Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Mot

PaulinhoT

A few months ago there was some posts doing the forum rounds about the new 2012 MOT test, and what was changing, 99% of it was rubbish. Anyway, I thought I would say that this week the new tests were posted online, and I've had a little look at work and it's not all doom and gloom.

Yes it's a lot stricter, but most of it is to do with ESP or ESC..

I will try and put some of it up asap for you all.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Paul :thumbsup: my honey :wub: up for MOT in november ,when do'es mot change's take effect.

The details of the 2012 MOT changes were published in last weeks Auto Express :thumbsup:

As promised here are some of the changes being brought in on the Ministry of Transport test (M.O.T) form the 1st of November 2012.

• Brake Fluid Warning Lights
  • Condition of all visible wiring
  • Catalytic Converter
  • Condition of Battery
  • Electronic seat adjustment motor
  • Electronic parking brake
  • Electronic stability control
  • High Intensity Discharge headlamps (HIDs)
  • Power Steering
  • Seatbelt Pre-tensioners
  • Trailer/Caravan electrical socket
  • Tyre pressure monitoring system
  • Airbags

There is talk of the test going up, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

Trailer/Caravan electrical socket listening to the local radio today and they where talking about bring in a test for car trailers and caravans, any body else hear anything about such a test.

Trailer/Caravan electrical socket listening to the local radio today and they where talking about bring in a test for car trailers and caravans, any body else hear anything about such a test.

And so they should.they use the roads same as cars,vans,lorries etc.If unfit to be on the road,then they should be taken off.

I say this as an ex caravan owner.

And so they should.they use the roads same as cars,vans,lorries etc.If unfit to be on the road,then they should be taken off.

I say this as an ex caravan owner.

Never said they shouldn't, i have both and think this would be a good thing all you have to do is go to your local council amenity site and you'll understand why they are talking of such a test.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links