Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Lifespan

Uncle_P

Mornin' all.

Some of you chaps have Ravs with big milages on them, so I'm presuming you're not on the original clutch. How long did the original last? Also, what did it cost to replace? Mine's a 4.2 petrol, but it be interesting to hear how all models have faired.

Does the fact that the 4.2 is full time four wheel drive mean the clutch takes more of a hammering? I'd always thought it was just front wheel drive with the rears only kicking in when the front started to slip, but having read a recent post here, this doesn't seems to be the case.

Anyhoo.. how long did your clutch last?

B)

On my 4.1 versions, 60k to 80k for a clutch is my experience...altho I did only get less than 2000mls from 1 clutch on number 1 due to cooking it on the drag strip :lol: :lol:

On my 4.1 versions, 60k to 80k for a clutch is my experience...altho I did only get less than 2000mls from 1 clutch on number 1 due to cooking it on the drag strip :lol: :lol:

Got to agree with the cooking and wear.Bad boy Bothy.naughty,naughty. :naughty::eek::laughing::laughing:

Not that anyone on here would do it, but resting your foot on the clutch pedal don't help either,no sirree!

It all comes back to the driver how long a clutch lasts,barring oil leaking on the plates and ,I believe, :oops: some rare occurrence peeps call DMF failure :nono::nono::fear::fear:

Del (With apologies to suffers of Dmfitus)

The clutch is beefed up for the RAV and should last a lifetime if driven well. If anything they will need to be changed when it becomes heavy rather than worn out. This is possible when the tempering of the diaphragm changes with age.

I would tend to forget about it in a 4.2 petrol.

Thats what you call a project. Don't fancy polishing all the silver squares!

If it had been petrol; and if it had only 3 doors, I'd have bought it. Ah mean.... even ma wheelchair fits the the back of my 3 door cars !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links