Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Pads

J4MRU

I have just changed the discs and pads on the front of my RAV4.

I purchased Allied Nippon pads and when i came to fit them they appeared to be a bit tight in the carriers when fitted with the support clips. (as in couldnt get them in!!)

My question is.... Are the Allied Nippon pads designed to be fitted without the support clips?

I have build the brake assembly back up minus the clips but I wont be driving it until I can find this out.

Are there any drawings of the brake assembly? Although its a very easy job to do I have noticed a distinct lack of literature for the RAV4 (and other toyotas) I also own an Integra Type R and seem to be able to get my hands on so much stuff for that. Is this to do with Toyota copy writing all their publications etc??

Many Thanks

Jam

The pads should not go in without the clips. There are 3 different types of RAVs with 3 different brakes so unless you are prepared to share with us just which one you have, we can't help further.

It's a 2001 2.0 Gx (Long Wheel Base). Think that translates to a 4.2.

I thought the model would have came up on the <- left as i filled it in, my apologies.

Cheers

Jam

I thought the model would have came up on the <- left as i filled it in, my apologies.

Cheers

Jam

Take care J4....dead easy to THINK you have paired the pads up on a 4.2....I did the same very recently, and it looked like I had sided/paired them, but could not get the gubbers to fit. They look extra eemly similar, but are not, and as our ageing brake expert has hinted, if the clippy bits don't fit, there's something wrong.....

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Thanks for that, helpful for orientation of the clips.

But i'm beginning to wonder why there was no shims fitted to the pads that were in...? :blink:

Cheers

Jam

Take care J4....dead easy to THINK you have paired the pads up on a 4.2....I did the same very recently, and it looked like I had sided/paired them, but could not get the gubbers to fit. They look extra eemly similar, but are not, and as our ageing brake expert has hinted, if the clippy bits don't fit, there's something wrong.....

Big Kev :thumbsup:

I think i'll nip down to toyota and get some shims and clips and just bang them in and check they are orientated/paired correctly, peace of mind i suppose!

Cheers Kev

Watch the sledge hammer disnae bounce aff the caliper. Could end up changing yer car intae a landrover speshul !