Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery R.i.p.

firemac

Aha! Battery terminals are at the front next to the strut brace thingy! Mine are at the back as mentioned in post #16.

Glad to note the upper Battery clamps can go in the configuration you used too.

Aha! Battery terminals are at the front next to the strut brace thingy! Mine are at the back as mentioned in post #16.

Glad to note the upper battery clamps can go in the configuration you used too.

FYI, and that of mellow fembers, the Battery is a Halfrauds HB 702.....£90.00 with a 3 year warranty when bought just before last winter setted in....believe me, at that price, I ask it every morning if it's feeling alright and will continue to do so until warranty runs oot..!!!!

Big Kev :lol:

:eek: :eek:

such corrisiffness on the turret of a 2004 RAV4 !?

Altho some of it looks dew to metallicy rusty thingy due to alloy touching steel? Coupled with yer Haulfuds Battery leaking. Dose of hot water followed by some wd40oillystuff on the Battery. then rust treatment on the rusty bits. Dinna let the rust on and around the turret get worse cos its that wot holds the front wheels intae the car.

Joylove - I'm fairly sure originally the terminals were at the front of the Battery. Mine was.

Big Kev - Looks like you had to cut the Battery cover to give clearance?

Must learn how to multi quote!

Just looking at the brochure and it says 27 Amp/Hr for the petrol manual and 55 for the diesel. (36 for auto petrol)I've a newish 45 in mine and have problems when it's not used for a few days.

Joylove - I'm fairly sure originally the terminals were at the front of the battery. Mine was.

Big Kev - Looks like you had to cut the battery cover to give clearance?

Just looking at the brochure and it says 27 Amp/Hr for the petrol manual and 55 for the diesel. (36 for auto petrol)I've a newish 45 in mine and have problems when it's not used for a few days.

No way, pmb....look at the cutout....do you think ah could do something that neat, or even Anchorman who was there to watch and learn....? Nah....that's the way it came, matey, even considering it came with the original daft wee Battery, but the commonality I presume would be for diesels with the "real" Battery fitted as standard.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Not read this whole thread so for give me....... I bought my Battery form Euro carparts, they stock various AH sizes, I went for the biggest AH that would fit. I too had problems fitting the Battery they supplied me because the terminals where in the wrong place.......I took it back to them and told them, they said no problem you need opposite end terminals??? err ok I said...... the guy returned with the same make/model Battery but only this time the terminals were where they should have been.

So what I am trying to say is you can get the same make and model battery with the terminals in the right place. Halfords may not know this and sell you another more expensive battery.

No way, pmb....look at the cutout....do you think ah could do something that neat, or even Anchorman who was there to watch and learn....? Nah....that's the way it came, matey, even considering it came with the original daft wee Battery, but the commonality I presume would be for diesels with the "real" Battery fitted as standard.

So are you saying it came out of the factory like that in 2004 or a previous owner has modified it? My 2002 covers the Battery completely.

No way, pmb....look at the cutout....do you think ah could do something that neat, or even Anchorman who was there to watch and learn....? Nah....that's the way it came, matey, even considering it came with the original daft wee battery, but the commonality I presume would be for diesels with the "real" battery fitted as standard.

So are you saying it came out of the factory like that in 2004 or a previous owner has modified it? My 2002 covers the battery completely.

Me being thick, pmb....there's a wee "trapdoor cover" whom which covers the Battery in, as if to hide it completely...sorry, I had removed it for reasons of photographicality.

Big Kev :help:

Me being thick, pmb....there's a wee "trapdoor cover" whom which covers the battery in, as if to hide it completely...sorry, I had removed it for reasons of photographicality.

That's what I don't understand. Don't have a trapdoor on mine. It's remove it all each time I need to charge the Battery.

Me being thick, pmb....there's a wee "trapdoor cover" whom which covers the battery in, as if to hide it completely...sorry, I had removed it for reasons of photographicality.

That's what I don't understand. Don't have a trapdoor on mine. It's remove it all each time I need to charge the Battery.

i can sell you the space for a trapdoor if you like. All proceeds to charity. PM me your address and I'll post the space to you.

Lots of feedback, thanks.

Seems that the diesel batteries are generally 2 x the price of the standard one for the petrol automatic. I can understand that but I am concerned about size & fit. I've looked at ours closely & there seems to be quite a bit of slack/play in the cables to both terminals so I can't see where there could be a problem as long as the Battery fits in the Battery box & the terminal layout is same as currently.

The more I look into this though, the more I think that it might just be as simple to let Mr. T fit one of his standard petrol units; after all it comes with a 3-yr guarantee. Much as I like the idea of the extra margin of performance that would come with the diesel battery (esp for cranking in very cold weather), I'm not sure I actually need it. Even through the last two winters' really cold spells, the old OEM Furukawa (now 9 1/2 years old, mind) never failed to start the car - even though once or twice I thought it might be on its last legs! Also, the car always starts "on the button", if you know what I mean - almost fires as soon as the starter begins to crank.

So, if I get a guaranteed 3 years out of a new one, bearing in mind the age of the car, that's pretty comfortable. By the way, has anyone heard of "Solite" batteries? They are quite a bit cheaper than the others I've seen on-line & come with free delivery.

I'll think on a bit more..... Thanks for all the helpful comments.

Jim

Seems that the diesel batteries are generally 2 x the price of the standard one for the petrol automatic. I can understand that but I am concerned about size & fit. I've looked at ours closely & there seems to be quite a bit of slack/play in the cables to both terminals so I can't see where there could be a problem as long as the Battery fits in the Battery box & the terminal layout is same as currently.

The more I look into this though, the more I think that it might just be as simple to let Mr. T fit one of his standard petrol units; after all it comes with a 3-yr guarantee. Much as I like the idea of the extra margin of performance that would come with the diesel battery (esp for cranking in very cold weather), I'm not sure I actually need it. Even through the last two winters' really cold spells, the old OEM Furukawa (now 9 1/2 years old, mind) never failed to start the car - even though once or twice I thought it might be on its last legs! Also, the car always starts "on the button", if you know what I mean - almost fires as soon as the starter begins to crank.

So, if I get a guaranteed 3 years out of a new one, bearing in mind the age of the car, that's pretty comfortable. By the way, has anyone heard of "Solite" batteries? They are quite a bit cheaper than the others I've seen on-line & come with free delivery.

Jim

Logical thinking, Jim (back to William Shatner, again....) if that's the kind of price you can get a PETROL battery for and that';s what you require. I only upgraded my wife's due to geographical variances in ambient temperatures in our hemisphere....wtf?....it gets caulder up here.

Never heard of Solite batteries, but that's exactly how that visit to Halfrauds made my pockets feel......

Big Kev :crybaby:

Jim

Logical thinking, Jim (back to William Shatner, again....) if that's the kind of price you can get a PETROL battery for and that';s what you require. I only upgraded my wife's due to geographical variances in ambient temperatures in our hemisphere....wtf?....it gets caulder up here.

Never heard of Solite batteries, but that's exactly how that visit to Halfrauds made my pockets feel......

Nice one! Have you ever considered a stint at the Apollo??

Don't forget there is another piece to come off there. That bit of trim at the front is held on with trim clips. Even two fb's like me and Kev couldn't squeeze the Battery enough to get it through that little hole!

Jim

Nice one! Have you ever considered a stint at the Apollo??

Naw, Jim, but ah have been called a Spaceman before....does that count....?

:alien::yahoo:

Don't forget there is another piece to come off there. That bit of trim at the front is held on with trim clips. Even two fb's like me and Kev couldn't squeeze the battery enough to get it through that little hole!

Carefull calling the big Fella a FB or We could have a different Battery................. Assault and Battery !.......... :yahoo:

OK Il get Me coat ....................................................................................

Wee Charlie.

Don't forget there is another piece to come off there. That bit of trim at the front is held on with trim clips. Even two fb's like me and Kev couldn't squeeze the battery enough to get it through that little hole!

You told me that's why it was so expensive....it was an inflatable Battery you promised me.....did you keep ma receipt...?

:unsure::crybaby:

PMB, first click on multi quote on each post you want to quote. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Add Reply.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links