Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Off Side Wing Wirror

rambler

Erm......

I have two or three spiders making residence behind the glass of my wing mirror,every morning i have to wipe away their webs so i can see through the variety of life that is trapped there.

How is glass removed ?

Does it just pop off (with gentle persuasion).

Just don't want to crack the glass if i can help it :rolleyes:

Hose pipe ????

Tried that...but the webs still appear :angry:

Jet Wash ???

Now thats a thought....will give it a go....i have a hose spray adaptor that tends to give quite good pressure ( almist similar to Karcher stuff ).may try that.

Must be a way of removing that glass though.

I know several people that have spider nests in mirrors. You would be surprised that it can cause quite a problem because baby spiders can get inside the door then into the car. For me not a problem but for others, a nightmare of biblical proportions. There are a couple of things you can do.

1/ Ignore them and don't forget they stop your mirror getting bluebottles or other creepy crawlies living in the same mirror.

2/ There is spider repellant you can buy. This is not just for arachnophobes but it is for CCTV cameras for the same reason they like your mirror. It is warm in the sun and it gets heated when the weather turns cold.

You could always get John Goodman;

BTW, don't try to get your mirror off Rambs, it usually ends in tears and the king of pies has no trouble asking you for big bucks for a replacement glass. I think they are formed on the thigh of a virgin maiden :P

I know several people that have spider nests in mirrors. You would be surprised that it can cause quite a problem because baby spiders can get inside the door then into the car. For me not a problem but for others, a nightmare of biblical proportions. There are a couple of things you can do.

1/ Ignore them and don't forget they stop your mirror getting bluebottles or other creepy crawlies living in the same mirror.

2/ There is spider repellant you can buy. This is not just for arachnophobes but it is for CCTV cameras for the same reason they like your mirror. It is warm in the sun and it gets heated when the weather turns cold.

You could always get John Goodman;

BTW, don't try to get your mirror off Rambs, it usually ends in tears and the king of pies has no trouble asking you for big bucks for a replacement glass. I think they are formed on the thigh of a virgin maiden :P

Hi Anch's.....

Many thanks for the info,i shall leave the mirror well alone then ( had quite an expensive few months recently) so don't want any hefty car bills for a while.

I will blast them with my blow torch instead (from my plumbing days( i have a lovely big 2" nozzle on my gas bottle) throws out a nice big 3" wide flame,just right for toasting living things :lol:

Alternativly ,i will wash them with the hose with the multi nozzle....at full force ! ! !:boxing:

If its one thing that absolutely terrifies Me its spiders !! I cant even stand the house spiders and have to be rescued by My Wife if one runs across the lounge floor !!!

Wee Scardy Charlie.

If its one thing that absolutely terrifies Me its spiders !! I cant even stand the house spiders and have to be rescued by My Wife if one runs across the lounge floor !!!

Wee Scardy Charlie.

I'm with you there Charlie,i dont mind the spindly ones..but its harvest spiders i dont like......gosh they can move ! !..

Which is where my jam jar & postcard come in handy,living in a small hamlet with fields around us,we get loads of them,you can even watch them coming in the window when its colder outside.

They seem to try & hide behind the net curtains......BUT I'M READY....with the jam jar of course :D there is no way i'm touching them !

And if they get out of sight.....i HAVE to find them,before i can sleep soundly.

I'm quite fond of my wing mirror spiders. I have names for them.

Winston Churchill on the right and Ingelbert Churchill on the left.

Anyway, In.C. and Win.C. spiders like nothing more than to throw out yarns while the car is moving. In fact they keep encouraging me to drive as many of the planets roads as possible - so they can form a world wide web.

Yes, OK, OK, I am trying to work less and get out more!

The spiders in my garage have tattoos on each leg - LOVE on set and HATE on the other. I just throw them a joint of raw beef every hour or so.

The spiders in my bath are special forces. They are able to swim up the plughole even against the plug being taken out and if not watched carefully they will pop up and snatch an unsuspecting bather right down into the sewers where they can be digested at will....................

..........at least my daughter would have you believe it :eek:

BTW, one of my favourite summertime sports is to watch a bumble bee and a spider fight in the webs at the bottom of the garage window. Guess who wins every time???

A few weeks ago We had a big un run across the lounge floor and dissapear under My chair . My wife laughed as I literally flew out of the chair as if ejected by some strange huge force !

Unfortunately this invader could not be caught so I went upstairs to watch the telly ........................ :crybaby: :crybaby:

Wee Charlie.

Sorry I did have to laugh at the thought of Charlie, sorry wee Charlie being hurled out of his chair and shaking upstairs, poor spiders leave them alone, or cup them gently in your massive fist (bigger than their entire body) without squeezing and deposit them gently outside. :fear:

yes I do like spiders :-)

Gus

One day in the workshop I disturbed a donkey jacket that I used in the winter and had not worn for a few months.

All at once there was a cascade of what I thought was water came out. Another practical joke?

No, it was, no exaggeration,hundreds and hundreds of less than pinhead sized baby spiders!!

Where they went to I have no idea and it was all over in seconds.

An amazing sight that I dont think I will ever forget.

Del