Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weak Brakes On Rav4.2 Petrol?

Molnboman

Picked up my wee Rav4 last week. Very pleased with it so far. Only niggle is that the brakes appear to be a bit weak compared to my diesel Zafira. Not sure if it's because of the petrol engine and the lack of engine braking. I have not owned a petrol cr since my Saab Aero in 2005 so I was just wondering if this is normal or that it is a "characterisitic" of this model.

It's just seems to take longer to "sqeeze" the pedal and stop than my oil burner!

Any advice greatly received.

Cheers

A

You will still get some engine braking... but its mainly due to the transmission 'drag' (not the right word but describes it better).

The brakes should be good. Try a search of this forum as its been covered a few times before. Anchorman knows the brakes on your model... is yours a 5 door or a 3 door ?

The brakes on mine a super sharp, have you checked your pads recently?

Thanks for the replies. Don't get me wrong , they are not "Bad" just different. No I have not had time to even drive the bleeder yet, never mind check the pads......but transmission / lack of engine braking combo sounds about right to me!

Thanks again and Cheers

A

You will still get some engine braking... but its mainly due to the transmission 'drag' (not the right word but describes it better).

The brakes should be good. Try a search of this forum as its been covered a few times before. Anchorman knows the brakes on your model... is yours a 5 door or a 3 door ?

FYI 5 door 150bhp 4wd 2003/2004 model.

Cheers

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links