Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Permanent Live To Cig Lighter Socket

El Bee

I'd have thought this would have been asked before but I can't find anything using search the forum :(

I'd like to have the cigarette lighter socket(s) on a 2011 RAV4 permanently live, I know I could run a wire from the Battery but there's often a neat solution "connect the blue and purple wire in the LH fuse box to the green and orange one" type of thing. I'm not that good with wiring diagrams and multimeters to be honest.

Anybody know a solution?

Thanks in advance

Lee B

I'd have thought this would have been asked before but I can't find anything using search the forum :(

I'd like to have the cigarette lighter socket(s) on a 2011 RAV4 permanently live, I know I could run a wire from the battery but there's often a neat solution "connect the blue and purple wire in the LH fuse box to the green and orange one" type of thing. I'm not that good with wiring diagrams and multimeters to be honest.

Anybody know a solution?

Thanks in advance

Lee B

Quite right Lee, this one has been asked before.

Have a look at this thread:Ciggy lighter

When searching in future, try using Google - it's often more efficient than the forum search :thumbsup:

Quite right Lee, this one has been asked before.

Have a look at this thread:Ciggy lighter

When searching in future, try using Google - it's often more efficient than the forum search :thumbsup:

Cheers Dave, yer a star, relay butchery will commence tomorrow!

It's not important where I get the 12v, it's actually to keep a small hand held marine vhf charged up, it has 5 x 1.2v rechargeable AAs inside and it only came with a 12v (no 240v) charger!

ATB Lee

Here's how I did it:

Make 12V outlets unswitched

That's it sorted thanks for the clear instructions with pictures :toast:

If it's of any interest mine has 4 blue relays where James' pictures showed 3, and they are a bit fiddly to get too, I used long nosed pliers to pull the relay out which made the job pretty easy.

The cover comes off the relay, I looked inside to see if I could short the pins internally but it all looked a bit delicate. I did think of putting a small copper washer between the relay contacts, maybe with a bit of silicone to the side so it couldn't move - would that have worked?

No lamposts were broken as a result of this modification :rolleyes:

Lee

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links