Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can I Cancel My Extended Warranty

mad midge

I bought a used auris in January and decided that it would be a good idea to have it covered. I got the 12month free warranty with toyota and then bought an extra 3 years. I'm looking to sell the car now so is it possible to cancel the extended warranty and get a refund on it.

Any info would be a great help.

Thanks Chris

Your answer will be in the warranties terms and conditions. They might refund as the actual start date isn't until Jan 2012. Possibly there may be a cancellation/administration charge. Is it a Toyota backed warranty or an outsourced one? If the latter they are usually not worth the paper they're printed on because of too many small print exclusions.

Check if it's transferable,if so it could be a good selling point, assuming it's Toyota backed.

Yes it is a Toyota one so really wanna get the money back. Jus hoping they will as it doesn't start till january 12 like u said.

You can't get a refund, I did the same thing with my Yaris and sold it before the extended warranty even came in effect and they would not refund the money. One of the members here, PartsKing (?), works for Toyota and (I think) he confirmed to me that they will not refund the money

I have a feeling that the Toyota Extended Warranty is tranferrable to the new owner, but not refundable.

I would therefore suggest that any price you put on the vehicle includes a premium for this extended warranty...

It is also a good selling point, rarely does a private seller give a warranty, normally it's only dealers that do that, so you have an advantage over other private sellers.

:thumbsup:

You need to speak to Toyota extended warranty directly on 0844 871 8024

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links