• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • First Name:Steven
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: 2000 'rolla sr vvti
  • Year: 2000
Contributor

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Went to Japfest 2 at donnington yesterday, was abit worried about the weather and flooding as it was a 6 hour 400mile round trip for us. The car got there faultlessly (didnt expect anything less tbh) and returned 40mpg even with me doing a steady 80 on the motorway. The weather was absolutely fantastic and the show was the best ive ever been too :D

Paid 10 to have a passanger ride in a D1 drift car, my partner got the white japspeed s13 while i got the black R32 skyline.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

What an experience it was as these guys really do push the cars! It was well worth the 3 hour wait and is a memery i shall cherrish for a long time :D

We also paid 10 for a passanger ride in a fwd rally sukuzi swift that went around on a gravel curcuit on the infield of the main curcuit - this was great fun too!
Posted Image

The show was amazing, some real nice cars out on track - alot more selection and were a hell of a lot faster than the ones that go on track at combe. There was a red pulsar GTI-R that had a HUGE turbo on it and boy was it loud, sounding like a plane taking off when it came on boost. There was loads of turbo civics and some big power starlets/glanzas battling out on track and it was great fun to watch. I will deffenately be going again next year!

Bought a photo of my car from the stand as it was taken at the entrance. Wish i washed it before going but the weathers been so poor i havent been able too :(
Posted Image

Still came out ok though :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#262 Steven252

Steven252

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

After stripping down the drivers seat i wasnt really happy with the condition of the foam, plus getting two new headrests would have cost me the same as getting two full seats, so i did just that.

Picked up a set of perfect mk2 mr2 cloth seats for 30 that were a 2minute drive away.
Posted Image

Stripped the top cover off to make sure the drivers bolster was fine - which it was
Posted Image

Also managed to get a spare 17" TTE alloy with 4 spare TTE centre caps from a G6R that had been involved in a heavy front accident. The other 3 alloys were mangled in the crash unfortently. These came all the way from hungry :o
Posted Image

The wheels had some bad kerbing done to it but as a spare that will spend most of its life in the boot im really not bothered. I did however manage to get the sideskirts off it too as these survived, but havent turned up yet. The seat belts were cut to free the passangers :(

Got other parts lined up (no TTE bit yet tho :() ill post them up as they arrive :)

#263 Steven252

Steven252

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Contributor

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Red G6R sideskirts turned up all the way for hungry :D got them fitted and gave the car a clean :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

How much better does that look?! :D

One for the yellow JDM fog light lovers ;)
Posted Image

#264 phatali

phatali

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • First Name:Ali
  • Toyota Model: E11 1.6 VVT-I Sr

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

Ohhhh yess. Looking good dude. I need a driver side fog so i can do jdm yellow too! Just noticed the wind deflectors sweeet.

#265 Steven252

Steven252

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Ohhhh yess. Looking good dude. I need a driver side fog so i can do jdm yellow too! Just noticed the wind deflectors sweeet.

Smashed is it? There damn expensive to replace and so hard to get old of second hand! I had to buy a complete set to replace my cracked passanger one as it bugged me :rolleyes:

Ive got kobo 100w yellow bulbs for all my driving lights (dipped, main and fogs) they look stunning at night. Its a shame that my camrea doesnt show how yellow they are in real life :/

Yes the wind deflectors were one of the first things i put on the car when i got it, there team heko ones. Great for having the window open on the motorway as its silent, no masses of wind noise ;)

#266 phatali

phatali

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • First Name:Ali
  • Toyota Model: E11 1.6 VVT-I Sr

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

Yea some how smashed it. Tell me about it i cant find any second hand! I think wind deflectors are next on my list......if i can get my digital speedo working and ticked off the list first! Hehe!

#267 Steven252

Steven252

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

Another "HUGE" part to the 3sgte conversion

Posted Image

complete with braided hoses and new pads ;)

#268 Steven252

Steven252

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Met kev off here to get a TRD 3 point strut brace. Nice meeting you mate, have some serious thinking to do about where i want to go with the car after our conversation!

Anyway, standard SR TTE one vs the TRD one
Posted Image

And fitted to the car
Posted Image

Also got a black leather with red stitching cover for the centre console
Posted Image

Not a perfect match to the SR gear gaitor but its damn close :)

#269 EXS

EXS

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Toyota Model: Corolla G6(R)

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

4 piston calipers :) aftermarked ones?

#270 Steven252

Steven252

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image

Big clue written one the face of them ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users