Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winter Wheels And Tyres Have Arrived !

CharlieFarlie

Well two of them have. We are waiting on tyres for the other two..

Thanks to those who gave advice on Tyres and to MarsKy for the heads up on the WSP Catania wheels that I finally went for.

I decided to go for the Vredestien Wintrac 4 Extremes as they seem to be a fantastic Winter tyre that some run through summer as well but I will just use them through the winter months. I have used these tyres in the past also

Wheels are WSP Catania Toyota Replicas

Both wheels and tyres are exactly the same sizes as the original kit. The quality of the wheels is absolutely outstanding and a flawless finish on both the fronts and backs. They are a perfect replica of the original wheels and a slightly higher quality product without a doubt

Full wheel.

RavWinterwheels002.jpg

Nice centre caps which match the wheel finish exactly. The OE centre caps are duller than the OE wheels finish.

RavWinterwheels003.jpg

The supplier fitted nice fancy valves... You can see the quality of the paint and its flake in the lacquer. I have removed the valve caps and applied some aluslip as these valve caps can seize in place.

RavWinterwheels006.jpg

Several coats of Jetseal 109 will be applied to try and preserve the finish..

RavWinterwheels012.jpg

The tread pattern is very aggressive...

RavWinterwheels015.jpg

Wee Charlie.

One thing about these Winter tyres (I had mine put on last week)they really do look "chunky". Splendid choice Charlie,bring on the Snow.

Regards Clare

Thanks to those who gave advice on Tyres and to MarsKy for the heads up on the WSP Catania wheels that I finally went for.

I decided to go for the Vredestien Wintrac 4 Extremes as they seem to be a fantastic Winter tyre that some run through summer as wee but I will just use them through the winter months

Wheels are WSP Catania Toyota Replicas

Both wheels and tyres are exactly the same sizes as the original kit. The quality of the wheels is absolutely outstanding and a flawless finish on both the fronts and backs. They are a perfect replica of the original wheels and a slightly higher quality product without a doubt

Full wheel.

RavWinterwheels002.jpg

Nice centre caps which match the wheel finish exactly. The OE centre caps are duller than the OE wheels finish.

RavWinterwheels003.jpg

The supplier fitted nice fancy valves... You can see the quality of the paint and its flake in the lacquer. I have removed the valve caps and applied some aluslip as these valve caps can seize in place.

RavWinterwheels006.jpg

Several coats of Jetseal 109 will be applied to try and preserve the finish..

RavWinterwheels012.jpg

The tread pattern is very aggressive...

RavWinterwheels015.jpg

Wee Charlie.

Nice one.....I have studded Nokians on mine....where I live in IKEA land I need them!..Try not to have too much of a big smile on yer face as you watch your neighbours slide down the hills t their next r.t.a this Winter!

Cheers

A

Well done Charlie. They're looking good.

It's daft why people don't swap them over when the spring comes - more-so if they have a set of non-winter wheels. Save yourself as much tread as you can for winter.

I put my winter wheels on two weekends ago - and it's been about 15'C since... Still, a comfy drive down the M8 :)

FYI: If you don't want to carry a spare on short journeys, I went for the ContiComfortKit:

http://www.care4car.com/searchstock.html?searchitem=conti

(My 12 year old compressor is on its last legs, and my can of gunk only did 16" wheels, so wasn't too bad a cost).

Says it will do up to 125 miles at 50mph.

Well done Charlie. They're looking good.

It's daft why people don't swap them over when the spring comes - more-so if they have a set of non-winter wheels. Save yourself as much tread as you can for winter.

I put my winter wheels on two weekends ago - and it's been about 15'C since... Still, a comfy drive down the M8 :)

FYI: If you don't want to carry a spare on short journeys, I went for the ContiComfortKit:

http://www.care4car.com/searchstock.html?searchitem=conti

(My 12 year old compressor is on its last legs, and my can of gunk only did 16" wheels, so wasn't too bad a cost).

Says it will do up to 125 miles at 50mph.

That looks decent wee tool. But for local use I will just rely on the RAC as I have the best level of cover. For longer trips I will carry one of the existing wheels ..

Thanks again. I really am pleased with the WSP wheels. They give Me the original look which I feel is best since the original wheels are by far the best looking wheels for the Rav4 and nice and easy to clean !!

These wheels really are a spot on replica. For Anyone needing to replace a standard wheel say because of damage look no further !!

Wee Charlie.

Hi Charlie

Probably be the warmest snow free winter on record now !!

Mike

Yeh You could be right Mike !! But at least when I go on My multiple trips to and from the Midlands from here in Scotland I have at least taken the best precautions and given Myself the best chance .... :thumbsup:

Wee Charlie.

Hi Charlie

Mike

Yeh You could be right Mike !! But at least when I go on My multiple trips to and from the Midlands from here in Scotland I have at least taken the best precautions and given Myself the best chance .... :thumbsup:

Wee Charlie.

Way things are going Charlie,, you better get an outboard too :boat:

Hi Charlie

Mike

Wee Charlie.

Way things are going Charlie,, you better get an outboard too :boat:

Sorted David .................. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RavandSki002.jpg

Wee Charlie.

CHarlie

The alloys are 17" but tire is 18" -- how have you put them on? Or am I mistaken?

New is new with good looking.

Cheers/Igor

CHarlie

The alloys are 17" but tire is 18" -- how have you put them on? Or am I mistaken?

Cheers/Igor

Mate both the wheels and tyres are 18 as per the standard fitment....

Wee Charlie.

CHarlie

Cheers/Igor

18" wheels are standard on a T180 Igor :thumbsup:

CHarlie

Cheers/Igor

Aha, clear now - but i thought they're 17" -- now all correct then.

What is difference to drive on 235 instead of 225 mm ??? The reasonable question whether or not fuel consumption becomes more on 235, subject their pressure is in limits? Cheers/Igor

CHarlie

Cheers/Igor

Aha, clear now - but i thought they're 17" -- now all correct then.

What is difference to drive on 235 instead of 225 mm ??? The reasonable question whether or not fuel consumption becomes more on 235, subject their pressure is in limits? Cheers/Igor

The 235 is in millimetres and refers to the width of the tyre. So a 225 will be 10 mill narrower than a 235.... T180s have 235/55/18 as standard fitment so there should be no chang other than apparently winter tyres have less rolling resistance so MPG should be up but only very slightly....

Wee Charlie.