could be to go down the same road as madvinnegear has done, stroke the 3zz engine to 1.8L with 1zz-fe parts

then you would get maybe 150hp but all your serial numbers would still match as you just swap out the internals of the engine.

the 3zz-fe and 1zz-fe is the same engine just with different stroke, manifoil and injctors

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

• EXS

Top Posters In This Topic

i bougth mine from pakfeifer

here it is from a danish site

http://www.astina.dk/eksterioer/toyota-corolla-e11-pakfeifer-haekspoiler-p-1992.html?cPath=47_251_409

not shure if the have a english version of the site

the price is 1700 dkk just for the spoiler? ouch, thats nearly 200 gdp for it plus P&P on top to the uk, plus then fitting and painting. it is SERIOUSLY nice though, cant stop looking at your car with the white wheels ;)

what was the fitment like? did it need much trimming or modifications to fit so well?

Anyone attempted a engine swop to the 2zz-ge

most people go for the blacktop swap

you will need quite alot of parts to do a succsesfull 2z swap, gearbox, axels, fuelpump, ecu, harness e.c.t.

an alternative could be to go down the same road as madvinnegear has done, stroke the 3zz engine to 1.8L with 1zz-fe parts

then you would get maybe 150hp but all your serial numbers would still match as you just swap out the internals of the engine.

the 3zz-fe and 1zz-fe is the same engine just with different stroke, manifoil and injctors

sticking an older 4age engine in is out of the question for me. plus i want to keep the 6 gears ;)

strokering the 3zz sounds like another viable option, sounds like what us "rover" boys do to the 1.4's to make them 1.8's. i take it i'd require the 1zz crank, pistons and rods? does the 1zz crank still bolt uo to the 3zz flywheel so i could still use my standard gearbox and clutch? heads the same?

re the management side, are the toyota ecus self learning or can i remap the standard toyota ecu? dont fancy running a piggy back or aftermarket due to the costs involved. is there a build thread on this car as my searches are coming up cold

a whole 2zz engine swop isnt a challenging task for me either, ive already performed them on other makes. i take it id need;

engine with all ancillaries, gearbox, hubs, shafts, wiring loom, ecu and subframes? is the loom a plug and play affair to the dash or would i have to splice the wires to make it work? ive read up about the celica 140 to 190 engine conversions, so im guessing it would be very similar to doing a 3zz to 2zz conversion as there essentially the same engine?

id be happy with the stroked option, but seeing as i would have to drop the engine out anyway i might as well go the whole hog and fit a 2zz in.

The main point that makes me want to do it is; ive never seen another facelift hatchback let alone an SR so love the exclusivity of owning one.

This.

This is why you keep it. Why be a 'Sheep' and do what the crowd does? Be different, it's better. You can have all the horsepower in the world, but if you can't put it down or use it, there's no point. And even if you can use it, if you look like a clone, wheres the challenge and enjoyment.

check out this tread regarding stroking the 3zz

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=114548

about the wing, the fitment was great and it was pretty much ready for paint when i got it, but keep in mind that it`s pretty big ;) but i think it flows really well with the roofline

btw... you got the blactop in JDM cars up to 1998 i think with a 6 speed gearbox

I doubt you'd pick up a TTE rear spoiler (second hand) for less than £200 these days. I know I wouldn't sell mine for that as I've never seen another one for sale so £200 + postage would be a good option if you wanted 'the look'.

Agreed with the performance issue. It's a shame there wasn't a 150BHP version put out, that would have been perfect...

I doubt you'd pick up a TTE rear spoiler (second hand) for less than £200 these days. I know I wouldn't sell mine for that as I've never seen another one for sale so £200 + postage would be a good option if you wanted 'the look'.

Agreed with the performance issue. It's a shame there wasn't a 150BHP version put out, that would have been perfect...

You only get what you pay for, an old adage, but oh so true. TTE parts are the real deal made with TUV Approval (All parts came with official Certification paperwork within the packaging, often running to several pages even for small parts). They look right, fit right and last.

As for the performance issue, I agree that it would have been great if Toyota GB had marketed a 'hot' hatch version rather than a 'warm' one, but thats where the market was at the time and their sales demographic decreed otherwise.

I get frustrated sometimes with the lack of grunt, but at other times it surprises me at how swift and entertaining it can be.

Does anyone know what model of wheels are on this car? Are they 15" wheels? Cheers!

I'm sure they are 15" alloys, remember them from my days selling them. I'm sure Parts King can check his Accessory system to confirm the model as the name escapes me for the time being.

sorry for the late replies, ive been doing 16 hour night/day shifts at work in order to kick start the body plans i have for the car. seems like theres not enough hours in the day atm.

The main point that makes me want to do it is; ive never seen another facelift hatchback let alone an SR so love the exclusivity of owning one.

This.

This is why you keep it. Why be a 'Sheep' and do what the crowd does? Be different, it's better. You can have all the horsepower in the world, but if you can't put it down or use it, there's no point. And even if you can use it, if you look like a clone, wheres the challenge and enjoyment.

exactly why i want to keep the little SR ;)

check out this tread regarding stroking the 3zz

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=114548

about the wing, the fitment was great and it was pretty much ready for paint when i got it, but keep in mind that it`s pretty big ;) but i think it flows really well with the roofline

btw... you got the blactop in JDM cars up to 1998 i think with a 6 speed gearbox

big = better :) im the type of person with engines that if it "aint broke dont fix it" ive been reading up loads on engine swops for this car, the 4x4 conversion both sonur and fensport have done may see the engine plans change direction somewhat. ive got plenty of time to gather bits as this ones still got a fair few miles in it yet :)

150bhp would have at least put it on bar with all the fiesta ST's mummy and daddy have bought for their kids around here. i know what your saying aout the price but when its nearly a weeks wages to me it does seam a little steep.

Does anyone know what model of wheels are on this car? Are they 15" wheels? Cheers!

the alloys are indeed 15" ive had a look in my accessory book

61b9e7ca.jpg

5c2e9998.jpg

there not listed, and on the second page the only option which isnt pictured is the tiago alloys so im assuming its them. i havent seen another one wearing these shoes yet....

whilst i had the service book out it would have been rude not to show the service stamps or the 30+ invoices i have for the car.

53903305.jpg

63eaf6b7.jpg

shes quite obviously was the last owners baby and shes mine too. however im in a situation of, what to do now? i service and repair ALL my own cars, but it seems a shame for it not to get stamped in the book, especially as it is all done to date. i have got a friend who will stamp the book for me with a local garage name he owns but then it wont display toyota on it. i really just want to avoid the dealer cost as its bad enough doing it yourself.... shes due one in 3k and i REALLY dont know what to do...

i finally got around to spraying the inside of the broken indicator to just get an idea of what it looks like, to see wether it was worth trying again with another set.

i used dark grey paint for the time being as didnt have any black to hand.

2a2d41d3.jpg

broken case glued back together and on the car

01f1cfc3.jpg

1434fcee.jpg

4b62e817.jpg

586b3a68.jpg

im not too fussed on how they've come out to be honest. my friends got half a tin of black spray i can borrow to see if its because of the grey not making it look as "crisp" as the headlights are. personally i think its because the indicators are not glass like the headlights and because they have the ridges in them, it distorts the colour. i think thats one modification ill leave be.

anyway ive ordered my replica front TTE splitter, so that should be going on as soon as its painted. i dont like the TTE side skirts so im looking at these instead

e0c8be0f.jpg

to go with this rear bumper

bc5c5658.jpg

ive seen these skirts that i realy like but theres nothing ive seen to match it at the rear... any suggestions? whats the name of them?

7350d207.jpg

they look like e10 skirts

thank you :thumbsup: didnt realise they will fit. im going to search for something to match at the rear as i really like the look they give :)

as im not one to give up on a modification i think that will look great, ive got in touch with a company that does vacuum forming. im going to make some moulds up of the indicator lenses so i can remove the "ridges" and have a crystal clear lense like the glass headlights. i feel that this will then pull off the "blacked out" insert look im looking for :)

i believe the standard indicator lense is made from 2.5mm plastic so that will be my starting point, having both 2 and 3 mm made up to see which fits best :)

Hi Welcome to the SR club.

Here's my little baby, with Genuine TTE kit on it.

DSCF3126.jpg

DSCF3110.jpg

DSCF3115.jpg

DSCF3112.jpg

She's done a few less miles than your's (109k) but I only seem to get 37 mpg, so you must have been driving steady to get 46 Mpg.

Shell average 46-48mpg on a good run at 50/60 mph no problem. Funnily enough Its currently sat on 39mpg on this tank, but i have been giving it a lot of right foot lately and not caring about mpg lol. General drivings about 42.

I love the TTE front bumper :thumsup: ive ordered the replica for mine as chances of getting hold of an original is sooo slim i cba looking all the time for one to pop up. im still unsure about the TTE side skirts, although it looks ALOT better than with non at all!

Just to add, is she sitting on TTE springs as the ride height and stance is exactly where id like to get mine :thumbsup:

Just to add, is she sitting on TTE springs as the ride height and stance is exactly where id like to get mine :thumbsup:

Yep -35mm TTE Springs. You don't want it any lower, speed humps are a pain as it is.

I'm still not sure how you get 40+Mpg unless it's all B road stuff, I do 23 miles each way on an A road @ about 70mph and only get 37 mpg.

So in the last week or so I've found out my car is 1 second too slow down the drag strip and down 5 Mpg too.

Nope even worse i do a 20 mile comute to work 10 miles at 50mph with some stops (rounderbouts) and then another 10miles stop starting at 30mph.

Motorway at 70 is about 40-42.

When was it last serviced and does it have a full history?

Also from reading your other thread you state your speedo is over reading. If this is the case your mpg is going to be lower than what its displaying. Deffenatly something not right

• 3 weeks later...

right, time for a bit of an update. finally got around to ordering/fitting my silvertec indicator bulbs.

d2a06fb7.jpg

ed934553.jpg

fitted a set of team heko smoked wind deflectors (one of the BEST mods so far in terms of comfort) - the windows will be tinted soon to match.

7ee77caf.jpg

and fitted my HID kit with 6k bulbs. one side done,

60fb5b3c.jpg

8a516515.jpg

both fitted

49d0c0d9.jpg

only for one of the ballasts to give up on me a couple of days later :( i'd put this down to the mains flashing the dipped at the same time which they really dont like. however after spending days of staring at wiring diagrams, i can not find a simple way of sorting this out. so im looking at a HID kit that is more resilient to the flash of the main beams and not some cheep chinese kit that these were

so for the mean time i fitted a set of yellow 100w 9006's just to get me going. one yellow one and one HID

af89eab1.jpg

1d575eb2.jpg

AND now to my FAVOURITE bit. ive ordered some new parts that turned up 2 weeks ago however i havent had time to see if they fitted.

the first being a fk performance front splitter (supplied by www. typer-kits. com) and i was abit dubious of the fit, as bodykits ive fitted before NEVER fit as they should and need loads of messing about/choppoing to get them right. this is the FIRST thats literally fitted straight onto the car with a lovely snug fit and it fits perfect. so top marks from me :thumbsup:

be8d4035.jpg

a quick picture of the yellow bulbs both in operation. ill get some dark photos soon.

2df8f68a.jpg

the next part to arrive was my 92-97 E10 corolla side skirts that i had seen on a E11 (the green one earlier in this thread)

95eb1403.jpg

now as expected these do not fit at all, the only thing right with them is the length. however in all honesty it wont take much chopping and re fibre glassing to make fit. something i can do with my week off at the end of November.

now this leaves the rear of the car left empty. there is nothing i can find corolla related to tie the two together. so after a little searching for "rear splitter" on the bay of E i found my solution, however this hasnt turned up yet, so theres no picture of it as of yet :rolleyes: so youll have to wait and see what its come off but it has all the lines there ready to match the front-side-rear up ;)

also after alittle bit of thinking and proding around with a paper clip, ive finally got my fog lights to work with the main beams. this only works when the lights are switched onto dipped, so not making it an MOT fail. ive used a one way resister so that the fog lights remain indipendent of the mains :thumbsup:

f82263c1.jpg

much better for the country lanes i drive down :D and doesnt blind everyone with the fogs remaining on when i switch mains off. my next couple of purchases will be, having the windows tinting to match the wind deflectors, a pakfier rear wing and a set of 40mm lowering springs. then ive got everything i wanted to do bodywork wise all ive to do is modify and spray them up which ill do both. also once the tyres are at the legal limit ill chuck a set of steelies on so i can refurb the wheels myself, in audi ibis white ;)

I'm really liking your mods, love the little chin spoiler for the front :thumbsup:

thanks, cant wait to fit it :)

another little update, the drivers side door had started to peal a little in the middle (about 3 inches or so) and i got fed up of using a card to slot it back in. so i decided to peal the whole lot back with said credit card

a677c7e7.jpg

uses some strong glue, applying it in the very edge of the door card so not to get on the material. i left it for 10 mins so it also went sticky and didnt soak up into the material, thus bonding the very edge to the lip.

f633c1c8.jpg

dont know why theres a white patch showing in the photos, its definitely not there at all so must have been the light or my iPhone playing silly bugger.

the next thing i did was remove the rear wiper arm and motor. i HATE these with a passion and the original idea was to weld up the hole when i have/had the car resprayed, but im not going to bother now doing that now (would cost more than i payed for the car for a decent job!) i got myself a chrome tap plug from b&q and fitted it in. im not sure on this still, as im not a "blingy" kind of person but it does match the badges. so dont know if i should colour code it or leave it be?

1d6f8d1a.jpg

and a quick pic of the 100w yellow dipped beam bulbs in the dark :)

57188571.jpg

comments welcome as always :)

Excellent work!

This car looks great - I saw this for sale after my mint G6 got written off a month or so back :'( (got a Yaris T Sport now)

It looked very well looked after despite the mileage so glad it's been picked up by someone who wants to treasure it!

Also - great news about the fkperformance splitter fitting - I bought a replica tte wing from them which was way off and they said it was perfect - had a right hoo hah getting my money back!

Keep the updates coming :)

Thanks for the kind words ben, i had been looking at these for a little while and i only went to have a "nose" amd it was in that good condition for such a good price it was sold as soon as i saw it in the flesh ;)

Could you remove/edit youre post as im currently the highest bidder, notice that this morning :thumbsup: