Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2000 Rav4.2 Fm Antenna Amp A20

Joylove

Hi

Has anyone here seen the fm antenna amp? Supposedly located behind the radio? I wanted to learn a bit about it, ideally if you have any pictures, with a view to making an FM splitter for a GPS TMC receiver. Thanks.

Sorry - having stripped out number 1 RAV, the first version mustn't have one !

You can access that part of the dash easily by removing one or two plastic shrouds held by a couple of scres.

Yep was hoping the do everything in one go, car kit, cd changer, aux, FM TMC, stripping out the dash once, so was hoping for a pic or description. Thanks though.

when i installed the gps antenna i found a red cable going to the fm antenna so i think the amp is in the fm antenna base :unsure:

gps-antenna.jpg

Thanks Bitman and Bothwell_buyer.

The schematic I have is wrong, there is no A20 amplifier behind the binnacle. There is a DIN and power lead that go from the radio to a second DIN and power connector just behind the bonnet release (RHD car). These disappear up a tube to the roof at the A pillar.

Hence as Bitman says above the FM amp must be in the antenna base; best place for it :D :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links