Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Syphon Fuel

Yankeeron

I am changing of my 1995 Toyota Carina 1.6 for a Toyota Corolla. The problem is I am changing the car on Wednesday and I have only just filled up the tank with fuel. I have tried to get a tube into the tank in order to syphon off the petrol but It would appear there is some sort of anti syphon device fitted. Is there a way around this? As there is about £50.00 of fuel still in the car which I am loath to leave in.

Your Toyota dealer may be able to do the job for you.............He will charge you about £50! :eek:

Why not go for a long ride in your car so you can remember how good it was!.........and remember not to fill up when you are selling a car :thumbsup:

Your Toyota dealer may be able to do the job for you.............He will charge you about £50! :eek:

Why not go for a long ride in your car so you can remember how good it was!.........and remember not to fill up when you are selling a car :thumbsup:

Hi, Yes I'll take the grand children to the Blackpool Illuminations<g> It was just a quick decision made at the weekend, to change the car. To be honest it's done 118.000 miles and it runs like a dream. However it's due an MOT, a service, plus a timing belt and a tyre, also on the last MOT it only just got through on the emmisions and having priced a new lambda sensor!!!!! etc. I thought I would 'bite the bullet' and have a change. I'm glad I won't be taking it to the scrap yard myself, it would break my heart. It's akin to taking the dog to be put down.

As you are saving a lot of money by not completing the up coming work I reckon a small gesture of £50 of petrol would be nice to let the new owner have :yes:

I am changing of my 1995 Toyota Carina 1.6 for a Toyota Corolla. The problem is I am changing the car on Wednesday and I have only just filled up the tank with fuel. I have tried to get a tube into the tank in order to syphon off the petrol but It would appear there is some sort of anti syphon device fitted. Is there a way around this? As there is about £50.00 of fuel still in the car which I am loath to leave in.

Go onto the Amazon web site and look for this...

Oil & Fluid Extractor Manual 6.5ltr

by jack Sealey

See all 4 customer reviews... Like 1319473221 false -1 0 0 0 (0) RRP:£91.94Price:£48.70 You Save:£43.24 (47%)In stock.

Dispatched from and sold by Cheap Bargain Tools. 15 new from £41.99

Was £42 the other week back. But can be used to take the oil out of your engine by putting down the dip stick pipe. Also useful if you have to drain a fish tank ect. Great bit of kit. I've had this same one for about 10 years. :thumbsup:

Or you could get a length of garden hose and suck it out that way! But just remember not to light up a !Removed! afterwards or you'll go up like a Roman candle! :lol: ( Not recommended)

by jack Sealey

See all 4 customer reviews... Like 1319473221 false -1 0 0 0 (0) RRP:£91.94Price:£48.70 You Save:£43.24 (47%)In stock.

Was £42 the other week back. But can be used to take the oil out of your engine by putting down the dip stick pipe. Also useful if you have to drain a fish tank ect. Great bit of kit. I've had this same one for about 10 years. :thumbsup:

Or you could get a length of garden hose and suck it out that way! But just remember not to light up a fag afterwards or you'll go up like a Roman candle! :lol: ( Not recommended)

How will removing the oil help him get his petrol out? blink.gif

:P

by jack Sealey

Or you could get a length of garden hose and suck it out that way! But just remember not to light up a !Removed! afterwards or you'll go up like a Roman candle!:sick::blow::boxed::angel::lol::blowup: ( Not recommended)

How will removing the oil help him get his petrol out? blink.gif

:P

By sticking the pipe into the fuel tank and sucking it out using the vacume pump! But I'd just either drive the thing or let the new owner have use of the fuel. Always good to keep a buyer happy :yahoo::bash:

Alternatively, there is usually a drain at the bottom of the tank.

It is the tightest thing I have ever heard though.

You decided at the weekend to change cars on Wednesday, and then filled the car up today?? Not very clever!

Take it as a lesson in life and remember not to do it next time.

You are not getting much sympathy on here are you?

Maybe it's time to write this episode down to one of life's hard earnt lessons

Good luck with your replacement car :thumbsup:

You are not getting much sympathy on here are you?

Maybe it's time to write this episode down to one of life's hard earnt lessons

Good luck with your replacement car :thumbsup:

I didn't fill the car up yesterday. ( I ain't stupid) I filled it up last week, before I decided to change it, and have only done 50 miles since then. I don't think it will be going to another owner. Who wants a 15 year old car???? The garage I'm getting my car from, will no doubt scrap it. The guy at the garage told me I could take off what I wanted. I've removed my £200 radio/MP3 player. No doubt the garage will get the petrol out someway before taking it to the scrap yard.

I didn't fill the car up yesterday. ( I ain't stupid) I filled it up last week, before I decided to change it, and have only done 50 miles since then. I don't think it will be going to another owner. Who wants a 15 year old car???? The garage I'm getting my car from, will no doubt scrap it. The guy at the garage told me I could take off what I wanted. I've removed my £200 radio/MP3 player. No doubt the garage will get the petrol out someway before taking it to the scrap yard.

Yes....the garage will put a screwdriver through the tank and drain it :eek:

LOL thought you were just being a miser my apologies, if you can get two pipes in to your tank which you should be able to achieve seal around the pipes with a cloth put one pipe into a container and blow into the second pipe and you are good to go.

Just remember to have enough containers :unsure::thumbsup:

Hi Aidan The problem is I can't get a pipe down the filler pipe into the tank. I've got a pump to syphon the petrol out but I can't get it into the tank. I pressume there is some sort of device to stop people syphoning petrol? I was asking if there is a way around it?

Hi Aidan The problem is I can't get a pipe down the filler pipe into the tank. I've got a pump to syphon the petrol out but I can't get it into the tank. I pressume there is some sort of device to stop people syphoning petrol? I was asking if there is a way around it?

If you look at the back of the filler cap there will be a flexable pipe between tank and the car undo the top jubilee

clip and twist pipe to you get it off :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links