Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seat Belt Beeper

pal1

You rebel :D:

Will be a Rebel with a 30 quid fine if Plod sees Him ..............

Wee Charlie.

Actually a £60 fine and 3 penalty points.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually a £60 fine and 3 penalty points.

Well, before y'all crucify the bloke, who, I hasten to add I've never met, the reasons can (IMHO) be legit, mine (regretably) keeps resetting itself, so the fix is not "solid" on the 4.3 that I have.

My main reason for disabling the bleeper - I drive from the car parking area of the marina where I keep my boat to the exit barrier, where I usually need to get out of the car coz the sensor on the exit side is flakey and you need to wave your card at the entry sensor to get the barrier up. So a 400 metre drive at 20kph on private land, hardly a road safety issue but a right PITA with the seatbelt wotsit shrieking at you.

I don't drive on the road without a seatbelt, apart from anything else it's a €60 (no points though) on the spot fine :(

I will get the Toyota dealer to shut the !Removed! thing up when it goes in for its 15,000 K service.

Delighted to say though, apart from the new sensor fitted under warranty in June the RAV has been faultless, just over 11,000 Kms and that included a trip to Scotland - from Spain!

Lee

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links