Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Run Flats - Helppppp

SMH13

Hello

At present my T180 is stranded at Kirkham Tyres who can't get the tyre off !

Toyota want £440 to replace the tyre and say they are the only ones that can do this!

Can I not just get a standard tyre (will have to replace both I know).

Help! Everytime I try and search on run flats on here an error comes up ! :help:

Thank You

Hello

At present my T180 is stranded at Kirkham Tyres who can't get the tyre off !

Toyota want £440 to replace the tyre and say they are the only ones that can do this!

Can I not just get a standard tyre (will have to replace both I know).

Help! Everytime I try and search on run flats on here an error comes up ! :help:

Thank You

Do they not have the proper machine for removing the Bridgestones?

If not, they should not have attempted to remove the tyre in the first place.

The tyre can always be cut off but the pressure sensor could be damaged. You can have the support rings removed and fit standard tyres - Big Kev has just gone through this and has retained the pressure warning system.

Thank You :thumbsup:

They have just ordered some yokohama geolanders and replace all of them - what a nightmare!

What would you recommend about a spare?

I note you are referring to "tyre" in the singular, SMH...SO AM I READING THIS CORRECTLY....TOYOTA WANTED £440.00 FOR ONE (1) BLOODY TYRE....?

If that is the case, you are due an explanation as to why so expensive for one tyre...? Has somebody relied on your gender = rip the widdle...? Excuse mild crudity....now you see why I and others have binned the FLUNRAT system.

Davrav correct, in that Kirkham Tyres should not have attempted to remove a totally non-standard alien to them tyre and inner ring set up, but in fairness, my local Kwik-Fit was adamant he could do the job on his usual machine....PANTS !!!!

Big (Nae Runflats Yipee) Kev :yahoo::angry: :angry:

Yep! Toyota said that they would not repair the tyre, but would replace it with a bridgstone . He also said that most likely the inner band would be broken so they would charge me £440 inc VAT and I could have a coutesy car thrown in ! :eek:

That,s total rip off. So it,s £400 for loan of car and £40 for the tyre!!!!!

Regards Clare :censor:

Send a pm to Big Kev. He will advise you.

Have been conversing eloquently with Stella, Anchs, and she bit the bullet even before my advice reached her, and changed the lot to Geolander Normals.....that girl is nae fool. :yahoo:

Big Kev

:!Removed!: im keeping out of this

If anyone wants to go over to the darkside there's a set of T180 support rings on e-bay at the moment...................

Be interesting to see if they sell.

:shutit: im keeping out of this

If anyone wants to go over to the darkside there's a set of T180 support rings on e-bay at the moment...................

I also know a tall thin teetotal Scotsman who is in possession of 4 of them beasties.....

Secret Kev :unsure:

:!Removed!: im keeping out of this

I also know a tall thin teetotal Scotsman who is in possession of 4 of them beasties.....

Secret Kev :unsure:

But I haven't removed them yet Kev ................... :yahoo: :yahoo:

Wee Charlie.