Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tpms Warning Light

Big Kev

Hey dudes

the wire that needs taping is the end that runs back towards the batter and the engine bay. Its so hard to explain on e mail, so much so i had the same carry on with the stuart who was helping me do it. . Also the pod is a doddle to get off so you can get to the pink wire. All in all it took me 15 mins from starting this job to finishing it. You pop of the dash pod as its only held on with clips, take out 4 screws and the gauge pod just pulls out towards you. The pink wire is there for all to see

So to be sure. When your looking at the pink wire, you will see one end of heading back towards the engine bay into the dash yeah? thats the end that needs taping up when cut. The end that needs earthing is the end of the wire that goes to the bulb in the instrument pack. But yes charlie i think it has to be earthed. But im sure you can still rig a switch Hope that makes sense. The photos i sent you should show this clearly

You must be getting at in a different place - fair do's :thumbsup:

Things tend to get repeated ad-nauseum

There's a bit more info here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120513&st=0

with a suggestion for a switch wiring here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120513&view=findpost&p=1083915

Showers of pansies ! Ma RAV - in fact both - suffer no ill consequences from blow outs at 100mph and they tell me if a tyre is soft by looking flat at the bottom only.

Then again, they are both 3 doors.

Perhaps, young Kev 0'Pisselpork, yer problem is Hinge Degradation. Or HD as its known. High pitch resonance caused by hard steel under great pressure can cause waves of low voltage electricity, sufficient to upset fault alarm systems. Either remove yer 2 back doors or buy a drivel drill and a 0.5mm drill bit to drill through the lit lamp.

They we are - sorted ! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Showers of pansies ! Ma RAV - in fact both - suffer no ill consequences from blow outs at 100mph and they tell me if a tyre is soft by looking flat at the bottom only.

Then again, they are both 3 doors.

Perhaps, young Kev 0'Pisselpork, yer problem is Hinge Degradation. Or HD as its known. High pitch resonance caused by hard steel under great pressure can cause waves of low voltage electricity, sufficient to upset fault alarm systems. Either remove yer 2 back doors or buy a drivel drill and a 0.5mm drill bit to drill through the lit lamp.

They we are - sorted ! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

:lol::giljotiini:

• 1 year later...

Did this job today..quite easy and works a treat,no more pesky light ..thanks Charlie and Wardude for the excellent guides.
The hardest part was refitting the clock dustcover ha.