Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Gen 6 Gt Owner

Steven R

Hi there , I have recently bought a gen. 6 gt , really chuffed with it . I have posted here once b4 . Its an R reg '98 with 25k on the clock ( genuine miles , bought from my best mates dad ) He only used it rarely , absolutely mint ! Its due an MOT and service , just wondering whether anybody knows anywhere with a good rep. that I could take it . I live in Warrington , Cheshire . Also are there any easy mods I could get done to make it faster !!!! Any advice whatsoever welcome , cheers .

How do fella - if you have a looksy at www.celica-club.co.uk we have a trusted dealership where a lot of us take our pride and joy for work/maintenance.

From Warrington - it'd be about an hr drive.. I travel there from the Wirral to get my work done.

As regards to performance, go for a decent exhaust and air filter initially. I've got a Blitz Realize TT exhaust and a Blitz SUS Power LM filter on my GT. Even my 'beater' - a Celica SR has a Ramair filter on it for a bit more motorway grunt.

Cheers Ben , I'll look up the dealer any ideas on cost of the Mods. you listed ?

I was lucky - the exhaust cost me under £300 new in the box - a celica club member had been messed around by Racelogic - the original one he had from them had a manufacturing fault. he had a custom one built but racelogic replaced his damaged one - so he sold it to me.. usually retail for about £600

the Blitz sus is about £180 from fensport - it's the metal filter... i got it for about £100 off eBay...

other mods on my GT are the GT4 rear brace, lowered by 40mm spax springs and a few others...

btw to get the best discount you need to be a celica-club member..

Is it the dealership in Keighley for servicing , etc ?? and thanx for the info on mods , I'll have to get savin'!! I've also just joined the celic-club website . Does the exhaust and filter make a real difference ??

Is it the dealership in Keighley for servicing , etc ?? and thanx for the info on mods , I'll have to get savin'!! I've also just joined the celic-club website . Does the exhaust and filter make a real difference ??

yep and yep.. car really roars and seemsa bit freere.. might go for a de-cat as well but they're doing a lot of police spot checks at the moment - so for the sake of less hassle might save up for a performance cat instead.

If you don't fancy shelling out for the price of a blitz exhuast - you could go for a custom one. Top Gear in Burnley are pretty good - I use them for my tyres but know a few people who've had realy good exhausts from them.

once again , thanks for the info Ben , I'm due a service and MOT in mid April so i'll give the guys in Keighley a ring , and have a think about the mods. Its such a gr8 car ! the only car i've had that i've been up for as much as the Celica was a Porsche 944 ( can I say that on here !! ) The Celica is such a gr8 drive but It seems to be a little flat until you hit about 4k in 2nd but then it just goes and goes........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links