Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tpms Warning Light

Big Kev

Bon Soir Ladies and Gents,

...and I can hear Marsky and Wardude giggling already. You will recall that a few weeks ago I flung a party just after ridding Funnerburd Wan of his runflats, putting on normal(ish) tyres but retaining the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, for reasons better known to me alone, which I have now forgotten.

Couple of days ago, on comes the wee flashy yellow light, and I checked all 5 tyre pressures, which were all 32-34, so no imminent deflation problem....so why the flashing light?

I should point out that the brand new alloy and matching spare tyre also have a TPMS sensor fitted, which I got from eBay and supplied to Mr.T to sign in to management system, which all went smoothly. I did not carry the spare for a few weeks, and all was well....no light flashing. About a week ago,I put the spare and its eBay sensor in the car, and a few days later, prey hesto, the light flashes. I therefore divorced the spare from the car and drove away, hoping the pesky light would naff off, and of course it didn't. This is my own "diagnostic" and may be rubbish, but there does seem to be a link in putting in the spare, and the light came on. Must I go to Mr.T to have light cancelled, and anybody else got any idea why it still flashes, when the sensor I suspect is miles away in ma hoose....?

You are all very nice people..... :thumbsup:

Big Kev

Have you checked the vehicle manual, usually if all the pressures at the correct value you need to hold the TPMS button down to relearn the correct value to the system to prevent false warning lamps.

Have you checked the vehicle manual, usually if all the pressures at the correct value you need to hold the TPMS button down to relearn the correct value to the system to prevent false warning lamps.

Car not here at moment, but wasn't aware there was such a button / manual override, as each wheel has its own built in sensor, and either works or doesn't. Reply appreciated though, and will check when car returns.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

...and I can hear Marsky and Wardude giggling already. You will recall that a few weeks ago I flung a party just after ridding Funnerburd Wan of his runflats, putting on normal(ish) tyres but retaining the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, for reasons better known to me alone, which I have now forgotten.

Couple of days ago, on comes the wee flashy yellow light, and I checked all 5 tyre pressures, which were all 32-34, so no imminent deflation problem....so why the flashing light?

I should point out that the brand new alloy and matching spare tyre also have a TPMS sensor fitted, which I got from ebay and supplied to Mr.T to sign in to management system, which all went smoothly. I did not carry the spare for a few weeks, and all was well....no light flashing. About a week ago,I put the spare and its ebay sensor in the car, and a few days later, prey hesto, the light flashes. I therefore divorced the spare from the car and drove away, hoping the pesky light would naff off, and of course it didn't. This is my own "diagnostic" and may be rubbish, but there does seem to be a link in putting in the spare, and the light came on. Must I go to Mr.T to have light cancelled, and anybody else got any idea why it still flashes, when the sensor I suspect is miles away in ma hoose....?

Big Kev

Oreight BK ( english/yorkshire abb for big kev how r you sir ) did you or have you traveled with the new spare or did you just pop it in for the first time & on came the light...i also bought a used spare & carry it now & then when on big journeys,some time in the car other times on the trailer with no issues,me suspects that 1 or more sensors have glitches on them,maybee as a result of renewing tyres, only a diag will tell :nerd:

I should point out that the brand new alloy and matching spare tyre also have a TPMS sensor fitted, which I got from ebay and supplied to Mr.T to sign in to management system, which all went smoothly. I did not carry the spare for a few weeks, and all was well....no light flashing. About a week ago,I put the spare and its ebay sensor in the car, and a few days later, prey hesto, the light flashes. I therefore divorced the spare from the car and drove away, hoping the pesky light would naff off, and of course it didn't. This is my own "diagnostic" and may be rubbish, but there does seem to be a link in putting in the spare, and the light came on. Must I go to Mr.T to have light cancelled, and anybody else got any idea why it still flashes, when the sensor I suspect is miles away in ma hoose....?

Big Kev

Oreight BK ( english/yorkshire abb for big kev how r you sir ) did you or have you traveled with the new spare or did you just pop it in for the first time & on came the light...i also bought a used spare & carry it now & then when on big journeys,some time in the car other times on the trailer with no issues,me suspects that 1 or more sensors have glitches on them,maybee as a result of renewing tyres, only a diag will tell :nerd:

Thanks Steve....have followed Bob's advice of "check yer elfing handbook ya numpty..." and it tells me that "if the light is blinking,(it is) the monitoring system is not working properly..." Yeehah....cracked it, eh....? Looks like it's off to MrT for a diagnostic, but it worked perfectuously well when the Flunrats were on the car. That's me had the car exactly two years, with not one tiny toaty problem, then it starts falling apart like this..should I sell it.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ?

Kev,

While you weren't looking, Davrav has installed his weather station on your vehicle and that is the source of your problems ;).

(PM said linker and I'm sure he will explain).

In the meantime, prepare to receive some shcm-spam.

Kev,

While you weren't looking, Davrav has installed his weather station on you vehicle and that is the source of your problems ;).

(PM said linker and I'm sure he will explain).

In the meantime, prepare to receive some shcm-spam.

Had hoped you'd not be working tonight delivering them curries, shcm....spam away....welcome anytime.

:thumbsup:

Big Kev

Thanks Steve....have followed Bob's advice of "check yer elfing handbook ya numpty..." and it tells me that "if the light is blinking,(it is) the monitoring system is not working properly..." Yeehah....cracked it, eh....? Looks like it's off to MrT for a diagnostic, but it worked perfectuously well when the Flunrats were on the car. That's me had the car exactly two years, with not one tiny toaty problem, then it starts falling apart like this..should I sell it.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ?

Yeah drop it off to the Gypsy camp darn sarf,that might put an end to your probs :censor:

Big Kev

Yeah drop it off to the Gypsy camp darn sarf,that might put an end to your probs :censor:

They would just tinker with it, mate.....copyright.

:yahoo:

Ill keep this short Kev. CUT THE PINK WIRE, can of gunk in the boot, spare tyre for longer trips, bin the sensors. lol soz mate but i hope you get it sorted. charlie do you need any help??

Me no laughing - I feel your pain, and was one reason why I sold the T180.

If you have all 5 registered, does that mean you would need 5-out-of-5 for the light to be off, or would 4-out-of-5 do?

Probably needs all 5 as the car wouldn't know if it was an on or off wheel which was failing?

I know from running my no-sensor winter wheels that the light would go off in about a minute when parked up against the storage box with my OEM wheels with sensors.

So... if pressures are okay, which one of your 5 sensors has failed? And how many hundreds to get tyre off/ on and replace sensor?

Nightmare these bl**dy wheels.

If you have all 5 registered, does that mean you would need 5-out-of-5 for the light to be off, or would 4-out-of-5 do?

Probably needs all 5 as the car wouldn't know if it was an on or off wheel which was failing?

I know from running my no-sensor winter wheels that the light would go off in about a minute when parked up against the storage box with my OEM wheels with sensors.

So... if pressures are okay, which one of your 5 sensors has failed? And how many hundreds to get tyre off/ on and replace sensor?

That's the rub, Marsky....you and Shaun said do away with, but I knew betterer. If it IS the spare with the eBay (1 of a set of 4)transmitter in it, strange the light still flashes when it's in the house and I am miles away. Mikey Faraday's wee cousin, shcm, promising some input, and, since it's me, it will be in babytronics language, hopefully....?

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Oh, two things:

1. Check your can of gunk that it has enough for 18" tyres, as I noticed some cans only do up to 16"

2. Remember the thread about disabling seatbelt warning light could affect airbag deployment? Saw a site that said disabling TPMS on some cars can affect stability control. How relevant to RAV I don't know.

Oh, two things:

1. Check your can of gunk that it has enough for 18" tyres, as I noticed some cans only do up to 16"

2. Remember the thread about disabling seatbelt warning light could affect airbag deployment? Saw a site that said disabling TPMS on some cars can affect stability control. How relevant to RAV I don't know.

1. Nod appreciated...will check.

2. Aw FFS min....for sale section....nah...oany kiddin'

:thumbsup:

There are two warning lights though. One tells you there is a problem with the TPMS system and another to tell you have loss of pressure on a wheel.

Can't remember how they are different - no user's manual anymore.

Had hoped you'd not be working tonight delivering them curries, shcm....spam away....welcome anytime.

Nah, it's all you can eat baltis around here for £1.25. - Made with "meat". (You don't ask!)

.....plus £25 protection money to stop your car getting trashed by the locals while you eat it.

For what is is worth (and I don't think it is a lot), you have PMs. (Ointment may be available).

We might be able to workout what the wee ECU is trying to tell you (apart from cut the wire). Mr T visit is probably simpler.

Ill keep this short Kev. CUT THE PINK WIRE, can of gunk in the boot, spare tyre for longer trips, bin the sensors. lol soz mate but i hope you get it sorted. charlie do you need any help??

Yes Mate ! In the instructions You sent Me it seems You earth the wire after cutting ?? Or am I reading it wrong ? Is it viable / possible to put a switch into this wire so I can turn it off when running with the winter wheel/ tyre comb ( If they ever %$(ing arrive) and switch it back on when the runflats are back on the car for summer use as I intend to use them rather than scrap them...

Thanks.

Wee Charlie.

Hey Charlie

Yeah you tape one end of the wire up and the other end you need to earth. Yes its quite easy to rig a switch OR like me, just pop some male and female connectors on the wires so they can easily be joined together again if needed. i didnt have a switch handy so just did the latter. The end of the PINK wire that needs taping is the end that comes from the car’s ‘gizzards’ (…from the Battery, up through the engine bay towards the scart connector) not the gauges. The TPMS lamp is in the gauge pack and the new wire needs to connect the lamp to earth

right heres the problem..i have worked with this system well since it popped its ugly head on to the t180's.....

a registered spare with a fault wont show a fault as the car knows it can only have 4 wheels

each wheel is coded to a corner ie 1234 o/s/f 4321 to n/s/f etc..if the wheels get swapped about then it will show a fault as it cant read the code....

also with the spare you cant really code that because the wheel can only be coded to one of 4 places so if its coded to the n/s/r and the o/s/f gets a flat then the fault light will come on

if you mean swapping a wheel to another corner, it will not produce a warning.

I would change OEM fronts with backs twice a year and never once had a warning.

And like I said, parking up to my OEMs would turn off the warning my non-sensor wheels would make.

The RAV doesn't need a specific wheel to be on a specific corner.

Hey Charlie

Yeah you tape one end of the wire up and the other end you need to earth. Yes its quite easy to rig a switch OR like me, just pop some male and female connectors on the wires so they can easily be joined together again if needed. i didnt have a switch handy so just did the latter. The end of the PINK wire that needs taping is the end that comes from the car’s ‘gizzards’ (…from the battery, up through the engine bay towards the scart connector) not the gauges. The TPMS lamp is in the gauge pack and the new wire needs to connect the lamp to earth

Just to be sure ... I cut the Pink wire and earth the part that comes from the loom. The short tail that still goes into the instruments I tape up..

Or can I cut and simply put a switch in between the two sections ??? Fark I hate electrics !!!!

Thanks

Wee Charlie.

For anyone with fancy ideas about cutting the pink wire............

........I've seen the pink wire and trust me, they start with a pink wire in the factory and then build a RAV around it - it is a complete !Removed! to get at. It will be easy if you take off the entire upper facia.

Hey Charlie

Yeah you tape one end of the wire up and the other end you need to earth. Yes its quite easy to rig a switch OR like me, just pop some male and female connectors on the wires so they can easily be joined together again if needed. i didnt have a switch handy so just did the latter. The end of the PINK wire that needs taping is the end that comes from the car’s ‘gizzards’ (…from the battery, up through the engine bay towards the scart connector) not the gauges. The TPMS lamp is in the gauge pack and the new wire needs to connect the lamp to earth

Just to be sure ... I cut the Pink wire and earth the part that comes from the loom. The short tail that still goes into the instruments I tape up..

Or can I cut and simply put a switch in between the two sections ??? Fark I hate electrics !!!!

Thanks

Wee Charlie.

I read Wardude's instructions the other way round Charlie - Tape the loom end and earth the tail to the instrument pack. Best PM him to be certain :thumbsup: