Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Roof Rails ?

CharlieFarlie

My Neighbour wants a set of the silver roof rails for His car.... Can anyone please advise how to fit them ?? Are they fitted from outside the car or is it a headlining down job ??

Advice on price would also be appreciated !!! Thanks ...... :thumbsup:

PS I'm asking about the long silver ones like I have on My car.

Rav4July2011012.jpg

Wee Charlie.

My Neighbour wants a set of the silver roof rails for His car.... Can anyone please advise how to fit them ?? Are they fitted from outside the car or is it a headlining down job ??

Advice on price would also be appreciated !!! Thanks ...... :thumbsup:

PS I'm asking about the long silver ones like I have on My car.

Rav4July2011012.jpg

Wee Charlie.

Hi Charlie,

they are dead easy to fit ( assuming they are Toyota ones! ). You slide out the plastic covers just inboard of the roof edges, unscrew the 8mm bolts that are holding the retaining brackets in place and then just follow the instructions to install the bars. All done from the outside and if you keep the bits you take off, you can return the car to standard at any point. It took me under an hour to do the job on my own. HTH :thumbsup:

Chris this is for the long silver bars as on the pic of My car above and not the cross bars ??? Thanks !!

Wee Charlie.

Where's Davrav with His diagrams when You need Him ......................

Chris this is for the long silver bars as on the pic of My car above and not the cross bars ??? Thanks !!

Wee Charlie.

Hi Charlie,

yes - for the roof rails as you show in your photo. I have the black ones as my car is black and bought them from Kingo ( roughly £200 about a year ago ). Silver ones are more expensive for some reason. I guess you will have a torque wrench for fitting them? A talk wench won't work in this case ;)

Wee Charlie.

They come with really good instructions for fitting - very comprehensive

Wee Charlie.

Thanks Chris. Yes Mate I have a torque wrench.. My Neighbours car is a 2011 SR in Black so I would think the silver ones would be the best option... He is a great Bloke and has done Me a couple of big favours over the last few months so its an opportunity to repay Him !

Wee Charlie.

Well, I'm here but I can't find any installation information for roof bars on the Toyota tech site.

However.............

if you can make sense of the instructions HEREyou may get some idea.

The genuine rails will come with clear instructions and it is an easy job though you may need a box if you're helping with the fitting Wee Charlie :rolleyes:

Ha! not beaten - see attached PDF :thumbsup:

Roof rails.pdf

Edited by Davrav

Wee Charlie.

Thanks Chris. Yes Mate I have a torque wrench.. My Neighbours car is a 2011 SR in Black so I would think the silver ones would be the best option... He is a great Bloke and has done Me a couple of big favours over the last few months so its an opportunity to repay Him !

Wee Charlie.

Well Charlie...ah've decided to wash yer car, wash the Jag, clean yer house windows, sweep yer drive, de-salt yer jet ski.....silver ones would look nice on my car....

Good on ye, and if ye fall out with him next week, I could always visit with ma Glesga Socket Set and remove them.

Poor Kev :thumbsup:

I fitted silver roof rails to our car last week - it was simple. Took about 45 mins from start to finish.

They come with fitting instructions, and its as simple as sliding back the protective covers and unscrewing / rescrewing 8 bolts. :thumbsup:

Don't lose any of those covers, they cost about £40 each, no kidding :eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave for that download that is exactly what I was after !! PK PM replied to Thanks..

Thanks to all those who answered !!

Wee Charlie.

http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/p-1160-toyota-rav4-oem-style-aluminium-roof-rails.aspx#

download fitting Instructions part A

download fitting Instructions part B

Thanks for that Mate.. But My Friend has the latest all singing and dancing Rav SR so the only real choice was Toyota genuine equipment..

Wee Charlie.

http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/p-1160-toyota-rav4-oem-style-aluminium-roof-rails.aspx#

Thanks for that Mate.. But My Friend has the latest all singing and dancing Rav SR so the only real choice was Toyota genuine equipment..

Wee Charlie.

Yes, I think that the original parts are the best. I want on like that on my T180.

Where did you order it from and how much was it?

Jozsef

Wee Charlie.

Yes, I think that the original parts are the best. I want on like that on my T180.

Jozsef

Mate . PM Kingo He will give You a very good price for the parts,,

Wee Charlie.

Wee Charlie.

Jozsef

Wee Charlie.

Thank you Chalie.

Wee Charlie.

Jozsef

Wee Charlie.

Thank you Chalie.

I've sent You a PM with the info You need Mate ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wee Charlie.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links