Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Must Of Hurt

Hou

Must have done this at some serious speed,Tree 1 - Audi 0

A game of two halfs!

A translation of the first post for those who want to know the story :(

The story:

A young couple were driving home from a club a Friday morning... whisky, speed and irresponsibility did the rest.

2 dead...

The car is in the state that the firemen found it... it wasn't cut open... except by the tree.

Notice that the speedo is stuck on 90km/h and the tach at 2000revs.

Sad story, and it comes from my country :(

Edited: after checking the ambulances & numberplates it's not in France after all... but that doesn't change the story.

Edited by yannick

A young couple were driving home from a club a Friday morning... whisky, speed and irresponsibility did the rest.

2 dead...

nasty stuff :(

And now to thow the cat among the pigoens.....

Now ook again at those photo's closely....

Notice anything a little odd, peculiar ???

Let's see....

1) No broken glass around the accident, except one lump of the iwindscreen and no windows in the car......

2) Really shiny alloy, erm wouldn't he have braked and if not the dirt would have gone into the car....

3) It's amazing how the two boies ended up right next to each other ???

4) Nice pictures of the enigne bay, but, where's all the fluids, you would have thought after the crash you would have brake fluid, water, oil, washer fluid etc ???

4) the bottom and side of the car look straight cut for the back half of the car, only the top is really bent....

5) the bang in the steering wheel is very, very narrow, not like a body has bent it...

6) IOf the fire brigade were going oto cut away the passenger door, surely they would have cut it away under the car ??

7) There is no break inb the earth, even if the car didn't break (v unlikely) you would still see the tyre tracks ??

IMHO that is not real.... It's staged

Farther reading of the thread gives the following info:

• Several people don't believe that it was a real accident because there are no skid marks on the ground and there is no oil, petrol or suchlike
  • The pictures came from a Portuguese forum (link to thread), but the person who found them doesn't understand Portuguese, so can't supply any information

And now to thow the cat among the pigoens.....

Now ook again at those photo's closely....

Notice anything a little odd, peculiar ???

Let's see....

Sorry I took a while to post the reply - I'm in a meeting!

Others in the French forum agree with you as to the fact that it may be staged - but it has been suggested that the car literally flew into the tree.

There is a lot of debris (but no glass?)

Officially the fire brigade didn't cut the car (but who's to say?)

IT IS REAL. 2 kids dead in local

but isnt french its PORTUGUESE, near oporto city

i can get you several link with more info (in portuguese)

and don´t tell me that you believe in the story

"speedo is stuck on 90km/h and the tach at 2000revs"

in this situation, when the car brokes in two, you think the speedo is ok ?

13th pic down (wideshot with trees... dynamic images bla bla cant show bla bla)

The car couldnt have flown much as the tree damage isnt that high up. Its strang how the tree hasnt splintered much either... 2tons at 90kph...dunno, would have thought there would have been more damage than just stripped bark and a few scratches.

Also the hight of the tree damage is fairly low, suggesting the car wasnt that airbourne, and the back half has spun round on impact - fine, but where are the drag marks the chassis would have dug into the ground as it slid.....

The front section has spun 180 - 270 degrees from the car impact direction this surely would have caused markings in the soil to.

Maybe ive been watching CSI to long. lol

Dunno then.

Im sure its real, there are CD's lying about and stuff. But just strange the lack of damage to the surrounding area.........

Its a bit sick, posting pictures of a car crash if you ask me. For christs sake they are one of the most horrific things you can see.

hello, thas true, it happened, sad but true

do you know in wich country die more people on the road ?

portugal is in the top 3, so if you come here, be afraid.....

ask anyone who konws where portugal is

didn´t you see at cnn a bridge that colapse with a bus with 50 ppl, all dead ?

3 years ago ? --------------------> in portugal

I'll back you up on that....

one of the most scarest places I've driven in! Some of the portugal's drivers are truely nutters! I've been to Albeferia a few times now and everytime I've been I've seen at least one major accident and loads of near misses with a few series prangs

I'll never hire a car again in portugal!

Kev

Its a bit sick, posting pictures of a car crash if you ask me. For christs sake they are one of the most horrific things you can see.

I know that it's horrific, and a bit... I don't know... macabre. I find sick too strong, but anyway...

I think that on a car forum it's not a bad idea to show the results of irresponsibility. A lot of people think "It'll never be me". I hope that this thread has got people thinking, both in this club and in the others that these images have been posted.

I visited the Portuguese forum to check. My limited understanding is that the poster thinks that it is for real: but I'm not fussed if it's real or not, I'm not fussed if it was the guy's fault or not. The point is that we should learn. In some countries they display write-off cars in shopping centres with the intention to shock people into understanding. I learnt more or less the same lesson seeing write-offs in scrapyards while I was grubbing around for spares.

Look & learn. We all get blasé about our driving after a while. Yes, we all do! These sort of images bring us back down to earth... at least I hope that they do.

respectfully,

Yannick.

I'll back you up on that....

one of the most scarest places I've driven in! Some of the portugal's drivers are truely nutters! I've been to Albeferia a few times now and everytime I've been I've seen at least one major accident and loads of near misses with a few series prangs

I'll never hire a car again in portugal!

Kev

just a correction

Albeferia -> ALBUFEIRA, ALGARVE

BTW for those who think that it's a mock-up:

IMO it's too elaborate. The car is too bent, & in too many pieces. If it was an exercise for the rescue services then it'd have been one where it was realistic to have survivors. If it was a stunt to shock the public then they'd have put blood everywhere.

I can't answer all the questions about skid marks & fluids, but if it's not for real then I don't see the point.

On a slight tangent, does anyone remember the shocking Australian road safety campaign? Now there's something that should be generalised!

Fair do's yannick, I see what your saying. I 'personally' just find it a little upsetting/distressing thats all.

I agree what your saying about it being a bit like a reality check tho.

Fair do's yannick, I see what your saying. I 'personally' just find it a little upsetting/distressing thats all.

well i didnt wanna post the pics straight up i put the link to give the reader an option!

i give up,

that accident made the first page in allmost all nacional news papers

i´m looking for the original images, not resized.

Maybe they should put posters with this sort of picture up on the road, or give every car a complementry set of postcards with similar pictures.

Too many people get in their cars and think they're in an indestructable box. It's images like this that remind you that the car may as well be made out of tin foil if you are going to have a collision with anything at speed.

Images like this are exactly why I drive carefully and don't take any chances.

I don't care if this is real or not, I've passed accidents with simialr results to this driving down the M1.

I'm not being mean or anything, but I'm glad you're distressed by this sort of stuff. So am I.

i give up,

that accident made the first page in allmost all nacional news papers

i´m looking for the original images, not resized.

Sorry mate, I wasn't casting doubt on what you said, but the French poster wasn't sure, and I don't understand Portuguese very well :lol:

While it's good to know the truth behind the story, it didn't really matter to me... because the pictures are shocking enough without the story behind... :(

It's images like this that remind you that the car may as well be made out of tin foil if you are going to have a collision with anything at speed.

... and images like your avatar? :thumbsup:

It's images like this that remind you that the car may as well be made out of tin foil if you are going to have a collision with anything at speed.

... and images like your avatar? :thumbsup:

As well as that it's a reminder to always use protection :lol: