Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wanted. Set Of Wheels For 2006 Rav4

CharlieFarlie

I would like to buy a set of wheels for My Rav 4 T180.. In an ideal world I would like four T180 rims without tyres but that's fairly unlikely !.

If Anyone knows of a set of wheels in larger size say 17 or 18 inch or spots anything on eBay I would genuinely appreciate a tip off !!.

Anything sensible considered... Thanks in advance.

Wee Charlie.

Im looking at these wheels but in bright silver and hopefully in 18inch with Yokohama Geolander tyres.... Opinions please ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17-TOYOTA-RAV-4-06-ON-Canyon-ST-Alloy-Wheels-Tyres-/310336935375?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item484185d5cf#ht_5735wt_932

I got a spare for my T180 at a 4x4 place in Yorkshire. (im trying to find the link) Very nice wheel and very reasonable too and they had some lovely wheels other than the cheapo i got for a spare. i do like the look of those on E Bay mind, think i might grab a set myself. Depends what you want really I guess. I paid £2800 for 4 wheels for my Mustang and had import duty etc on top of all that lol.

Charlie, the seller is Wheelbase which are based in Oldham. They are a massive Tyre & Wheel retailer,and are usually red hot on their prices.I personally would try and get a set of Toyota OME Wheels as I am a stichler for looks and sometimes non-OME wheels don,t look the business. Example when I had my BMW X3 I didn,t like the 17" OME wheels so I bought a set of 4 19" OME wheels and tyres, they really did look good, trouble is when I traded my X3 for the U/C I kept the 19" ones and am still sat on them in our garage (not litrally).

Best of luck with your search,I would keep checking on E/Bay someone will have a set for sale!!!!

Regards Clare

You have posted the same eBay link twice mate thumbsup.gif

After looking at the OZ wheels for the 2nd time I think they are even more sexy than the 1st time I looked at them laughing.gif although I would be put off by budget tyres.

What are you doing with your original T180 wheels?

I got a spare for my T180 at a 4x4 place in Yorkshire. (im trying to find the link) Very nice wheel and very reasonable too and they had some lovely wheels other than the cheapo i got for a spare. i do like the look of those on E Bay mind, think i might grab a set myself. Depends what you want really I guess. I paid £2800 for 4 wheels for my Mustang and had import duty etc on top of all that lol.

Hi Wardude,

was it http://www.formula4.co.uk/ at Leeming Bar, just off the A1 near Catterick? I've used them on several occassions and found them very helpful. They have some brilliant winter mats: http://www.formula4.co.uk/toyota_rav4_rubber_mats_carpet_floor_footwell_protectors_mud_trays.html

You have posted the same ebay link twice mate thumbsup.gif

After looking at the OZ wheels for the 2nd time I think they are even more sexy than the 1st time I looked at them laughing.gif although I would be put off by budget tyres.

I bought a set of Catanias from Performance Alloys for winter tyres for my T180.

They are exact replicas of the T180s, so you could use any one from your other set as an emergency spare.

Depends what you want them for - change of style? Or if you want winter tyres, you should drop down a size, like BlueVortex's setup.

I bought a set of Catanias from Performance Alloys for winter tyres for my T180.

They are exact replicas of the T180s, so you could use any one from your other set as an emergency spare.

Depends what you want them for - change of style? Or if you want winter tyres, you should drop down a size, like BlueVortex's setup.

Thanks for that link !! Superb... I may well go that route as I can get My own tyres at a cracking price...

How good is the quality of these wheels ?? How are they holding up to usage and the elements ??.

My reason for change is simply to get shot of the Runflat system...

I realise I can cut off or have the existing tyres removed and replace with normal ones but My reasons for not doing this are.

A I have four almost new tyres on My existing wheels that were fitted by the previous owner.

B Yes of course its more expense or initial outlay but say I keep the car for the 14 months its going to take before the Range Rover Evoque becomes available I can the refit the old set which will keep the next Dealer/Owner happy and sell the new set so its not that bad ??.

My plan is to have the pink wire that feeds the TPMS light switched so I can easily return to standard.. I can do this Myself anyway...

Wee Charlie.

Hi Wardude,

was it http://www.formula4.co.uk/ at Leeming Bar, just off the A1 near Catterick? I've used them on several occassions and found them very helpful. They have some brilliant winter mats: http://www.formula4.co.uk/toyota_rav4_rubber_mats_carpet_floor_footwell_protectors_mud_trays.html

thats Them mate

Thanks for that link !! Superb... I may well go that route as I can get My own tyres at a cracking price...

Wee Charlie.

They don't come with the Toyota centre cap, they come with a blank cap and some very cra**y looking WSP Italy stickers to fix on. Should be able to swap over Toyota caps though.

They came with wheel nuts (no locking nuts).

And no support ring :thumbsup:

Thanks Mate Link corrected....

I will keep them most likely.. There can be problems come selling time or trading in if the car is not as it left the factory....

Right royal pain in the arris to store though !!!

Wee Charlie.

Wee Charlie.

They don't come with the Toyota centre cap, they come with a blank cap and some very cra**y looking WSP Italy stickers to fix on. Should be able to swap over Toyota caps though.

They came with wheel nuts (no locking nuts).

And no support ring :thumbsup:

Thanks Mate !! How was the quality ?? How did they stand up to general use and the elements ?? TIA.

Wee Charlie.

Thanks Mate !! How was the quality ?? How did they stand up to general use and the elements ?? TIA.

Wee Charlie.

I only had them for 4 months! Put brand new Continental ContiCrossContact Winters on them and ran them through winter.

Then come April I had got tired of the runflats debacle and the clunky 1st to 2nd gear change and sold my T180 after 3 years usage.

Tyres and wheels probably cost me nearly £1500, but gave them away in the sale...

The Catanias were fine for the short time I had them. I liked the T180s OEM wheels and the Catania because they are relatively simple design and easy to keep clean.

I did first think the Catania were brighter than the OEM - but once on the car, no real difference.

Wee Charlie.

I only had them for 4 months! Put brand new Continental ContiCrossContact Winters on them and ran them through winter.

Then come April I had got tired of the runflats debacle and the clunky 1st to 2nd gear change and sold my T180 after 3 years usage.

Tyres and wheels probably cost me nearly £1500, but gave them away in the sale...

The Catanias were fine for the short time I had them. I liked the T180s OEM wheels and the Catania because they are relatively simple design and easy to keep clean.

I did first think the Catania were brighter than the OEM - but once on the car, no real difference.

Thanks.

Wee Charlie.

Wee Charlie.

Thanks.

Wee Charlie.

Charlie, you planning a new range rover then?

Wee Charlie.

Thanks.

Wee Charlie.

Charlie, you planning a new range rover then?

Yes Mate . The waiting list is currently 14 months. I can get one sooner but I refuse to pay a 4 grand plus premium over list price to get one. I have put My name on the list but on the understanding that I do not pay a deposit until 3 months before the build date which is about 4 months before delivery. I will the re evaluate the position at the time as its possible that by then ex Demonstrators or nearly new ones will be available to buy ... This is what I did when I bought My XFS.

I really do like the Rav but as I've said before My wife is partly disabled and is getting a little worse each year so I guess by then an automatic will become very necessary . Till then I will continue to enjoy both the Rav and the Jag..

Rav4andCastleSepember2011032.jpg

070.jpg

I saw one driving out of McRae and ***** in Inverness only yesterday. It was White and looked blooming lovely! What is the view out the back like though? Looked very restricted to me? The driver (which I presume was a salesman) had a huge grin on his face! They are currently redesigning the Landrover garage just up from my office, I presume for the launch of the Evoque, it's all covered in black privacy curtains so I'm guessing they are prepping the showroom! Nice looking car, bet you can't wait!

Blue

I saw one driving out of McRae and ***** in Inverness only yesterday. It was White and looked blooming lovely! What is the view out the back like though? Looked very restricted to me? The driver (which I presume was a salesman) had a huge grin on his face! They are currently redesigning the Landrover garage just up from my office, I presume for the launch of the Evoque, it's all covered in black privacy curtains so I'm guessing they are prepping the showroom! Nice looking car, bet you can't wait!

Blue

Had a sit in one yesterday. All very nice with all the toys at £45K :eek:

Didn't drive it but driving position felt very hemmed in with huge centre console running between front seats. Seemed very low having just got straight out of the RAV. Vis wasn't great except upwards as it had the glass roof.

Couldn't locate a spare wheel anywhere either.

Styling looked really cool though :thumbsup: