Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seat Belt Beeper

pal1

Hi

Just got a 06 Rav4 petrol XT4. How do I disable the annoying seat belt beeper. I don't wear seat belts much. I know about putting a spare clamp into the seat belt but that's no good as wife always puts hers on

Mike

Hi PGP

Tried that a few times, dosen't work on mine. I didn't get any options for the last bit.

Mike

Isnt it easier to wear it? Unless you have an exemption certificate of course

Kingo :thumbsup:

You rebel :D:

Will be a Rebel with a 30 quid fine if Plod sees Him ..............

Wee Charlie.

Aye and quite capable of stuffing our insurance when paying for the head to be reassembled.

Hi

Great advice, you will be pleased to know i've sorted it out myself.

Mike

The influence of my face reconstruction will be peanuts on your insurance.

Hi

Great advice, you will be pleased to know i've sorted it out myself.

Mike

The influence of my face reconstruction will be peanuts on your insurance.

2 Wrongs don't make a Right ?..............................

Wee Charlie.

This is a genuine question and not meant to upset anyone, it was brought up by the question above and my ignorance re MOT's, but is a seat belt warning buzzer a requirement in modern cars and therefore a seatbelt warning noise part of the MOT?

Gus

This is a genuine question and not meant to upset anyone, it was brought up by the question above and my ignorance re MOT's, but is a seat belt warning buzzer a requirement in modern cars and therefore a seatbelt warning noise part of the MOT?

Gus

Can't see any reference to warning buzzers HERE

Gus

I've disabled mine using the 4.2 sequence posted and it passed French MOT without it - these sorts of rules are normally set at a European level these days so presumably if not required in France it's not required in the UK.

N.b. Not that I agree with not wearing seatbelts, the noise just irritated the hell out of me, but I suspect Pal1 could just pull the sensor from under his seat and tuck it away somewhere.

Be careful if you play with any seat belt sensors.

The sensor will probably provide a feed to the airbag/seat tensioner control unit.

This might result in a yellow light on the dash.

Yes it does turn off the seat airbag, however there is a relay that disables the two stage buzzer.

I noticed my reference to uninsured Asians got taken off. Might upset someone if you tell the truth !!

Yes it does turn off the seat airbag, however there is a relay that disables the two stage buzzer.

I noticed my reference to uninsured Asians got taken off. Might upset someone if you tell the truth !!

Well if its the truth Your after I think You are showing complete stupidity if You are driving on today's roads without wearing a seatbelt. I hope I'm wrong in assuming that this is Your intention ??

Wee Charlie.

Things are going to get even tougher with changes coming in January 2012: Proposed MOT 2012

But not found anything on seat belt warning.

Section 1.7 for those with HID headlamps (and conversions).

Section 4.1. The TPMS light on only fails on passenger vehicles first used on or after 1st January 2012.

Things are going to get even tougher with changes coming in January 2012: Proposed MOT 2012

But not found anything on seat belt warning.

Section 1.7 for those with HID headlamps (and conversions).

Section 4.1. The TPMS light on only fails on passenger vehicles first used on or after 1st January 2012.

What's the definition of a Supplementary Restraint System (SRS)?

Section 5.4 gives a reason for rejection if the SRS malfunction indicator lamp is:

* inoperative

* indicating a system malfunction.

Well if its the truth Your after I think You are showing complete stupidity if You are driving on today's roads without wearing a seatbelt.

Maybe not worth the wear on your keyboard Charlie. :thumbsup: I'll just remind members of the "Darwin Awards":

http://www.darwinawards.com/

The problem and misery comes when stupidity takes some innocent party out with them.

It'll be anything airbag/pretensioner related I suspect - they usually all go through the same system.

Oh, and most modern airbags are really only meant to be used along with seatbelts and seatbelt pre-tensioners. So, what would you say with no belt? an even more severe wack in the face perhaps? but possibly on your way out through the windscreen, so, maybe the smack in the face doesn't matter? I wonder what would win? your body or the airbag? :unsure: Any crash dummy volunteers?

Well if its the truth Your after I think You are showing complete stupidity if You are driving on today's roads without wearing a seatbelt.

Maybe not worth the wear on your keyboard Charlie. :thumbsup: I'll just remind members of the "Darwin Awards":

The problem and misery comes when stupidity takes some innocent party out with them.

It'll be anything airbag/pretensioner related I suspect - they usually all go through the same system.

Oh, and most modern airbags are really only meant to be used along with seatbelts and seatbelt pre-tensioners. So, what would you say with no belt? an even more severe wack in the face perhaps? but possibly on your way out through the windscreen, so, maybe the smack in the face doesn't matter? I wonder what would win? your body or the airbag? :unsure: Any crash dummy volunteers?

Yes I fear You are correct Mate ...................................................... :unsure:

Wee Charlie.

The problem is, was it the truth or a guess? are you qualified to make such a statement? If not it could be seen as libelous. It might be what you think but what people think and the actual truth are poles apart from each other. Best sticking to the facts me thinks

I was at the Shotokan Karate World championships at the weekend at Ingleston Edinburgh. A Guy took a heavy punch right on the end of His snotter .... Not nice .. What a windscreen or a steering wheel feels like is unimaginable..

When I was a young fella around 20 I used to drive a Taxi for My old Man... part time nights. I witnessed a nasty car accident where the driver head butted the dashboard. This of course was before the days where seat belts were compulsory.

What I saw that night will live with Me for ever.......................................

Wee Charlie.

When I were a lad :rolleyes: I did 24 hour recovery..............nuff said

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links