Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Indicator Light On 00 Solara

michellala

Hi, I am new to this forum and not really sure if I'm posting my topic in the right place but I'll go ahead anyway.

I bought my Solara a few months ago used with about 27000 miles on it. I love this car to death. However, today after taking it for a short ride to just get some gas and food the engine indicator light went on.

I read up on the problem in the manual and it says that can happen when the fuel tank cap is not tightened securely enough which could be the reason my light went on. I went ahead and tightened the cap but the light was still on. I read further and it said that it takes a few drives for the light to eventually go off, if it doesn't than I should take it to a dealer.

Does anyone know more about why my light went on?

Has anyone had this problem as well?

Thank you in Advance to those who respond!

First of all, welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

But I'm afraid I'm going to let you down for the reply - I have no idea about your light. Is it still showing? :blink:

it may nbot sense it and reset so try removing the +ve Battery terminal or disconnect the ECU to reset it??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links