Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Knock T180

JesusJohnson

Picking the car up tomorrow after engine replacement and whilst it was in I asked them to look at a steering knock on it at low speeds when coming off the drive whilst turning, surprisingly similar to what I read about on here as a known problem.

Anyway toyota have found a steering part that requires replacement, a shaft I think, cant quite remember what he said :wacko: . The car has 6 months warranty with mitsubishi where I bought it so I thought either toyota or mitsubishi would foot the bill.

Toyota contacted them to tell them of the problem and did they want toyota to do the fix as most of the labour was already be done for them anyway, Mitsubishi warranty has rejected the claim saying the parts is under a toyota part recall and therefore no claim, but toyota tell me it is not.

Can see some hassle here. Going to find out what exactly the part is and have a ring round a few toyota dealers to see if it is to be done under a warranty recall or not, if they all say no and mitsubishi still wont sort it who would I complain to ? :ffs: :ffs:

Cheers,

Jason

Ask the Mitsi warranty people for evidence of this recall.

There is a bulletin saying what the source of the noise is but no recall.

Tell them to cough up or you will go to Trading Standards.

Or you could write to the MD of the Toyota garage you use, Jason....mark for attention of Mr. Pontius McPilate...!!!!!

Big Kev :angry:

Surely if one warranty wont pick it up the other one should ?? As above threaten with trading standards and ask for a full refund on the amount paid for the warranty !!

If I'm honest very nearly all warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on ...

Wee Charlie.

Technically you can't have two warranties on one item so I would go for the Mitsi one as they claim to have provided the car with a warranty - @rsoles

picked car up this morning but no one could tell me what the problem exactly was as guy dealing with the repair was not in, so once i talk to him on monday and will ring mitsubishi after that. The warranty came free plus my part ex needed a bit of work that will have probably shafted them, it went in with the engine management light on, sales bloke said its probably just wants resetting when i knew it needed a new inlet manifold, it also needed a dpf pipe, front and rear discs and pads and was due another egr valve as they were changed at about 1 year, never had one last more than 18 months and they still gave me £5500

picked car up this morning but no one could tell me what the problem exactly was as guy dealing with the repair was not in, so once i talk to him on monday and will ring mitsubishi after that. The warranty came free plus my part ex needed a bit of work that will have probably shafted them, it went in with the engine management light on, sales bloke said its probably just wants resetting when i knew it needed a new inlet manifold, it also needed a dpf pipe, front and rear discs and pads and was due another egr valve as they were changed at about 1 year, never had one last more than 18 months and they still gave me £5500

Im now curious as to why You posted the OP ??????????????? You seem to be unhappy one day and happy the next ? If Your car has a problem and You have a warranty then claim and get that problem sorted under the terms of that warranty that You will have paid for somewhere as NOTHING is free.. :rolleyes:

Your part ex price is nothing to do with the above.. Dealer will likely have given You what He will have simply sold it at auction so that is why He will be smiling ?

Mate one day You are seeming hard done by as No one seems t want to pay for a steering problem so far un diagnosed. The next You are appearing smug as You have passed a lemon on to the Dealer ???????????????????????????????????????????????

Next Question .........................................................................

Wee Charlie.

Hey Charlie if you think something will you say it instead of beating around the bush??!!! :rolleyes: :D

Hey Charlie if you think something will you say it instead of beating around the bush??!!! :rolleyes: :D

Its living up here in Scotlandshire Mate....... They don't mince words up here !! But Hey why am I saying this ? You have after all met the King of Scotlandshire in person I believe ??.. :drool:

Wee Charlie.

Its living up here in Scotlandshire Mate....... They don't mince words up here !! But Hey why am I saying this ? You have after all met the King of Scotlandshire in person I believe ??.. :drool:

Wee Charlie.

Aye....King Bothy of Bothwellton and Anchorman have indeed met, Charlie, and Anchs taped the whole conversation and is still playing it back to me, bit by bit, for translatification.

BiG kEV :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links